ImageImageImage

Edwards-Gores is considering sweeping changes, including hiring a president of bball operations.

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Re: Edwards-Gores is considering sweeping changes, including hiring a president of bball operations. 

Post#61 » by joedumars1 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:38 pm

Snakebites wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:We’re setting the bar low if we’re staying late stage Dumars is something we’d like to go back to.

If one positive can be said about Weaver it’s that he never saddled us with harmful negative assets or toxic players that actively made us worse.

Dumars…yeah, he did that.

There’s lots of different ways a GM can cripple a franchise. That Dumars’ brand of suck differs from Weaver’s shouldn’t be an endorsement.

We’re them bad contracts dumars or a deman to be competitive from gores? So he couldn’t go tabk mode?

Irrelevant.

This type of logic can be used to absolve anyone from just about anything. There are always circumstances that give context to bad situations.

In this case though, if Dumars really did have that pressure, it’s because he himself had failed to keep the team competitive prior to that.

Idk exactly how it all went down l, nor do I care to
Much. Didn’t know id be witnessing the worst piston season ever. I do know gores is the one constant to the equation. Hasn’t shown he’s learned to keep away from team/roster personnel. Time will tell if he will ever and god willing he does.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Re: Edwards-Gores is considering sweeping changes, including hiring a president of bball operations. 

Post#62 » by joedumars1 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:40 pm

SuperBad wrote:Dumars went bad when Tom Hammond left as the assistant, he went to Milwaukee and drafted Giannis, and is now currently part of the Orlando Magic organization. He left before the Ben Gordon Rip contracts.

What if dumars wanted to draft Gianni’s but had the put up or shut up from
Gores so he signed smooth and they took Gianni’s off the table. I doubt that’s what dumars wanted cause he probbaly would’ve came out and said it, but maybe he’s too classy for that. Idk, intersting what ifs tho.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,508

Post#63 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:12 pm

Dwane Casey? Common James lol

Gores needs to fire Weaver first. Then hire a president so he doesnt have to deal with him in the way.

Gores wants a sexy hire. Watch him throw money at Connelley if he exercises opt out
Sheeeeed
Starter
And1: 226

Post#64 » by Sheeeeed » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:08 pm

joedumars1 wrote:
SuperBad wrote:Dumars went bad when Tom Hammond left as the assistant, he went to Milwaukee and drafted Giannis, and is now currently part of the Orlando Magic organization. He left before the Ben Gordon Rip contracts.

What if dumars wanted to draft Gianni’s but had the put up or shut up from
Gores so he signed smooth and they took Gianni’s off the table. I doubt that’s what dumars wanted cause he probbaly would’ve came out and said it, but maybe he’s too classy for that. Idk, intersting what ifs tho.

What if with little substance. Dumars had stated numerous times as far back as the Billups trade he was against rebuilding, and was going to re-tool the team. Josh Smith had been on his radar far back as the dismal 09 off-season before he chose to resign with the Hawks. You are right though about Dumars needing to put up or shut, because he had to be at that point even if Gores wasn't pushing him. Giannas wouldn't of been on Dumars radar because of possible Darko flashbacks.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#65 » by zeebneeb » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:25 pm

flow wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
flow wrote:
What part of post you quoted are you disagreeing with?

Jumping from a failed rebuild, to win now, as I don't think it's a failed rebuild, only those in charge who have been failing. Now of course this goes with my belief that Cade is that guy, and the overwhelming reason we haven't seen wins, is the horrendous players being out around him.(growth from Cade being the other)

I firmly believe that if you create the team I've outlined, which is absolutely possible, you will hit the ground running next year, and will see a team approach, or surpass 40 wins next year.

That is my main thesis here. Now other fans may/may not agree. Great. Insert who you think will be better, no problem.

What I won't abide from this clueless front office, is standing pat, and picking another damn rookie. That would be insane, UNLESS that pick is #1, and your scouts are screaming he is JJJ part 2.

Hold on, I'll grant you that Cade is good. He was the consensus #1 player in the draft, and has shown the potential to live up to it. But drafting Cade has in no way saved the rebuild from being a failure. It has been an absolute failure. In year 4 of the rebuild, the team won 14 games (while playing worse than a 14-win team), for the worst season in the history of the franchise. That is the very definition of a failed rebuild. And yes, when rebuilds fail, it is the fault of those in charge, because they're the ones doing the rebuilding!
This is all in how you look at it. I believe that Weaver lucked into Cade, and he is that guy. The problem arised when Weaver tried to build around him, failing spectacularly.

Cade is the rebuild to me. Weaver has failed since, to finish it. Someone else, will probably have to do it.

Now, with all of the assets garnered;

Duren
Ivey
Stewart
Ausar
Sasser
Grimes
Top 5 pick

All that has to be done, is to land the whale at the 4, because in free agency, a top 4 shot blocker is waiting to be signed. A very promising SG, is waiting to be signed.

Cade
Monk
Tek
Trade(Markkanen/Naz/Towns
Claxton

This is how I see it. Obviously everyone has their own opinion. The rebuild can be completed with a deft hand in my opinion, by placing the right players around Cade. Also in my opinion, the players needed for that, are available.

Unless no one thinks a combination of those players and the pick can land the Pistons one of those players, which I think is nuts. The Pistons have talent, it's just been horrifically situated in my opinion.

It's a puzzle put together by someone with poor cognitive skills.(Weaver)

I firmly believe if the Pistons open next season with that roster next year, they hit the ground running. If Gores sticks to his flaccid guns, and let's it play out, the Pistons will suck, yet again next year.
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 469

Post#66 » by Crymson » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:46 pm

thesack12 wrote:Detroit can't offer future picks, until the one owed to the Knicks has been satisfied. At the rate its been going, that won't happen until 2027.

The pick is protected through 2027, so the picks from 2029 onward are tradeable.

But no front office in its right mind would trade far-future 1sts to improve a team that's where the Pistons are now. That's a trade one makes for a solid roster to become a contender, not for a bad roster to become somewhat better.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,508

Post#67 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:39 pm

The new Pres will have a mandate to replicate what HOU did this past off-season. Sign some guys in the market place to help elevate the team to .500 status

Would be funny if DET somehow stole OG from the Knicks
Rip32
Rookie
And1: 181

Post#68 » by Rip32 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:11 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:Dwane Casey? Common James lol

Gores needs to fire Weaver first. Then hire a president so he doesnt have to deal with him in the way.

Gores wants a sexy hire. Watch him throw money at Connelley if he exercises opt out

Gores need to fire himself!!!

:nod: DETROIT VS EVERYBODY :nod:

I have no love for rogue moderators who abuse their authority
Pandev
Sophomore
And1: 109

Post#69 » by Pandev » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:52 pm

The biggest problem in the Pistons front office is Arn Tellem. He has a small % of ownership and over sees all personnel moves.

Gores needs to banish him and the rest of the agent front office people inside. They are sabotaging decisions in favour of player agencies.

WTF is Tellem talking about ..."Joe Harris is a great player ?!" :crazy: :noway:

https://youtu.be/7U3NXcsybfc?si=HpYaUCUfhOAsOV_v&t=152

Return to Detroit Pistons