Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,790

Re: Black Monday (April 15th) 

Post#41 » by Snakebites » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:55 pm

theBigLip wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
Good point. He’s done well on franchise value, which he sort of rides the tide of the entire league. Net income is still important, don’t know about those details, but probably doing well with that as well.

For sure. He’d definitely LIKE the team to win more games, which would lead to more income and potentially playoff revenue. Those things matter too.

But they likely aren’t WHY he bought the team. He’s in a position to make a tidy profit whenever he decides to cut ties. He picked a pretty good time to buy an NBA franchise.

Real good timing:

But even if the Pistons continue to misfire their way to NBA ignominy, there’s another bright spot for the owner. Gores purchased the Pistons in 2011 for $325 million. The franchise is now worth $3.1 billion, according to the latest
Sportico
NBA valuations. At an 854% return on investment, the Pistons are probably the billionaire’s best investment of all.

And that’s the bottom line.

He’s been a terrible owner but a damn good investor.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,511

Post#42 » by whitehops » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:01 pm

looks like both are staying but this is as good as we could've hoped for i guess:

Read on Twitter

for me personally i just didn't want weaver making decisions and it looks like this accomplishes that.
JNewton
Veteran
And1: 182

Post#43 » by JNewton » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:07 pm

whitehops wrote:looks like both are staying but this is as good as we could've hoped for i guess:

Read on Twitter

for me personally i just didn't want weaver making decisions and it looks like this accomplishes that.

Assuming the list put out by James Edwards was intel and not speculation on his part, John Hammond is the only name he mentioned that really excites me given that he was probably the real architect of the Goin' To Work teams and largely built Milwaukee, and then went on to contribute to Orlando's rebuild. The other names mentioned were Jon Horst and Bryson Graham, and then Neil Oshey and Dwane Casey ( :o to that tier.)
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,228

Post#44 » by thesack12 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:16 pm

JNewton wrote:
whitehops wrote:looks like both are staying but this is as good as we could've hoped for i guess:

Read on Twitter

Assuming the list put out by James Edwards was intel and not speculation on his part, John Hammond is the only name he mentioned that really excites me given that he was probably the real architect of the Goin' To Work teams and largely built Milwaukee, and then went on to contribute to Orlando's rebuild. The other names mentioned were Jon Horst and Bryson Graham, and then Neil Oshey and Dwane Casey ( :o to that tier.)

Yes, as terrible as Weaver has been and as much as I wanted him out of the decision making equation, this has potential to actually make this franchise even more of a mess.

Hey Tom, you are going to have to pay these guys ayways just cut the freakin cord already.

Dwane Casey being in consideration for POBO... LMAO.... Again I will repeat just cut the GD cord with these guys once you determine you no longer want them in the positions they hold.

What could possibly go wrong here? Especially in a potential situation where Weaver has Casey step down as Head coach, then 1 year later Casey then turns around and becomes Weaver's boss.

This franchise is a freakin joke.

Return to Detroit Pistons