ImageImageImage

Game 69 - Pistons-Pacers - 7pm ET

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

vege
RealGM
And1: 4,257

Re: Game 69 - Pistons-Pacers - 7pm ET 

Post#21 » by vege » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:29 am

I feel insulted as a fan watching this garbage. If Weaver is not fired I might take the season off next season. I think enough is enough.
smann7
Sophomore
And1: 155

Post#22 » by smann7 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:13 am

Cade sits a game for load management, then the next game he’s in the game with 4mins left down 30…smh
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,764

Post#23 » by zeebneeb » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:48 am

vege wrote:I feel insulted as a fan watching this garbage. If Weaver is not fired I might take the season off next season. I think enough is enough.
Fun fact;

If Weaver isn't fired next season, he will become either worst GM of all time, or second worst.

He is 72/232 with 13 more games to be played. Let's be extremely nice and say the team goes 6-7.

That gives him 239 losses.

Stu Jackson is 78-300. (5 year span) For Weaver to not pass him in losses in a 5 year span, the Pistons have to do better than 21-61.

If the Pistons follow trend, they will go 3-10. That's 243 losses. That's 24-58.

I can't imagine a worse 5 year span, except Stu Jackson. I don't think anyone should be watching, or going to the games. Change only happens when Gores loses gate revenue.

Fans really paid for the going to work era of basketball.
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#24 » by Spider156 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:07 am

You know what I hate about all of this is half of us were right about not tanking. This is what tanking does. This is the worst experience I’ve ever had as a sports fan in the past 24 years. This has been more painful than losing the 2005 Finals. This is HORRIBLE. I hate every part of this organization from top to bottom. I don’t even care about who stays or goes. Guess what, your standards for Cade are gonna shoot up once he gets his max and with this idiot Weaver leading the way we’ll never get to see what Cade is really capable of.
Defense wins championships
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 469

Post#25 » by Crymson » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:12 am

It's bizarre to me to see all of the blame directed at Weaver and little consideration given to the Pistons having the most destructive head coach the league has seen in recent memory.

Casey was a bad coach, but he did more with less than Monty has. Monty took a better roster and brought it to all-time NBA lows. He's been a catastrophe of unprecedented proportions.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,788

Post#26 » by Snakebites » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:01 am

Tired of the blame game here.

Can’t we just say everyone sucks so we’re at least united in our suffering?

When you’re this bad for this long there’s plenty of blame to go around. Owner, coach, FO, players, fate (looking at you, injuries and blood clots). You can levy valid criticisms against all of those, and you don’t need to (and shouldn’t) just pick one or two.

Everyone can have a slice.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#27 » by Neptune » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:33 am

We got so much work to do this summer! We literally can't afford to bring in another rookie with this team. It's a must we trade our pick for proven talent for the sake of this franchise!
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,352

Post#28 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:52 am

Crymson wrote:It's bizarre to me to see all of the blame directed at Weaver and little consideration given to the Pistons having the most destructive head coach the league has seen in recent memory.

Casey was a bad coach, but he did more with less than Monty has. Monty took a better roster and brought it to all-time NBA lows. He's been a catastrophe of unprecedented proportions.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2360224

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2355994

There is multiple threads hating on Monty like above. He gets hated on in random threads all the time everyone is aware hes only here because we made him a offer he couldnt refuse and that he stinks. Regardless Monty just got here and Troy has been here for years now building a core of players that dont fit on the court.

Its not like Monty showed up and we went from being a quality team to the worst. We have 12 wins this season with games left to play and a 8.5 point diff. Last season we were the worst team in the league with 17 wins and had a 8.2 point diff.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:09 am

Snakebites wrote:Tired of the blame game here.

Can’t we just say everyone sucks so we’re at least united in our suffering?

When you’re this bad for this long there’s plenty of blame to go around. Owner, coach, FO, players, fate (looking at you, injuries and blood clots). You can levy valid criticisms against all of those, and you don’t need to (and shouldn’t) just pick one or two.

Everyone can have a slice.

