Re: Detroit Pistons vs NY knicks 7;30 

Post#23 » by Uncle Mxy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:02 am

This game feels like Grimes' knee.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,764

Post#24 » by zeebneeb » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:03 am

I just checked the box score. What an embarrassment to the NBA, to the city, and to the state of Michigan.

Gores, sell the damn team to someone who genuinely cares about basketball. Just disgusting.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#25 » by chrbal » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:02 am

zeebneeb wrote:I just checked the box score. What an embarrassment to the NBA, to the city, and to the state of Michigan.

Gores, sell the damn team to someone who genuinely cares about basketball. Just disgusting.

In all honesty, we have our summer league roster out there tonight.
smann7
Sophomore
And1: 155

Post#26 » by smann7 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:20 am

Is this “running through the tape”?! **** joke! Keep Cade and Ausar and send the rest of them to china
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,257

Post#27 » by vege » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:09 am

Insulting
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,352

Post#28 » by buzzkilloton » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:07 am

D.Murray has been tearing up the court since Trae Young went down. The Hawks offered him to us for Ivey+Duren at the deadline and Weaver shot it down. Murray just led the Hawks over the Celtics tonight another great game from him.

Murray is on a really good team friendly deal too. We could of added him and had money left over to get another big time impact player this offseason.

25 9.3apg to 3.1tov 5.5reb 2.1 steals and averaging 38% from 3pt on 9attempts per game in the 15 games since Trae Young went out.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 474

Post#29 » by MortSahlfan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:10 am

Forget about Ivey being horrible on offense, which he was, but Donte scored all his 3s on him... Fournier and Rhoden were all over Donte defensively and don't remember him hitting a single 3 on either of those guys. I had to turn it off. Can't watch these "Ivey led" games. All our interesting players are out. I tried to watch it all, but had to turn it off in the 4th.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#30 » by DBC10 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:19 pm

chrbal wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:I just checked the box score. What an embarrassment to the NBA, to the city, and to the state of Michigan.

This. We're beyond tanking at this point and it was intentional what we were running out there. Not sure what people expected when we can't even name half the starting line up on any given night
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#31 » by Invictus88 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:34 pm

DBC10 wrote:
chrbal wrote:

This. We're beyond tanking at this point and it was intentional what we were running out there. Not sure what people expected when we can't even name half the starting line up on any given night

I don't even see the point in any of this. Sure. We *might* get the #1 pick but who's even worth taking there?

The only thing that could have been accomplished these last 10 games is establishing some positive momentum going into next year. Nope. Not happening apparently.

Tom Gores, sell the team. Cash in on your profits. Spare the fans here. We don’t deserve this.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Post#32 » by theBigLip » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:15 pm

I didn’t bother watching. We’re not playing for anything and a lot of guys are hurt and/or shut down for the season. I’m not sure that we are actually tanking. We had been playing better before Ausar/Stewart/Duren went down. Not expecting another win this season.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,604

Post#33 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:45 pm

Personally, I would take Lavert over Ivey.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,258

Post#34 » by GreekAlex » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:19 pm

theBigLip wrote:I didn’t bother watching. We’re not playing for anything and a lot of guys are hurt and/or shut down for the season. I’m not sure that we are actually tanking. We had been playing better before Ausar/Stewart/Duren went down. Not expecting another win this season.

Totally agree. I tuned out during the first quarter.

It’s been a tough watch lately.

I’m not sure why so many posters are frantic considering the lineups that are seeing the floor.

The season is over in every sense. Even the developmental season is kind of over.

I hope people with extreme negative comments can turn the page and stop expecting anything the rest of the way. It’s the epitome of beating a dead horse.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#35 » by Invictus88 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:01 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
theBigLip wrote:I didn’t bother watching. We’re not playing for anything and a lot of guys are hurt and/or shut down for the season. I’m not sure that we are actually tanking. We had been playing better before Ausar/Stewart/Duren went down. Not expecting another win this season.

I’m not sure why so many posters are frantic considering the lineups that are seeing the floor.

The season is over in every sense. Even the developmental season is kind of over.

I hope people with extreme negative comments can turn the page and stop expecting anything the rest of the way. It’s the epitome of beating a dead horse.

Why is the above true? Because you say it is?

There's still 10 games left; roughly 1/8 of a season. It's clear we can't be competitive and that's fine. But we still have a lot of minutes that can be used for growth. Are you going to say that our players don't need that?

I honestly don't care if Monty uses the last 10 games as scrimmages where we continuously force-feed certain players in positions just to see them work on skills. Try different defensive schemes. Call timeouts at weird times to stress fundamental approaches. Who cares. If we aren't winning we might as well use them for something. I think the fans and players would even understand that much more than what is going on right now.

