ImageImageImage

Free Agency

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,896

Re: Free Agency 

Post#61 » by MotownMadness » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:34 pm

Neptune wrote:Trade our pick+Sasser for Trey Murphy and Alvarado. Stay young!

Sign Drummond and Harris to 2yr huge contracts.

Cade/Alvarado
Ivey/Grimes
Murphy/Ausar
Harris/Stewart
Duren/Drummond

Would they even want to move him though?
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#62 » by Neptune » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:36 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Neptune wrote:Trade our pick+Sasser for Trey Murphy and Alvarado. Stay young!

Sign Drummond and Harris to 2yr huge contracts.

Cade/Alvarado
Ivey/Grimes
Murphy/Ausar
Harris/Stewart
Duren/Drummond

Would they even want to move him though?

For a 1st overall or 5th overall pick? Hell yeah!
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,175

Post#63 » by NYPiston » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:08 pm

I actually don't hate the idea of Tobias Harris in theory, it's the contract that he's projected to receive that makes it a problem. If he was willing to sign like a 2 year $60- 70m deal then I'd be all for it but 4 years $140m or in that range is an absolute no go for me.
aad
Starter
And1: 466

Post#64 » by aad » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:21 pm

NYPiston wrote:I actually don't hate the idea of Tobias Harris in theory, it's the contract that he's projected to receive that makes it a problem. If he was willing to sign like a 2 year $60- 70m deal then I'd be all for it but 4 years $140m or in that range is an absolute no go for me.

Ain’t no way he’s getting that type of deal from no team
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,779

Post#65 » by theBigLip » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:16 pm

aad wrote:
NYPiston wrote:I actually don't hate the idea of Tobias Harris in theory, it's the contract that he's projected to receive that makes it a problem. If he was willing to sign like a 2 year $60- 70m deal then I'd be all for it but 4 years $140m or in that range is an absolute no go for me.

Ain’t no way he’s getting that type of deal from no team

I agree. If it’s 2x$25, that’s doable.

This brings up a question - do the Houston method and pay some older stars top $ for short term (2 yrs) or more traditional long term deals?
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,836

Post#66 » by Snakebites » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:01 pm

I might rage quit for a while if they use Tobias at the three and keep starting Stew/Duren up front.

Tobias is clearly a 4 at this stage in his career and Isaiah is clearly not a starter.
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Post#67 » by Notanoob » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:04 pm

Tobias would at least add some competent shooting, plus he's been here before. We could do worse, but what's the point? We'll almost certainly be bad no matter what next season. If they actually sign some good players they might burn some draft picks pushing for a play-in next year. Better that we suck one more season and get rid of the bums in the front office.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,265

Post#68 » by GreekAlex » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:08 pm

Snakebites wrote:I might rage quit for a while if they use Tobias at the three and keep starting Stew/Duren up front.

Tobias is clearly a 4 at this stage in his career and Isaiah is clearly not a starter.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The ultimate square peg in a round hole lineup.

At least it’s better than a Drummond, Monroe, J-Smooth front court lol
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#69 » by Snakebites » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:14 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
Snakebites wrote:I might rage quit for a while if they use Tobias at the three and keep starting Stew/Duren up front.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The ultimate square peg in a round hole lineup.

At least it’s better than a Drummond, Monroe, J-Smooth front court lol

Anything is better than that. But Stewart isn’t good enough offensively to be a starter at the 4 in today’s league. I really wish they’d stop trying to make that happen.

And if we sign Tobias and are still on that…

Sad thing is I don’t think that’s a crazy paranoid thought. I think it could happen.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,696

Post#70 » by Invictus88 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:14 pm

If we are thinking of paying 35 mill a year for Harris then I'd much rather try and pay 40 for Anunoby
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#71 » by MotownMadness » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:21 pm

Invictus88 wrote:If we are thinking of paying 35 mill a year for Harris then I'd much rather try and pay 40 for Anunoby

Gotta try for OG
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#72 » by Snakebites » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:33 pm

My prediction is still that OG will be resigned almost immediately. The Knicks likely don’t make that trade without assurances.

The FO should kick the tires. We certainly would benefit from him.

