Combine Thread

Moderator: studcrackers

wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Re: Combine Thread 

Post#41 » by wetsthebed » Wed Mar 2, 2011 10:00 pm

Anyone who takes Jones over Green should be fired.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,443

Post#42 » by RiotPunch » Wed Mar 2, 2011 10:19 pm

wetsthebed wrote:Anyone who takes Jones over Green should be fired.

QFT. Seriously...
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Dalbi
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Dalbi » Sat Mar 5, 2011 3:30 am

Icness wrote:Quick thoughts:
--After watching Christian Ponder throw completely flat-footed there's no way I would draft him. His arm won't last 3 years. Chad Pennington threw flat-footed like that, so did Kyle Boller. It's a perfect recipe for chronic arm issues.

Icness, I have been paying attention to the draft process and getting news from a wide variety of sources like ESPN, draft countdown, nfl.com, and others. How come no one else is noticing this issue in Ponder as much. I hear they say the injury concerns but I don't hear people saying it is the way he throws and that he won't last.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,323

Post#44 » by DirtyDez » Sat Mar 5, 2011 8:20 am

RiotPunch wrote:
wetsthebed wrote:Anyone who takes Jones over Green should be fired.

QFT. Seriously...
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#45 » by Icness » Sat Mar 5, 2011 4:04 pm

Dalbi wrote:
Icness wrote:Quick thoughts:
--After watching Christian Ponder throw completely flat-footed there's no way I would draft him. His arm won't last 3 years. Chad Pennington threw flat-footed like that, so did Kyle Boller. It's a perfect recipe for chronic arm issues.

Icness, I have been paying attention to the draft process and getting news from a wide variety of sources like ESPN, draft countdown, nfl.com, and others. How come no one else is noticing this issue in Ponder as much. I hear they say the injury concerns but I don't hear people saying it is the way he throws and that he won't last.

To be fair I probably make a bigger deal out of it than maybe I should. And it is correctable. But I'm not the only one--Jim Miller, Pat Kirwan at NFL.com, Russ Lande at Sporting News, they've all brought it up. Bucky Brooks talked about it at Senior Bowl time. I think some of the lack of attention is because he's a great guy that everyone wants to succeed (I do too!). It just scares me because it's the same kind of stuff that has ruined many a very promising baseball pitcher, and if I'm a team needing a QB I'm going to want more likelihood that I'm not going to have the same need in 2-3 years because of injury. Same reason why I was colder on Sam Bradford last year than most people...and he proved me wrong so far. The Matt Stafford experience with my Lions probably makes me more sensitive to it. I think Stafford can still be a great NFL QB but it's to the point now where I'll be happy if he plays 12 games next year, and I need more than that from a 1st or 2nd round pick after 3 years.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game

Return to NFL Draft