Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#21 » by Basketball Jesus » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:20 pm

The team I'm working with this draft has the QBs ranked like this:
1. Brohm
2. Ryan, and it's not close

What general justifications are they giving for this assessment? I
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
NH_soxfan14
Junior
And1: 1

Post#22 » by NH_soxfan14 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:04 pm

Hey Iceness, do you think Jamie Silva has a chance of having a career like Adam Archuleta?

RSN
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#23 » by Icness » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:13 am

Basketball Jesus wrote:
The team I'm working with this draft has the QBs ranked like this:
1. Brohm
2. Ryan, and it's not close

What general justifications are they giving for this assessment? I
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by Basketball Jesus » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:03 am

Thanks Icness!
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#25 » by studcrackers » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:02 am

NH_soxfan14 wrote:Hey Iceness, do you think Jamie Silva has a chance of having a career like Adam Archuleta?

why do you say that like its a compliment?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
NH_soxfan14
Junior
And1: 1

Post#26 » by NH_soxfan14 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:08 pm

studcrackers wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

why do you say that like its a compliment?

lol, i meant like making it in the NFL as an undersized linebacker playing safety.

RSN
swede
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#27 » by swede » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:02 pm

I have been saying it for two damned years and I'll continue. Cowboys please take Limas Sweed. I don't give a damn how it's spelt.. we need him!
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
philbe311
Starter
And1: 0

Post#28 » by philbe311 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:47 pm

swede wrote:I don't give a damn how it's spelt..

Sorry Swede, I hate correcting grammer but this made me laugh...

I didn't watch as much college ball as I would have liked to this year... What "top 100" players have the best return skills?
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:48 pm

philbe311 wrote:
Sorry Swede, I hate correcting grammer but this made me laugh...

???

Also
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#30 » by treiz » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:43 pm

Basketball Jesus wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

???

Also
CJ_18
Assistant Coach
And1: 35

Post#31 » by CJ_18 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:09 pm

Hey Icness, just 2 quick questions:

1. Is it true that Virginia DE Chris Long is at the top of some mock drafts (over Dorsey)? Apparently he is the guy that would fit better into the Dolphins System?

2. Whats your opinion on Miami S Kenny Phillips? Ive read a couple scouting reports on him and the general consensus is that basically, he's an athletic beast who is also a great leader and very smart. Ive read he has great size, strength, speed, and quickness and is also very aggressive. On top of being a good cover safety, supposedly he is also a very big hitter. His coaches at UM have said he has "the body of Sean Taylor and the knowledge and speed of Ed Reed." I think that's a bit over-hype but what do you think about another one of these talented Miami Defensive players?
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#32 » by studcrackers » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:19 am

he commented on him in another thread he said phillips is ok but is overvalued b/c its possibly the worst safety draft ever and that could cause him to go higher than he should
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#33 » by Icness » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:14 pm

CJ_18 wrote:Hey Icness, just 2 quick questions:

1. Is it true that Virginia DE Chris Long is at the top of some mock drafts (over Dorsey)? Apparently he is the guy that would fit better into the Dolphins System?

2. Whats your opinion on Miami S Kenny Phillips? Ive read a couple scouting reports on him and the general consensus is that basically, he's an athletic beast who is also a great leader and very smart. Ive read he has great size, strength, speed, and quickness and is also very aggressive. On top of being a good cover safety, supposedly he is also a very big hitter. His coaches at UM have said he has "the body of Sean Taylor and the knowledge and speed of Ed Reed." I think that's a bit over-hype but what do you think about another one of these talented Miami Defensive players?

1. You will indeed see Chris Long as the #1 pick in some mock drafts. Everything I've heard from MIA is that Parcells still hasn't made up his mind, and that signability will be a bigger factor than usual in the pick. It's not out of the question, though I don't think he's going #1.

2. What Stud said. To compare him to Reed and Taylor is an insult to those two, but the potential is there. He reminds me a lot more of Sean Jones of the Browns than the late Sean Taylor.

Return to NFL Draft