The lack of logic in the above post astounds me honestly. It would be one thing if we were tanking for the draft. But there is no one to tank for.

If the above poster is correct then the Pistons as an organization would be better off if they simply forfeited the last 10 games. Because as this person stated the season is over in every sense. Pack it up. Nothing more to do here. Save the travel expenses.

I hope people with extremely.... interesting.... comments can turn the page and simply leave instead of making... interesting... judgemental comments about folks who have a right to be upset if they want to be. It's the epitome of wasting one's own time.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,258

Post#36 » by GreekAlex » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:43 pm

Invictus88 wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:

There's still 10 games left; roughly 1/8 of a season. It's clear we can't be competitive and that's fine. But we still have a lot of minutes that can be used for growth. Are you going to say that our players don't need that?

I honestly don't care if Monty uses the last 10 games as scrimmages where we continuously force-feed certain players in positions just to see them work on skills. Try different defensive schemes. Call timeouts at weird times to stress fundamental approaches. Who cares. If we aren't winning we might as well use them for something. I think the fans and players would even understand that much more than what is going on right now.

The lack of logic in the above post astounds me honestly. It would be one thing if we were tanking for the draft. But there is no one to tank for.

If the above poster is correct then the Pistons as an organization would be better off if they simply forfeited the last 10 games. Because as this person stated the season is over in every sense. Pack it up. Nothing more to do here. Save the travel expenses.

I hope people with extremely.... interesting.... comments can turn the page and simply leave instead of making... interesting... judgemental comments about folks who have a right to be upset if they want to be. It's the epitome of wasting one's own time.

I think my comment wasn't clear and was misunderstood.

Even during the historic losing streak, I found enjoyment in seeing the young players develop and how they played together.

The only players who played yesterday that I want to see back next year are Sasser & Ivey.

My comment regarding the developmental season being kind of over was that it's hard to judge those young guys and their development when they're playing with such a hodgepodge lineup.

I'm not saying that anyone doesn't have the right to voice their displeasure but I get confused when I see crazy negative comments when 90% of the regular roster isn't playing and nothing has changed. I think to myself what's the point of screaming "This team sucks and everyone needs to be fired" after every loss or during every game thread?
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#37 » by theBigLip » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:09 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:

I think my comment wasn't clear and was misunderstood.

Even during the historic losing streak, I found enjoyment in seeing the young players develop and how they played together.

The only players who played yesterday that I want to see back next year are Sasser & Ivey.

My comment regarding the developmental season being kind of over was that it's hard to judge those young guys and their development when they're playing with such a hodgepodge lineup.

I'm not saying that anyone doesn't have the right to voice their displeasure but I get confused when I see crazy negative comments when 90% of the regular roster isn't playing and nothing has changed. I think to myself what's the point of screaming "This team sucks and everyone needs to be fired" after every loss or during every game thread?

Agree with both of you, I think the first comment wasn’t communicated well. Bottom line, season is over in terms of wins and posters shouldn’t lose their minds about the wins or the lineups. But there are minutes to be played in real NBA games - everyone still should be working on their games, even the coaches.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,053

Post#38 » by bstein14 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:44 pm

Tyus Jones, Malik Monk, and Grayson Allen are all better than Ivey and all will be had for slightly above MLE money. Font is better than Bey was and Font will be had for hopefully a little less than MLE money. We have $60+ million in cap space we need to go out and get players who can play and guys like Ivey, Stew, Ausar should be our bench unit.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#39 » by theBigLip » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:52 pm

bstein14 wrote:Tyus Jones, Malik Monk, and Grayson Allen are all better than Ivey and all will be had for slightly above MLE money. Font is better than Bey was and Font will be had for hopefully a little less than MLE money. We have $60+ million in cap space we need to go out and get players who can play and guys like Ivey, Stew, Ausar should be our bench unit.

Monk looks like someone we can get for sure. I hate Allen for no logical reason. Sort of like Laimbeer - hate him unless he’s on your team :lol:
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,943

Post#40 » by Uncle Mxy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:26 pm

https://nypost.com/2024/03/26/sports/monty-williams-appears-to-shade-how-donte-divincenzo-broke-knicks-3-point-record/
Monty 'Set Me Free And Fire Me' Williams wrote:I don’t care about their team at all,” Williams said. “I couldn’t care less. Those guys, the way they got those threes. I don’t want to be a part of that story.”

Josh Hart on Monty Williams’ Donte DiVincenzo comments: “If he didn’t want to be part of the story, he should’ve told his guys to defend better."

Return to Detroit Pistons