Post#21 » by studcrackers » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:46 pm

you left out justin blackmon on your draft prospect list
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Killa K
Sophomore
And1: 1

Re: Mock Draft 3.0 

Post#22 » by Killa K » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:28 pm

After the recent punishment on Terrelle Pryor do you think that he will enter the '11 draft? Where would he be projected to go?
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#23 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:45 am

^I'm interested in that, too, especially since Herron and Posey were also involved. How might this shake up the draft?

Also, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the following players from an NFL perspective:

-Kellen Moore
-Casey Matthews
-LaMichael James
-Jaiquawn Jarrett
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#24 » by Icness » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:58 pm

studcrackers wrote:you left out justin blackmon on your draft prospect list

That was intentional. I've heard from a reliable source that he "coldly rebuffed" an agent who was talking to him about going pro. I don't know whether that means he wants to go back to school or if he already has another agent, but this agent is very difficult to say no to. He'd be the #2 or #3 receiver after Green, right with Jernigan.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#25 » by Icness » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:12 pm

Killa K wrote:After the recent punishment on Terrelle Pryor do you think that he will enter the '11 draft? Where would he be projected to go?

I almost think he has to come out. I know that the biggest reason he was going back was because he thought he could win the Heisman, but now there's no chance of that.

His draft status is a toughie. He has a great arm, great size, great athleticism, and when he is dialed in he's darn accurate. But his delivery is slow and he starts with the ball low, and he needs a lot of room to set up shop with his long throwing base. He's struggled with pressure a lot too, and his ability to read defenses needs improvement. I thought he developed quite a bit in 2010, but he had to--I never saw him as an NFL QB before last Sept. I would put him in the Tarvaris Jackson level in terms of where he's at now and what he could become, except Pryor has a higher upside. He could become like Big Ben in time, but he needs a lot of work and I don't see a lot of patience. Cam Newton is a much better prospect. I would guesstimate Pryor would go in the 60-75 overall range to a team with an aging starter, a la New England or Jacksonville.

The other Buckeyes might as well come out. Posey is kind of a generic #3 NFL wideout, although he's a fantastic blocker. He's one of those guys that will catch 25 balls a year for a decade with one great year where he puts up like 70 catches and 9 TDs. Mike Adams never really developed into the dominant lineman he was supposed to be, but he got a lot better in 2010 and he's a freaking mauler with good size and he's smart. He could go 3rd-4th round. I've never seen NFL potential in Boom Herron; he's a power back that doesn't make quick enough decisions and doesn't always read his blocks well.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#26 » by Icness » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:28 pm

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:^I'm interested in that, too, especially since Herron and Posey were also involved. How might this shake up the draft?

Also, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the following players from an NFL perspective:

-Kellen Moore
-Casey Matthews
-LaMichael James
-Jaiquawn Jarrett

Moore--backup QB that ideally never plays for you, a la Curtis Painter. Great college QB, deficient in too many areas to make it in the NFL.

Matthews--appears to have the late-blooming gene of his brother. Great football player but he's never been great at sifting thru trash, and he's not a downhill LB--makes his plays at least 4 yards beyond the line. Some of that it scheme, but he's just not an explosive athlete. Yet. IMO he goes in the 3rd round but if his name wasn't Matthews he would be a 6th-7th if he was lucky.

James--he's hindered by the offensive scheme in that NFL defenses won't take those wide of splits. I see a 3rd down back and kick returner. He's not as tough or laterally fast as Felix Jones. Reminds me of the Lions' Aaron Brown but James is smaller.

Jarrett--I think he's going to steadily rise as the workout season progresses and coaches start watching his game tapes. Good read/react safety that has some cover skills, doesn't miss tackles. He's not a real thumper and he's not as fast as some people will want; I doubt he cracks 4.55 in the 40. I think he'll go in the 90-110 overall range but is one of those that could really blossom at the next level.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Post#27 » by jakecronus8 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:27 pm

Ic, I have a few questions on some wiscy guys.

First, is JJ watt a better fit for 4-3 or 3-4 ?

Is carimi a LT at the next level?

Does john clay come out, and does Scott tolzien get drafted?

What kind of tight end does Lance Kendricks compare to?

How do you rate John Moffitt as a prospect?

Thanks.
Do it for Chuck
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,889

Post#28 » by Roger Murdock » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:24 pm

DirtyDez wrote:
Roger Murdock wrote:6. Arizona - Dareus - I think they trade for a QB because they can compete in their division ASAP with a good QB and Dareus would really help their defense out.

The thing is we run a 3-4 and i think he'd have a hard time fitting in at End. Calais Cambell plays right end and leads the team in sacks. Darnell Dockett plays left end (just signed 6 yr/60 mil extension and our 1st round pick last year was NT Dan Williams so i don't know where Dareus would fit. Cambell is a FA after next season so i'd be okay replacing him w/ Dareus if he's truly BPA at our pick and loses 15 pounds. I think he's perfect as a 4-3 DT and will probably go to a team that runs that defense..

He plays 3-4 end in College quite well. Some 3-4s need different types of ends though, I'm not sure how your team runs your 3-4.

As for the Buckeyes I think they will mostly go pro, but I don't think its smart for many of them.

Pryor just isn't a quarterback. Hes a hell of an athlete and has been used at WR a few times for the bucks. I think its best for him to switch. Hes never impressed me as a passer. Maybe an extra year in college to work on his passing would make him a potential QB, but if I'm drafting a qb I wouldnt want to waste time developing him because at this point he hasn't proven that he has this sky high potential people seem to think he has.

Posey I like. Great blocker like Icness says and I think hes underrated as an athlete. He needs better ball skills though. I think he will be a steal around the 3rd round.

