2012 Ask Jeff Risdon a Question

Moderator: studcrackers

studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Re: 2012 Ask Jeff Risdon a Question 

Post#541 » by studcrackers » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:45 pm

Jeff, I realize the cowboys haven't had a good safety since Darren Woodson (shame he likely won't be a hall of famer) but what are the odds you see mark Barron being a pro bowl safety? I don't like the idea of spending a 1st rounder on a guy who will just be a league average safety.

Also, this is really just my big wish list, but anyway Ingram falls to 14 and would the cowboys take him?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#542 » by Icness » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:15 pm

studcrackers wrote:Jeff, I realize the cowboys haven't had a good safety since Darren Woodson (shame he likely won't be a hall of famer) but what are the odds you see mark Barron being a pro bowl safety? I don't like the idea of spending a 1st rounder on a guy who will just be a league average safety.

Also, this is really just my big wish list, but anyway Ingram falls to 14 and would the cowboys take him?

I think Barron is a good-not-great safety and I worry about his groin issues. If he's still on the board he is the pick.

Ingram will be there at 14 but he's not much of a possibility for DAL. They would take Chandler Jones over him.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#543 » by SpeedyG » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:34 pm

Jeff have you heard this Kuechly at 5 to the Bucs? What do you think of it? Any legs to it? This would shake up the draft, wouldn't it?
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
emperorjones
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 133

Post#544 » by emperorjones » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Jeff, if Bears GM Emery really has 7 guys that he likes at #19, and assuming that the top 6 or so guys are not on that list, then wouldn't make a lot of sense to trade down? What do you think the chances of the Bears trading completely out of the 1st round?
snazel
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#545 » by snazel » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:19 pm

Jeff,

I've heard Browns rumors that they have a sweet deal on the table to trade down from #4 if a certain player is still on the board....a deal that would better their 2011-or was it 2010 - trade down from the Falcons.....heard anything?
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#546 » by studcrackers » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:46 pm

Icness wrote:
studcrackers wrote:Jeff, I realize the cowboys haven't had a good safety since Darren Woodson (shame he likely won't be a hall of famer) but what are the odds you see mark Barron being a pro bowl safety? I don't like the idea of spending a 1st rounder on a guy who will just be a league average safety.

I think Barron is a good-not-great safety and I worry about his groin issues. If he's still on the board he is the pick.

Ingram will be there at 14 but he's not much of a possibility for DAL. They would take Chandler Jones over him.

Well that's a real kick in the taint
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#547 » by Icness » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:54 pm

SpeedyG wrote:Jeff have you heard this Kuechly at 5 to the Bucs? What do you think of it? Any legs to it? This would shake up the draft, wouldn't it?

I don't buy it. The only way that presents itself is if Claiborne goes 3 and TRich 4 (which IMO it will), and that leaves Kuechly vs. Kalil. TB will find someone (BUF? SD?) that will move up to take Kalil over Kuechly. But yes, Kuechly going anywhere before KC at 11 really shakes things up.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#548 » by Icness » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:56 pm

emperorjones wrote:Jeff, if Bears GM Emery really has 7 guys that he likes at #19, and assuming that the top 6 or so guys are not on that list, then wouldn't make a lot of sense to trade down? What do you think the chances of the Bears trading completely out of the 1st round?

I don't see a rookie GM making his mark by trading out of the first. It isn't impossible but Phil Emery has too much of an ego to give away his first first rounder. I will be very surprised if the pick isn't DL.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#549 » by Icness » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:01 pm

snazel wrote:Jeff,

I've heard Browns rumors that they have a sweet deal on the table to trade down from #4 if a certain player is still on the board....a deal that would better their 2011-or was it 2010 - trade down from the Falcons.....heard anything?

