ImageImageImage

Game 76 - Pistons @ Hawks - 7:30pm ET

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,135

Re: Game 76 - Pistons @ Hawks - 7:30pm ET 

Post#41 » by NYPiston » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:23 pm

I've been saying for a while that Ivey and Duren should be on the trade block before their trade value deteriorates. The NBA is unforgiving for players that severely lack basketball IQ and can't shoot to boot no matter how athletic they are and when you combine a coach who has no idea how to utilize them, it's a killer combination.

Cade, Ausar, Fontecchio with Sasser and Stewart as the main bench guys should be the skeleton of what next years' roster looks like. Fill in the rest with the draft pick, Ivey and Duren trade returns and a few capable vets through free agency.
This "Core 4" thing is total BS. It's not going to work, you can see how mismatched the pieces were from the hop. Don't let it fester more after another wasted season trying to "figure things out".
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#42 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 9:36 pm

Ivey's athleticism might have helped in the NCAA, but he was going against 95% who didn't make the pros... lots of unathletic guy. Not gonna cut it in the NBA and I agree we should trade him before his stock goes lower.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#43 » by Neptune » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:15 am

Moses ShamMoses wrote:
Neptune wrote:
Moses ShamMoses wrote:Hot take time, Ivey is worse than Killian Hayes right now.

Sometimes, I really wonder about some people on this board. I mean, seriously.

I mean I said it was a hot take...but you can't seriously watch Ivey and think he's a good basketball player right now either. He stinks on both ends of the floor. At least Killian played defense.

Hayes was terrible and got tourched multiple times, so that defense argument has never had legs. The only person who rooted for him is the guy here who thought trading Ivey to the Nets with there 4 guard rotation already set was a great idea.

Everyone has slumps in the league. The potential is there with Ivey, he just has to get it together.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#44 » by Moses ShamMoses » Fri Apr 5, 2024 12:36 pm

Maybe I'm just not a big believer in Ivey's potential. He's got that ugly set shot, and then his drives are mostly out of control / verge of a turnover. To top it off, if he can't immediately get around someone, he just throws up prayers towards the rim. Honestly I think we're stuck with him at least another year if Weaver is expecting any sort of good compensation in a trade.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#45 » by MotownMadness » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:49 pm

Moses ShamMoses wrote:Maybe I'm just not a big believer in Ivey's potential. He's got that ugly set shot, and then his drives are mostly out of control / verge of a turnover. To top it off, if he can't immediately get around someone, he just throws up prayers towards the rim. Honestly I think we're stuck with him at least another year if Weaver is expecting any sort of good compensation in a trade.

Coming in the league I had a vision of him just downhill attacking, closing in defenses with kickouts and scores at the rim.

None of that seems to happen or at least not effectively

Return to Detroit Pistons