Post#1 » by Canadafan » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=zFRh_p3Hy7HvjQlLNLMqkA&s=19
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 734

Re: Ughhhh. Poor Ausar. Get well soon rook 

Post#2 » by A_dub06 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:31 pm

Poor guy, hopefully it’s nothing serious which is kinda dependant on where the blood clot is. I’ve personally suffered 2 blood clots within a 5 year span so know a bit about it. Hopefully it’s just a case of being on a anticoagulant and letting the clot dissolve
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,053

Post#3 » by bstein14 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:34 pm

I am not a doctor and not positive this is the issue, but they were reported asthma related issues and a quick google search of blood clots related to asthma brings up this.

A pulmonary embolism (PE) occurs when a blood clot gets stuck in an artery in the lung, blocking blood flow to part of the lung.

Which makes me wonder if his asthma related breathing issues actually ended up being a blood clot stuck in the artery in the lung.

Scary stuff hopefully no long term issues for him.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#4 » by MotownMadness » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:36 pm

Damn
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Post#5 » by theBigLip » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:43 pm

Not good, especially if it is for the rest of the season. I don’t know much about them, but it’s obviously not a quick fix. Just get ready for next season!
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,469

Post#6 » by Canadafan » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:44 pm

Pistons' Thompson, Stewart done for season due to injury
https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2873628
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 734

Post#7 » by A_dub06 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:59 pm

bstein14 wrote:I am not a doctor and not positive this is the issue, but they were reported asthma related issues and a quick google search of blood clots related to asthma brings up this.

A pulmonary embolism (PE) occurs when a blood clot gets stuck in an artery in the lung, blocking blood flow to part of the lung.

Which makes me wonder if his asthma related breathing issues actually ended up being a blood clot stuck in the artery in the lung.

One of my blood clots was a PE, which is almost always started from deep vein thrombosis in the legs usually calves. Treatment is rest while either a blood thinner (warfarin) or an anticoagulant (Rivaroxiban). My greater concern would be if he has a blood tested clotting issue which I also have, if that’s the case this could be far more sinister but given the information being reported I’d say they would already know the cause and long term ramifications
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 474

Post#8 » by MortSahlfan » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:06 pm

Damn... Hope he's alright.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,758

Post#9 » by zeebneeb » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:57 pm

Good thing they caught it. He looked so strange that game sittinf on the bench, i was genuinely concerned.

Can this absolute nightmare of a season just end already? Good grief.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,469

Post#10 » by Canadafan » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:31 am

zeebneeb wrote:Good thing they caught it. He looked so strange that game sittinf on the bench, i was genuinely concerned.

Can this absolute nightmare of a season just end already? Good grief.

Right?
Pray to God he's OK and fine to play going forward. What was the Bosh situation? Hopefully not similar

Edit;
Read on Twitter
?t=Uo3n44Zj9xRtYb0VRK9J6Q&s=19

Sounds like he's cleared and good to go next season, thank god
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,841

Post#11 » by The Sebastian Express » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:07 am

Much love to Ausar and I hope he continues to get better without this being a longterm issue. Blood clots are no joke, especially with the jobs these guys have and the amount of travel.

Best wishes to him and you guys.
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#12 » by Spider156 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:27 am

bstein14 wrote:I am not a doctor and not positive this is the issue, but they were reported asthma related issues and a quick google search of blood clots related to asthma brings up this.

I’m a doctor and I see PE’s and DVT’s every week. Good connection you made there, I was thinking the same thing. What’s the factor to put him at risk of blood clots? Either family history or flying in the air so often.
Defense wins championships
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#13 » by ducler » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:06 am

Spider156 wrote:

I’m a doctor and I see PE’s and DVT’s every week. Good connection you made there, I was thinking the same thing. What’s the factor to put him at risk of blood clots? Either family history or flying in the air so often.
Covid vaccine is also a possible cause
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,325

Post#14 » by Mr Peanut » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:38 am

A "blood clot" in itself is a fairly vague term. A few factors are quite important to know such as location (most common being legs or lungs) and the suspected underlying cause. Of course, we as fans aren't obligated to know all the minutiae of Ausar's medical history.

One would think that he had a pulmonary embolus that led to an exacerbation of his asthma, and the PE was only picked up when the exacerbation took longer than expected to improve. If it's a one-off event then no significant sequelae, but a second blood clot generally leads to lifelong blood thinners and likely early retirement such as the case of Chris Bosh (not that I'm saying this will happen to Ausar, but it's in the realms of possibility).

Source: also a doctor
chilluminati
Starter
And1: 3,916

Post#15 » by chilluminati » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:51 am

Wishing him good luck!
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,352

Post#16 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:05 am

Such a bummer losing him for the season.

I know this is a completely random thing but it sure does seem like Weaver has the opposite of the Midas touch with players. 2020 misses out on elite talent with 3 picks, gets a near cant miss one pick and he misses his entire 2nd season, Jaden the consensus 4 falls to us at 5 instead of Murray and he cant shoot, and now Ausar has blood clots.

Return to Detroit Pistons