My latest mock

Moderator: studcrackers

gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,903

Re: My latest mock 

Post#21 » by gswhoops » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:36 pm

^^ I think he'll be a first rounder as well if he declares this year. Early second at worst. He's a big, athletic nose tackle and most teams running a 3-4 would love to have a guy like him plugging the middle.

Dallas, Indy, SF, Houston, San Diego (early 2nd) would all love to pick him up IMO.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#22 » by Icness » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Notre Dame is a fortressed wall with a giant moat for scouts right now. Brian Kelly has them completely insulated and isolated as they prep for the Bama game.

I haven't evaluated Nix other than watching a handful of their games this year and doing some work on Te'o, Motta & Bennett Jackson, but his quickness off the snap strikes me as ready for NFL. Early impression is that he reminds me some of Nick Fairley without being a cocky, unlikable, immature jackass like Fairley was (and is).
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#23 » by Icness » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Eddie Lacy and Giovani Bernard have both entered the draft. Bernard will almost certainly be the 1st RB taken, somewhere in the 30-50 range. Lacy is a 50-75 overall pick.

DJ Fluker will declare later today. 2nd round pick a la Phil Loadholt, who is an excellent comparable situation. Packers fans--your regional scout has spent an inordinate amount of time on Fluker.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,381

Post#24 » by RiotPunch » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:21 am

Icness wrote:Eddie Lacy and Giovani Bernard have both entered the draft. Bernard will almost certainly be the 1st RB taken, somewhere in the 30-50 range. Lacy is a 50-75 overall pick.

DJ Fluker will declare later today. 2nd round pick a la Phil Loadholt, who is an excellent comparable situation. Packers fans--your regional scout has spent an inordinate amount of time on Fluker.

That's interesting and a bit puzzling. Do you think it's likely that we see him as a guard prospect? Fluker doesn't fit our ZBS, but I'd be thrilled if we added some nastiness and power to the group.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#25 » by Icness » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:34 am

RiotPunch wrote:
Icness wrote:Eddie Lacy and Giovani Bernard have both entered the draft. Bernard will almost certainly be the 1st RB taken, somewhere in the 30-50 range. Lacy is a 50-75 overall pick.

That's interesting and a bit puzzling. Do you think it's likely that we see him as a guard prospect? Fluker doesn't fit our ZBS, but I'd be thrilled if we added some nastiness and power to the group.

Zone blocking is going away with the prohibition of cut blocking and an increased emphasis on stopping chop blocking, which are both staples of ZBS. Even the Texans are planning on moving away from it; the writing is on the wall. Fluker is exclusively a RT. My assumption would be Bulaga would move to either the left side (God help you) or slide inside to guard, where IMO he has always belonged. Fluker would help the GB run game more than any RB who could be drafted or acquired. Won't help much in pass protect though; no SEC tackle has allowed more sacks over the last two years than Fluker and it's not really close (he's at 13.5, next worst is 10)
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,825

Post#26 » by Rafael122 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:17 am

Jeff -

I think I've asked this before, but not sure, but how come power schools like LSU and Alabama can never seem to develop pro QBs? As many players come out from those schools, they never seem to get a QB?
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#27 » by Icness » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:40 pm

Rafael122 wrote:Jeff -

I think I've asked this before, but not sure, but how come power schools like LSU and Alabama can never seem to develop pro QBs? As many players come out from those schools, they never seem to get a QB?

Nick Saban values QBs that don't lose games rather than QBs that win games and recruits as such. Bama QBs tend to make very good 3rd QBs in the NFL, McElroy, JP Wilson, & I think McCarron will be like that, maybe a little better than his predecessors.