Boom Herron is a mediocre college player who likely wont get drafted or ever play in the NFL. Ive never been impressed with him.

Mike Adams is nothing special but could be a decent pro.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#29 » by Icness » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:27 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Ic, I have a few questions on some wiscy guys.

First, is JJ watt a better fit for 4-3 or 3-4 ?

Is carimi a LT at the next level?

Does john clay come out, and does Scott tolzien get drafted?

What kind of tight end does Lance Kendricks compare to?

How do you rate John Moffitt as a prospect?

Thanks.

I like JJ Watt as a 4-3 RDE. He's quicker and stronger than Matt Shaughnessy, who has done pretty well for himself in Oakland. Some will see him as a 3-4 rush OLB but IMO that takes away from his ability to crash inside, which he does pretty well.

IMO Gabe Carimi is perhaps the most overrated prospect this side of Jake Locker. I don't think he can play right tackle, let alone left tackle. Too upright and methodical. He's a great run blocker so I suspect he'll get tried at right tackle, but I think he's a better right guard though he might be too tall. Reminds me of Phil Loadholt but Loadholt had a better kick step coming out.

Clay shouldn't come out, although his stock might be higher now that it would be if he went back and was the third stringer next year (which he'd be). RBs that can't break 4.6 in the 40 have zero NFL marketability, no matter their power or college success.

I don't see Tolzein getting drafted. He'll get into a camp and have a quick shot at proving he belongs.

Kendricks has some Chris Cooley to him but Cooley is faster. I think he's a HBack/TE hybrid and there is a growing market for that role. He's a good enough blocker to line up in the backfield, and he can motion out or play in-line. I like him at the top of the 3rd round, he's my #1 TE in this God-awful class. There aren't 5 draft-worthy TEs in this entire class.

I like Moffitt more than most. I like that he can play center or guard and he's a mauler. Country strong with great arm extension and adequate feet. I like that he sees the blocks like a runner when he's out in space.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#30 » by studcrackers » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:20 am

Icness wrote:
studcrackers wrote:you left out justin blackmon on your draft prospect list

That was intentional. I've heard from a reliable source that he "coldly rebuffed" an agent who was talking to him about going pro. I don't know whether that means he wants to go back to school or if he already has another agent, but this agent is very difficult to say no to. He'd be the #2 or #3 receiver after Green, right with Jernigan.

that's interesting, id love if he came back, we'd return almost everyone on offense (sans hunter) and our defense is young. at the very least a top 10 goin into next year
94feet
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#31 » by 94feet » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:36 am

For accuracy sake and also living in New Mexico, Davon House attends New Mexico State not New Mexico.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#32 » by Icness » Sun Jan 2, 2011 2:34 pm

94feet wrote:For accuracy sake and also living in New Mexico, Davon House attends New Mexico State not New Mexico.

I'm always mixing them up, sorry. I had the same problem with Texas Tech and TCU for years.
GYBE
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 358

Post#33 » by GYBE » Sun Jan 2, 2011 5:13 pm

Michael Floyd pretty much beat Miami himself in the first quarter. First he took a slant 30+ yards on 3rd and 15. Then he drew a 40 yard PI call to set up his own short TD catch on the next play. On the second drive he caught a 40 yard bomb with a great adjustment for another touchdown. It was 14-0 right away and Miami predictably unraveled.

Miami had a pretty impressive defense this year too.
WAYSA
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#34 » by WAYSA » Sun Jan 2, 2011 10:30 pm

Temple DT Muhammad Wilkerson declares.

2nd rounder?
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#35 » by studcrackers » Sun Jan 2, 2011 10:41 pm

hey jeff, tank carder had a monster game for tcu yesterday, he have any pro prospects?
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#36 » by Icness » Mon Jan 3, 2011 3:35 pm

WAYSA wrote:Temple DT Muhammad Wilkerson declares.

2nd rounder?

Surprised he declared. I only saw about 7 quarters of Temple football, need to see more of him. My initial impression is that he's very similar to Calais Campbell but not as tall, sort of a lightweight gap shooter with good instincts. His numbers are good, but the MAC offensive lines were dreadful this year.

Snap guess is 60-80 overall, could go up if he shows good strength numbers in workouts.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#37 » by Icness » Mon Jan 3, 2011 3:39 pm

studcrackers wrote:hey jeff, tank carder had a monster game for tcu yesterday, he have any pro prospects?

I think so, though he's awful skinny. If he can pack on ~10 pounds of visible muscle he's going to make a very good NFL linebacker. Instincts are top notch, great speed and closing burst, but he has problems getting off blockers and he's really not very strong. Another year of physical maturity will help him a lot IMO.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#38 » by St.Nick » Mon Jan 3, 2011 8:58 pm

Now that the draft order is set I'm looking forward to your 1st rd mock, Icness. When will you enlighten us with its presence?
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#39 » by Icness » Mon Jan 3, 2011 10:07 pm

St.Nick wrote:Now that the draft order is set I'm looking forward to your 1st rd mock, Icness. When will you enlighten us with its presence?

I am starting on it tonight. I actually just finished working up the draft order template. Probably be done tinkering by Thursday or Friday. I kinda want to wait to see if Luck declares after tonight because if he stays in school it becomes a very different draft.
Killa K
Sophomore

Post#40 » by Killa K » Mon Jan 3, 2011 10:28 pm

Im interested in if Andrew Luck declares too. If they win I think he does declare, but even if they lose he still should declare. Harbaugh might be gone, and that might be the deciding factor. I guess he might be going the Sam Bradford route being the consensus #1 pick and going back to school only to still be the number 1 selection.

Return to NFL Draft