Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Re: New Edwards article rating our assets 

Post#61 » by BDM22 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:10 pm

Snakebites wrote:
BDM22 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Lauri has one year left on his contract.

Trading for him- I’m not even sure risky is an accurate descriptor.

Not risky if the deal is based around the start of free agency and Lauri agrees to renegotiate his final year using our cap space and extend his deal.

However, I would guess we won't get Lauri unless we give Cade.

I really don't see any reason he'd commit to that.

Nobody prepping for unrestricted free agency is going to commit to a 14 win team without at least checking on the market first. They know our money is going to still be there for the taking.

In today's NBA you take the guaranteed money and ask for the trade when it doesn't work out. There really isn't a "commitment" to the team these days. No way he risks $200M+ dollars to some kind of injury when it's easy for players to guide themselves to a new team by trade these days.

And in this specific scenario, the Pistons would be increasing his salary for this coming season substantially. Money he would not get back if he decided he wanted to just play next season out and hit unrestricted free agency.

Granted, I fully expect Utah to keep him, and likely do the renegotiation and extension themselves as they have like $38M in cap.
SuperBad
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#62 » by SuperBad » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:42 pm

What about going after a combination of three shooting wings like Monk, B Brown(try to flip grimes for him), and Kelly Houbre, extend Fettechenko and if there’s any money left get a stretch 5 like Saric, Draft Sarr, force Ivey to sixth man backup pg role, if doesn’t learn to shoot or fit that role you have Sasser and Flynn. We don’t trade any of them, and if u can’t get Kelly Houbre as well as the rest, settle for a Gary harris

Cunningham
Monk
Brown
Fettechenko
Duran

Ivey
Houbre
Sister
Stewart
Sarr

Flynn
Sasser
Saric
Tooson
Wiseman
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,781

Post#63 » by zeebneeb » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:56 pm

Pistons need to swing for the fences, and finally put real NBA players around Cade.

No half measures.

I expect to be disappointed by the brain trust.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,352

Post#64 » by buzzkilloton » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:35 am

Sounds like were gonna be bringing in a president of operations to oversee Troys work. I'd rather just can him at this point.

https://theathletic.com/5402332/2024/04/14/pistons-worst-season-change-nba/

"Change might be coming, though. Team and league sources told The Athletic that Gores is considering hiring a president of basketball operations to have the final say on all basketball matters. The Pistons haven’t had someone in that exact role since 2018. As for Williams, it appears as of now that he will be back next season, assuming he demonstrates that he can deliver significantly more progress in the development of its team and players.

The ultimate goal for the Pistons, per team and league sources, is to have total synergy from the top down, making the situation fluid in the event Gores does decide to hire a new head decision-maker. Realistically, that person could request to hire his/her own people."
JennetteMcCurdy
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#65 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:05 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:Sounds like were gonna be bringing in a president of operations to oversee Troys work. I'd rather just can him at this point.

"Change might be coming, though. Team and league sources told The Athletic that Gores is considering hiring a president of basketball operations to have the final say on all basketball matters. The Pistons haven’t had someone in that exact role since 2018. As for Williams, it appears as of now that he will be back next season, assuming he demonstrates that he can deliver significantly more progress in the development of its team and players.

The ultimate goal for the Pistons, per team and league sources, is to have total synergy from the top down, making the situation fluid in the event Gores does decide to hire a new head decision-maker. Realistically, that person could request to hire his/her own people."

Mmmmm so Gores is considering hiring someone to be above Weaver? Probably another agent.

How about we just fire Weaver instead of adding more and more layers of fat?
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,352

Post#66 » by buzzkilloton » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:20 pm

JennetteMcCurdy wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:Sounds like were gonna be bringing in a president of operations to oversee Troys work. I'd rather just can him at this point.

[b]"Ch."

Mmmmm so Gores is considering hiring someone to be above Weaver? Probably another agent.

How about we just fire Weaver instead of adding more and more layers of fat?

Exactly if you cant trust his judgement why allow him to be the GM. This is the perfect time to hire someone else when we have the most cap space ITL.

Return to Detroit Pistons