Yup ownership is terrible and hires all the wrong people like our GM and coach. GM picks players that mostly suck or just dont fit together on the court. Coach sucks at coaching.

We cant fire the owner and the coach just got a bag of guaranteed money so hes likely going to be here another season before being canned. The GM has been here collecting millions for four full seasons now building what looks like a roster thats still years away from doing anything.

Surely everyone deserves blame but I'm looking at the guy whos been here the longest to go first which is Troy. Ofc I'd fire Monty too but I imagine hes going to get a chance to get some players he wants on the team next season to see if it looks any better.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,053

Post#30 » by bstein14 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:35 am

Crymson wrote:It's bizarre to me to see all of the blame directed at Weaver and little consideration given to the Pistons having the most destructive head coach the league has seen in recent memory.

It was Weavers decision to hire him.
JNewton
Veteran
And1: 182

Post#31 » by JNewton » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:40 am

I said it in one of the other threads and I'll say it again here - I just don't see any way this group is salvageable. It unfortunately needs to be hard reset, blowing it all up and starting over from scratch. Sadly, I expect the opposite to happen, Weaver to make a series of crippling offseason moves which sets the franchise back even further and makes it impossible to have a turnaround until the 2030s.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 474

Post#32 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:45 am

When Buddy came in, it was time to turn it off.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#33 » by DBC10 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:33 pm

bstein14 wrote:

Then if he goes, Monty has to go too. There's zero excuse and there hasn't been in quite some time. That much is obvious

If the new hypothetical GM comes in, he has to get his pick for coach. No need to sail with an anchor from the past regime. The new GM deserves a fresh start, period

But before we get there, there needs to be a full clean out of the entire ownership and C suite group. No more Gores hiring his snakes to be at some glorified exec position that's only used as some wealthy guy's slush fund
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,384

Post#34 » by Billl » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:42 pm

bstein14 wrote:

No it wasn't. That was all Gores. And there has a been a major split in the office ever since. It's completely disfunctional.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:53 pm

Billl wrote:
bstein14 wrote:

No it wasn't. That was all Gores. And there has a been a major split in the office ever since. It's completely disfunctional.

I've heard this narrative and I believed it at one point but I researched it and its not true. What happened was Weaver called Monty right away on the coaching search and Monty told him he was going to take the year off. Monty and Troy go way back as they worked together in OKC. It was another case of Troy going after a old buddy that he worked with in OKC.

Troy went after Ollie thinking Monty was off the market. Rather then settle for their 2nd choice Gores stepped in with a offer Monty couldnt refuse.

"Weaver immediately reached out to Williams (the two men worked together in Oklahoma City), but he said he was strongly considering taking the year off, although he indicated he found the Pistons job intriguing because of Cunningham and the young core. After the initial talk, Williams called back several days later to indicate he was taking the year off."

https://www.nba.com/pistons/news/how-the-tom-gores-troy-weaver-meeting-with-monty-williams-sealed-the-deal
Exit 9
Junior
And1: 191

Post#36 » by Exit 9 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:53 pm

I'm exhausted.
313MADE
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,384

Post#37 » by Billl » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:41 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
Billl wrote:
bstein14 wrote:

I've heard this narrative and I believed it at one point but I researched it and its not true. What happened was Weaver called Monty right away on the coaching search and Monty told him he was going to take the year off. Monty and Troy go way back as they worked together in OKC. It was another case of Troy going after a old buddy that he worked with in OKC.

Troy went after Ollie thinking Monty was off the market. Rather then settle for their 2nd choice Gores stepped in with a offer Monty couldnt refuse.

"Weaver immediately reached out to Williams (the two men worked together in Oklahoma City), but he said he was strongly considering taking the year off, although he indicated he found the Pistons job intriguing because of Cunningham and the young core. After the initial talk, Williams called back several days later to indicate he was taking the year off."

https://www.nba.com/pistons/news/how-the-tom-gores-troy-weaver-meeting-with-monty-williams-sealed-the-deal

Nah, that's just pistons PR after the fact. There was a major split right from the start in terms of team direction, who they were signing, and especially Ivey.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:47 pm

Billl wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
Billl wrote:

Nah, that's just pistons PR after the fact. There was a major split right from the start in terms of team direction, who they were signing, and especially Ivey.

