Icness 5.0 Mock

Moderator: studcrackers

Bucksfans1and2
Banned User
And1: 189

Re: Icness 5.0 Mock 

Post#41 » by Bucksfans1and2 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:57 pm

If the Packers trade up to draft JJ Watt I will be furious

f the Packers trade up to draft JJ Watt and Pouncey and Carimi are on the board at 31/32 I will be punching holes in my dry wall.
tru6playa
Pro Prospect
And1: 103

Post#42 » by tru6playa » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:44 pm

As a 49ers fan, I will absolutely puke all over my brand new big screen TV if the draft plays out as this Mock 5.0; For two reasons, McNabb is not coming back to Washington and is probably going to get cut and if you trade for him you take on his ugly contract, which he is not worth at this point in his career.

The second, and most glaring issue with this mock that I see is the 49ers skipping on a CB (Prince). I'm, fine with trading back, as long as we still net a CB. I think our needs are this 1a) CB 1b)OLB/DE 2)QB.

Pick up Colin Kaepernick out of Nevada with a 4th or 5th - cannon arm w/ nice speed. Let him develop for 3 years behind Alex Smith (last resort, but better than trading for McNabb).
bennith13 wrote:We are going to win. Sac can not compete with our offer our or owners or our arena plan. They just don't have their act together like we do at this point in time.

Supersonics41 wrote:This thing is over for Sacramento! Well they might get the return of the Monarch's.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,892

Post#43 » by Roger Murdock » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:25 am

Smooth32 wrote:
Roger Murdock wrote:If the Browns took Dareus over Green I would puke.

Why?

You win the games in the trenches.

I understand that we currently have Rogers and Rubin but Rogers is 30, albeit players of his talent and athletic ability can be effective until their late 30s, and Rubin who's a good but great starting 43 DT. Getting Dareus would make us that much harder to run on and the #1 thing you need to do in this league is stop the run.

Not many guys as big and as athletic as Dareus come along and when they're available, you have to take them.

All season long I haven't been that impressed with Dareus. I'm starting to change my mind because I appear to be the only person in the world that doesn't have him as a top 10 prospect, but every time I've watched Alabama I didn't see a top 5 pick out of him.

Hes a huge need and I think our D-line is our number one concern, but I dont think hes the best option.

My big board for the Browns would be:

1. Fairley
2. Bowers
3. Green
4. Peterson

Well, just give me one of those 4 because I think anyone else is a reach at 6.

I see a bunch of huge holes in everyone else:

Quinn - One good year that is overrated
Dareus - Loads of potential but I didn't see enough domination as I wanted
Amukamara - Is he fast enough? Is he really better than Jimmy Smith?
Julio - Bad hands, browns fans will hate him for it, we would rather have a worse receiver with better hands

etc
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,216
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#44 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:39 pm

I would bet Quinn doesn't test as well athletically as people are expecting.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#45 » by Icness » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:30 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:I would bet Quinn doesn't test as well athletically as people are expecting.

He is one of the three most variable prospects right now. He could go #5, he could go #50. The other upper-tier guys with huge ranges like that are Ryan Mallett and Tyron Smith. The Senior Bowl crowd was not high on Mallett at all, I was a little surprised.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,323

Post#46 » by DirtyDez » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:13 am

Ice - How did Von Miller look the rest of the week? I heard he was great in pass rush drills but struggled in coverage bigtime...
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,776

Post#47 » by Cammo101 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:15 am

DirtyDez wrote:Ice - How did Von Miller look the rest of the week? I heard he was great in pass rush drills but struggled in coverage bigtime...

Miller will not be asked to fall into coverage much in the NFL. He is pretty much a lock for the top 10 at this point baring something unforeseen.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout

Post#48 » by DirtyDez » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:51 am

Cammo101 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:Ice - How did Von Miller look the rest of the week? I heard he was great in pass rush drills but struggled in coverage bigtime...

Miller will not be asked to fall into coverage much in the NFL. He is pretty much a lock for the top 10 at this point baring something unforeseen.

He will be if he goes to AZ. OLB's in our 34 scheme need to cover. I heard conflicting reports of his coverage tgis week. McShay said he was great and various reports said he struggled. Icness had him going at #5 i thought he was crazy but it might actually happen now. He's a lot stronger than what i thought and love those 34'' arms. Still undersized but that can be worked on.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#49 » by Icness » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:57 pm

He had exactly one play where he got lost in coverage. One. Out of about 25 reps that I watched up close. He was so far and away the best of the South LBs in coverage it's not even fair to compare them. Only Lawrence Wilson was better in coverage from the North.

Just speculating but I will be extremely surprised if Miller doesn't go #3 or #5 when all is said and done. The game tapes at TAMU back up what he showed. When he was hurt early this year they didn't use him as a rusher but rather dropped him in coverage and even had him play head-up on tight ends to stuff the run--and he was very good at it. FWIW he weighs 6 pounds more than Clay Matthews when he was at the Senior Bowl.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#50 » by Icness » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:58 pm

New mock coming over the weekend. 3 rounds, no trades.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#51 » by B Mac » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:45 pm

Icness wrote:New mock coming over the weekend. 3 rounds, no trades.

It better be good for the Browns..... or else! :D
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout

Post#52 » by DirtyDez » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Icness wrote:

He had exactly one play where he got lost in coverage. One. Out of about 25 reps that I watched up close. He was so far and away the best of the South LBs in coverage it's not even fair to compare them. Only Lawrence Wilson was better in coverage from the North.

Just speculating but I will be extremely surprised if Miller doesn't go #3 or #5 when all is said and done. The game tapes at TAMU back up what he showed. When he was hurt early this year they didn't use him as a rusher but rather dropped him in coverage and even had him play head-up on tight ends to stuff the run--and he was very good at it. FWIW he weighs 6 pounds more than Clay Matthews when he was at the Senior Bowl.

Great info thx. Whiz reportadly loves the kid and every 1st round pick (minus Beanie) dominated the Senior Bowl since WHiz got here. Looks like things are falling into place good call.

Return to NFL Draft