That said, as fans it’s probably best not to look at that as a reasonable possibility.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,094

Post#73 » by Laimbeer » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:38 pm

No one on the market at the prices we're speculating particularly interests me. Signing OG to a max is just no. I do like the startegy of just holding off and see who's left in a week or two. With cap so limited we could be in a nice spot. Wouldn't mind if there's a bargain.

We're too far away to sign meh vets to inflated contracts and think that's righting the ship. Trade Duren, Thompson, and Ivey for better fitting young players around Cade. Other teams' fans seem to like Stew. I'd shop him too.

Now you'll hate me for this - the 2025 draft is supposed to be really good. We need to be in the bottom four or so for a good spot. After all this, I'd hate to see a push now that puts those guys just out of our reach.
JennetteMcCurdy
Freshman
And1: 30

Post#74 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:18 am

Laimbeer wrote:No one on the market at the prices we're speculating particularly interests me. Signing OG to a max is just no. I do like the startegy of just holding off and see who's left in a week or two. With cap so limited we could be in a nice spot. Wouldn't mind if there's a bargain.

We're too far away to sign meh vets to inflated contracts and think that's righting the ship. Trade Duren, Thompson, and Ivey for better fitting young players around Cade. Other teams' fans seem to like Stew. I'd shop him too.

Now you'll hate me for this - the 2025 draft is supposed to be really good. We need to be in the bottom four or so for a good spot. After all this, I'd hate to see a push now that puts those guys just out of our reach.

Two year deals max for free agents - those contracts are tradeable.

I think the new HOBO should see what assets could be had for everyone, including Cade. The stench of the last four years may be too much for any of them to overcome. And if you find out what Cade is worth, it will be a lot easier in negotiations. Just because Cade is a number one overall pick doesn’t mean he’s entitled to the max.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,475

Post#75 » by Canadafan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:48 am

Read on Twitter
?t=c8zsOcyMhFZubhptRx-5cA&s=19

Please say no to Tobias lol
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#76 » by Canadafan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:01 am

MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#77 » by MotownMadness » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:00 am

Canadafan wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=c8zsOcyMhFZubhptRx-5cA&s=19

Please say no to Tobias lol

Oh he's coming here lol
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#78 » by Canadafan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:00 pm

How about we throw massive money at Tyus and promise a starting PG spot next to Cade in the backcourt.
Then sign Monk to a big contract to gobble up the rest of our minutes.
We end up with a very nice 3guard rotation.
Sasser and Grimes fight it out for any leftover minutes.
Then we trade Ivey to Kings for Harrison Barnes or to Washington for Kuzma lol.
Make our draft pick.
And we're 2deep across the board.

Duren Stew
Kuzma or Barnes and our draft pick
Ausar Fontecchio
Cade Monk Grimes
Tyus Cade Sasser

Orrrr

Keep Ivey
Just sign Tyus
Run 3guard lineup of Cade Ivey Tyus
Sign the mystery forward to massive contract. Who's the mystery forward though....oh, Tobias Harris u say :lol:
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,819

Post#79 » by zeebneeb » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:29 pm

Canadafan wrote:https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5_QkdArOhw/?igsh=MW1ycmNremdibmJteQ==

Don't trade Ausar!
I love Ausars game, but if he becomes a viable three-point shooter(32%)it would be such a huge jump from his rookie season, it may be the biggest leap ever.

.18 to .32? I mean anything is possible, but damn. He would also command a full max contract, as he would be the ultimate 3-D player.

I just don't see him ever becoming passable as a shooter, but I would love to be wrong.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#80 » by Snakebites » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:20 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
Canadafan wrote:https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5_QkdArOhw/?igsh=MW1ycmNremdibmJteQ==

Don't trade Ausar!
I love Ausars game, but if he becomes a viable three-point shooter(32%)it would be such a huge jump from his rookie season, it may be the biggest leap ever.

.18 to .32? I mean anything is possible, but damn. He would also command a full max contract, as he would be the ultimate 3-D player.

I just don't see him ever becoming passable as a shooter, but I would love to be wrong.

Yeah, I really hope I’m wrong about the chances of him becoming a halfway decent shooter.

18 percent is such a scary low starting point. Doubling that still puts him around league average. Which for him would be awesome. But I’m not sure that’s attainable given where he’s coming from.

Even at 32 percent he can be left alone on the perimeter a lot of nights.

Return to Detroit Pistons