GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,265

Re: Free Agency 

Post#121 » by GreekAlex » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:01 pm

Canadafan wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=fyyEB4z5upjttx6HRhMfDQ&s=19

All I've ever wanted for my team was a bunch of hustle guys. Over achievers. Why we suck so bad at team building lol

That’s a great post.

The Lions seem to prioritize guys that love football and have a solid football IQ. Maybe the Pistons should adopt that approach.
JennetteMcCurdy
Freshman
And1: 30

Post#122 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:53 pm

This draft is really going to show us who the best scouting departments are. There’s no consensus about anything. Someone’s going to figure out who that Giannis or Jokic is and look really smart. And a lot of teams will simply have another bad draft.
JennetteMcCurdy
Freshman

Post#123 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:58 pm

Canadafan wrote:
Neptune wrote:I'm having a gut feeling that we're going to trade for Trey Young this summer. It'll be for our 1st straight up or just Cade.

Remember this post

Nooooo don't say for Cade. Keep Cade. Trade our pick with Stewart :wink:
They'd likely want Stew Ivey and our pick and I'd probably still do it and we'd still have 40million in cap to fill out team.
I'm still on the Tyus bandwagon though. Rather have him start with Cade and trade ivey and our pick for a forward and sign Monk

I’m going to try your trade on the trade board. I’m having a really hard time figuring out what value any Pistons actually have, if any.

Ivey - young, improving?, bad shooting, meh defense
Stewart - on a good team he’s the highest paid backup center in the league.
First round draft pick - no one’s thinking there’s an All-Star in the bunch

For

Trae Young?
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,476

Post#124 » by Canadafan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:10 am

JennetteMcCurdy wrote:
Canadafan wrote:
Neptune wrote:I'm having a gut feeling that we're going to trade for Trey Young this summer. It'll be for our 1st straight up or just Cade.

Remember this post

They'd likely want Stew Ivey and our pick and I'd probably still do it and we'd still have 40million in cap to fill out team.
I'm still on the Tyus bandwagon though. Rather have him start with Cade and trade ivey and our pick for a forward and sign Monk

I’m going to try your trade on the trade board. I’m having a really hard time figuring out what value any Pistons actually have, if any.

For

Trae Young?

I wouldn't even want that for us. Trae makes way too much money. Just saying I would never trade Cade for him
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,476

Post#125 » by Canadafan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:00 pm

JennetteMcCurdy wrote:
Canadafan wrote:

Remember this post

For

Trae Young?

Now u got me making polls on the trade board :lol:
JennetteMcCurdy
Freshman

Post#126 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:38 pm

Canadafan wrote:
JennetteMcCurdy wrote:
Canadafan wrote:

For

Trae Young?

Now u got me making polls on the trade board :lol:

I like Brogdan for a second but Grant’s contract is too long. Hard pass on him.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,071

Post#127 » by bstein14 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:42 pm

JennetteMcCurdy wrote:This draft is really going to show us who the best scouting departments are. There’s no consensus about anything. Someone’s going to figure out who that Giannis or Jokic is and look really smart. And a lot of teams will simply have another bad draft.

Every draft eventually ends up having a few all-stars and a few good starters. This draft might not have the easy money franchise type picks at the top like Zion, Ja, etc but there will be good players.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,855

Post#128 » by Snakebites » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:51 am

bstein14 wrote:
JennetteMcCurdy wrote:This draft is really going to show us who the best scouting departments are. There’s no consensus about anything. Someone’s going to figure out who that Giannis or Jokic is and look really smart. And a lot of teams will simply have another bad draft.

Every draft eventually ends up having a few all-stars and a few good starters. This draft might not have the easy money franchise type picks at the top like Zion, Ja, etc but there will be good players.

And I'm sure we're the team to find them!
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,319

Post#129 » by Kalamazoo317 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:55 pm

JennetteMcCurdy wrote:
Canadafan wrote:

Remember this post

For

Trae Young?

Trae is a good offense, streaky shooter, and apocalyptically bad defender that gets a lot of assists but also somehow seems to make the team around him worse. He's a terrible fit with Cade and in general not a winning player, IMO. I think bringing him in would be a bad move for us.
ahike12
Freshman
And1: 51

Post#130 » by ahike12 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:27 pm

Kalamazoo317 wrote:
JennetteMcCurdy wrote:
Canadafan wrote:

For

Trae Young?