LSU it's just more that they don't pan out. I'm not a recruiting guy at all but it seems like LSU always brings in the most athletic HS QBs, not necessarily the best passers or smartest guys. Ohio State has the same problem, the last viable Buckeye QB in the NFL was Mike Tomczak.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Re: My latest mock updated 12.19 

Post#28 » by Icness » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:29 pm

The latest update:
http://football.realgm.com/src_article/ ... ersion_30/

No huge moves up or down, just a lot of shuffling. Where the 2nd QB (Wilson or Smith) goes and where Te'o goes are the biggest variables in the top 15.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#29 » by El Turco » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:57 am

where do you see dri archer getting drafted? return game is losing its significance in nfl but his speed still should hold some value to the teams.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
leaguegod692
Senior
And1: 26

Post#30 » by leaguegod692 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:45 am

There is no pick 29
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#31 » by SpeedyG » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Icness wrote:The latest update:

No huge moves up or down, just a lot of shuffling. Where the 2nd QB (Wilson or Smith) goes and where Te'o goes are the biggest variables in the top 15.

Jags going with a high-risk/high-reward pick in Jones? Is this an indication that you think Gene Smith (who is typically a base-hit/low risk taker in 1st round) is gone after this season?
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#32 » by Icness » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:38 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
Icness wrote:The latest update:

Jags going with a high-risk/high-reward pick in Jones? Is this an indication that you think Gene Smith (who is typically a base-hit/low risk taker in 1st round) is gone after this season?

I do think Gene Smith gets fired, and I also think that the Khans are angling to make a big splash even if it flops.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#33 » by Icness » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:40 pm

leaguegod692 wrote:There is no pick 29

It was there, it just got bunched with #28. Fixed now. Sorry about that, proofing error on my part and the editor didn't catch it.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#34 » by Icness » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:42 pm

ElTurco wrote:where do you see dri archer getting drafted? return game is losing its significance in nfl but his speed still should hold some value to the teams.

Depends on how fast he runs. The Kent people say he's consistently run in the 4.33-4.36 range. If that's proven accurate, he's a 4th-5th round pick. If he doesn't break 4.4 he's a priority free agent with a decent chance of sticking on a 53 somewhere.
leaguegod692
Senior
And1: 26

Post#35 » by leaguegod692 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:47 pm

i remember asking you about jesse williams last year jeff, back then you didn't know he was an aussie (the first and only thing i knew before you did, so you'll forgive me if i take that to my grave lol)

back then, i think you had him as 4th/5th rounder, as it just been increase in his role at alabama that has seen his stock rise ?

as an aussie, its pretty cool that i'll someone to cheer for that isn't just a punter who played gayFL here, dream scenario is niners picking up williams, don't think its impossible either
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#36 » by studcrackers » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:27 pm

Like the 1st 2 picks for the cowboys (though I disagree that Tyron Smith is better suited for right tackle) but I imagine people would flip sh*t if we took Murray.

I do like Murray the player, but I know by next fall everyone would again be bitching about the lack of depth on this team because of picks like Murray.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#37 » by Icness » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:43 pm

leaguegod692 wrote:i remember asking you about jesse williams last year jeff, back then you didn't know he was an aussie (the first and only thing i knew before you did, so you'll forgive me if i take that to my grave lol)

back then, i think you had him as 4th/5th rounder, as it just been increase in his role at alabama that has seen his stock rise ?

as an aussie, its pretty cool that i'll someone to cheer for that isn't just a punter who played gayFL here, dream scenario is niners picking up williams, don't think its impossible either

He played his way up, relentless worker, incredible toughness, great hands in the fray. Being at Bama helps but he would have risen if he played at South Alabama.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,865

Post#38 » by Roger Murdock » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:45 am

I would cry tears of happiness if we got Anthony Barr in the third round, but hes staying in school.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#39 » by Icness » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Roger Murdock wrote:I would cry tears of happiness if we got Anthony Barr in the third round, but hes staying in school.

Of course he announced he was staying less than 12 hours after I posted this :oops:

I'm doing a new one over the weekend for DetroitLionsDraft.com, I'll post a link here when I get it done, probably Monday night.
reeDfense
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#40 » by reeDfense » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:42 pm

I personally dont see Smith going #1..i think Reid pushes for Joeckel...dont like the Ravens pick but we will see what happens.

Return to NFL Draft