Jets getting Richardson, right? I've heard that too and my CLE peeps are abnormally mum. It could happen but understand the fall to #16 is a huge drop from #4, comparable to #6 to #27 a year ago. I think the Jets would need an intermediary to get up that high even with their '13 #1 and a 3rd this year. Maybe they trade that to JAX and then use 7 and a 3rd and 5th to get to 4. Just thinking out loud there.
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#550 » by Pax for Prez » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:08 pm

Icness wrote:
emperorjones wrote:Jeff, if Bears GM Emery really has 7 guys that he likes at #19, and assuming that the top 6 or so guys are not on that list, then wouldn't make a lot of sense to trade down? What do you think the chances of the Bears trading completely out of the 1st round?

I don't see a rookie GM making his mark by trading out of the first. It isn't impossible but Phil Emery has too much of an ego to give away his first first rounder. I will be very surprised if the pick isn't DL.

Jeff,

What do you see is the lowest the Bears could move down in rd 1 and still get a quality DL ?

Pax
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#551 » by Icness » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:14 pm

It depends on if they want tackle or DE. They need to stay in front of Detroit and Houston if they want a pass rushing DE (mercilus, perry). If they want a tackle like Worthy (my mock guess FYI) they can fall as far as New England.
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#552 » by Da Schwab » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:23 pm

I have this feeling in my gut that we might see something akin to 2003's first round tomorrow night. With all the talk of movement in the Top 10 and the uncertainty of pick value, I think we could see a team get skipped on the clock.

Just an observation, not really a question.
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#553 » by SpeedyG » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:43 pm

Da Schwab wrote:I have this feeling in my gut that we might see something akin to 2003's first round tomorrow night. With all the talk of movement in the Top 10 and the uncertainty of pick value, I think we could see a team get skipped on the clock.

It might, but I don't see the value on "passing" anymore. It's not like the salary between 7 and 8 (or whatever pick in the top 10) is that significant anymore thanks to the changes to the CBA
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,584

Post#554 » by hermes » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Da Schwab wrote:I have this feeling in my gut that we might see something akin to 2003's first round tomorrow night. With all the talk of movement in the Top 10 and the uncertainty of pick value, I think we could see a team get skipped on the clock.

oh if its the vikings......
snazel
Freshman

Post#555 » by snazel » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Icness wrote:
snazel wrote:Jeff,

Jets getting Richardson, right? I've heard that too and my CLE peeps are abnormally mum. It could happen but understand the fall to #16 is a huge drop from #4, comparable to #6 to #27 a year ago. I think the Jets would need an intermediary to get up that high even with their '13 #1 and a 3rd this year. Maybe they trade that to JAX and then use 7 and a 3rd and 5th to get to 4. Just thinking out loud there.

Actually, I don't remember if it was the Jets or not....I want to say it wasn't but idk. I know that Philly was mentioned as also potentially being interested in #4.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,577

Post#556 » by Worm Guts » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:56 pm

SpeedyG wrote:

It might, but I don't see the value on "passing" anymore. It's not like the salary between 7 and 8 (or whatever pick in the top 10) is that significant anymore thanks to the changes to the CBA

It's not like it happened on purpose.
snazel
Freshman

Post#557 » by snazel » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Actually I was hearing Cowboys and Eagles either made offers or are very intersted in 4.....not sure where the Jets rumor started / came from.
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#558 » by SpeedyG » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:14 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:

It's not like it happened on purpose.

No, it wasn't. But often the reason people say "i'd rather pass on the pick" was so they don't have to pay as much. Given the current CBA though, there's no reason to pass on the pick. Just take the guy.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#559 » by Icness » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:45 pm

snazel wrote:Actually I was hearing Cowboys and Eagles either made offers or are very intersted in 4.....not sure where the Jets rumor started / came from.

Eagles moving up to 6 to get Mark Barron is the hot rumor du juor.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#560 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:28 pm

Icness wrote:
snazel wrote:Actually I was hearing Cowboys and Eagles either made offers or are very intersted in 4.....not sure where the Jets rumor started / came from.

Eagles moving up to 6 to get Mark Barron is the hot rumor du juor.

Would they really need to move up that far? And if they could get to six, wouldn't they be better off taking the top DE/DT there?
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston

Return to NFL Draft