I dont buy this at all. Weaver worked with Monty. He could of easily told Gores he knows how he operates and hes a bad choice. Clearly your gonna listen when Weaver knows the guy on that level.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,257

Post#39 » by vege » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:09 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
vege wrote:I feel insulted as a fan watching this garbage. If Weaver is not fired I might take the season off next season. I think enough is enough.
Fun fact;

If Weaver isn't fired next season, he will become either worst GM of all time, or second worst.

He is 72/232 with 13 more games to be played. Let's be extremely nice and say the team goes 6-7.

That gives him 239 losses.

Stu Jackson is 78-300. (5 year span) For Weaver to not pass him in losses in a 5 year span, the Pistons have to do better than 21-61.

If the Pistons follow trend, they will go 3-10. That's 243 losses. That's 24-58.

I can't imagine a worse 5 year span, except Stu Jackson. I don't think anyone should be watching, or going to the games. Change only happens when Gores loses gate revenue.

Fans really paid for the going to work era of basketball.

I was watching this the other day, and I could see so many similarities with us.

;pp=ygUnc2VjcmV0IGJhc2UgMjAxMSAyMDEyIGNoYXJsb3R0ZSBib2JjYXRz

Poorly constructed roster, inept coach, no 3 point shooters/spacing. Stephen Silas was there, in the same role he have with us.

It's disgusting how things reached this point, and sadly, it's very likely things are going to get worse.

I really mean what I said, I feel insulted as a fan.

Our players are being selfish, and trying to put up numbers, they don't even play like a team anymore. I even stop watching Kuh videos becuase he have been hating on Duren, but Kuh is correct.

Duren developed a ton of bad habits. He is not passing the ball anymore, he tried to finish 1v3 a play he grabbed an offensive board and the result was a fast break and 2 easy points for Indyana. Our entire team was wide open, and he couldn't care less. His defense was average, solid, right now he is a very bad defender.

Even when they're actually trying to win, and play properly, they do not fit with each other. They do not fit what the coach want to do. They do not fit the roles they've been assigned. Our entire coaching staff is horrible. Our players are talented, but they're not that good, they're all super flawed.

I got annoyed at Cade, he was having a great game, but he was having so many dumb and lazy TOs.

I am 100% done with this ****. We need to burn everything, and start again, this is not fixable.

Weaver/Tellem/their kids/their friends/the coaching staff/the players including Cade and Duren, they all need to go.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,123

Post#40 » by NYPiston » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:27 pm

2nd straight game that I haven't seen one second of. This is a decrepit franchise that is in a seemingly bottomless pit of suck.
As if it wasn't bad enough that Weaver is bad at his job, they have an owner that didn't let the GM do his job took over the coaching search and beg and pleaded a guy who had no interest in coaching the Pistons to come here by shamelessly throwing the bag and then some at him and now this coach is actively sewering the careers of just about every player on this team. Don't get me wrong, Weaver has his fair share of blame in this but NOTHING and I mean NOTHING compared to the damage Monty Williams has done.

The last few years, I've been looking forward to the draft and rest of the offseason but now I'm cringing at the thought of how they'll find ways to botch it up even more. As if it wasn't bad enough that this is a generationally bad draft, there's also not much else out there that can really help this team so I'm just awaiting more Bogey-like stopgap additions that do nothing whatsoever to move the needle and dependence on a core that clearly doesn't fit together coached by a coach who is happy to just sit on his fat stacks of cash and put in the minimum requirement for an NBA coach. Yay

You know what the worst part is? Teams that were in the dumps with the Pistons not too long ago have now lapped them by miles while the Pistons still swirl at the bottom of the NBA toilet with Houston being the latest that got their **** together. It was tolerable when the Pistons were in the beginning stages of the rebuild while others teams on the same timeline were as well but nope, not any more. F you Gores, from the bottom of my heart.

Return to Detroit Pistons