Trae is a good offense, streaky shooter, and apocalyptically bad defender that gets a lot of assists but also somehow seems to make the team around him worse. He's a terrible fit with Cade and in general not a winning player, IMO. I think bringing him in would be a bad move for us.

100% agree. Not a big Trae Young fan. I get it, he can get hot. But Atlanta was a flash in the pan for a year or two and they aren't getting better, and he isn't, either.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,706

Post#131 » by Cowology » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:48 pm

Trae may not be getting much better, but he's still a significant upgrade. I'd actually be OK giving Trae/Cade a shot.

This is a Jerry Stackhouse type move. We know Trae isn't part of a championship formula, but he can help bridge the gap to respectability. It's not like we're going to be competing for a championship in the next 3 years anyway and the perfect option just isn't there. Neither Mikal or Lauri are coming to Detroit and we need to consolidate some assets just for future cap consideration.
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,319

Post#132 » by Kalamazoo317 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:59 pm

Good way to make Cade make a Grant Hill type move.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,265

Post#133 » by GreekAlex » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:06 pm

Kalamazoo317 wrote:Good way to make Cade make a Grant Hill type move.

I agree. There’s a few big differences between Young and the Jerry Stackhouse parallels.

My gut feeling is the price for young would be significantly higher than stackhouse.

Young is exciting when he’s hitting long threes and is on a hot streak but I don’t enjoy his foul hunting and I think that impacts the flow of the offense.
JennetteMcCurdy
Freshman

Post#134 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:09 pm

I was more interested in whether people outside of the Piston board thought this trade was equal value for Atlanta….. and most don’t.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#135 » by Neptune » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:46 am

Young
Cade
Ausar
Harris
Duren

Or

Young
Ivey
Cade
Harris
Duren

Those two little tweaks makes us look totally different if we trade the 1st overall pick
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,832

Post#136 » by zeebneeb » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:53 am

Booker is going to be a Pistons next year, book it. That pick is going out in a deal for him.

Cade
Booker
???
Tek
Claxton

I can just feel it.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,071

Post#137 » by bstein14 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:51 am

JennetteMcCurdy wrote:
Canadafan wrote:

Remember this post

For

Trae Young?

I think Atlanta makes that trade without question if its the #1 pick... They can sell their fanbase on the future if they get a #1 pick. I also think there's no chance Atlanta does it if its for the #5 pick. Not sure where in between those two picks they say yes or no but obviously there is a lot of marketing you can do and excitement you can bring to a team with a #1 pick and also the fact that they are locked up for five years on a much cheaper deal than Trae is huge considering Atlanta's ownership group will not pay the tax and have already made cost cutting moves such as John Collins to Utah.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,354

Post#138 » by Mr Peanut » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:34 am

zeebneeb wrote:Booker is going to be a Pistons next year, book it. That pick is going out in a deal for him.

Cade
Booker
???
Tek
Claxton

I can just feel it.

I get that Booker is the hometown guy and would love if he came here, but if Phoenix puts him on the open market there are so many teams that could beat whatever offer we put up. OKC alone could back up the truck and dump all of their picks on Phoenix.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,832

Post#139 » by zeebneeb » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:25 am

Mr Peanut wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:Booker is going to be a Pistons next year, book it. That pick is going out in a deal for him.

Cade
Booker
???
Tek
Claxton

I can just feel it.

I get that Booker is the hometown guy and would love if he came here, but if Phoenix puts him on the open market there are so many teams that could beat whatever offer we put up. OKC alone could back up the truck and dump all of their picks on Phoenix.
Here are their picks.

https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/lists/updated-okc-thunder-draft-pick-assets-protections-through-2030/

Quantity, absolutely. None of that compares with hitting the ground running with a top 5 pick.

Just saying. Maybe Booker will be the first player to force his way to Detroit? :lol:
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,899

Post#140 » by MotownMadness » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:12 pm

Cade
Booker
???
Tek
Claxton

I can just feel it.

They probably want Cade back

Return to Detroit Pistons