Post#1 » by BlackMamba » Sun Apr 1, 2007 11:29 pm

NICE!!!!

i like the red color of the board!!!!

go M's!!!!!!
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#2 » by Rick Rolled » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:06 am

I can't believe Extra innings went exclusive to Direct TV....

Now I can't watch my Mariners anymore......

Damn.
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#3 » by Basketball Jesus » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:08 am

Where's the thread in which we can predict which prospect Bavasi will flip next for an aging DH that can't hit? My money's on ABD.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#4 » by Sweezo » Mon Apr 2, 2007 7:48 am

Basketball Jesus wrote:Where's the thread in which we can predict which prospect Bavasi will flip next for an aging DH that can't hit? My money's on ABD.

Then there will be no such thread...we've already flipped all our prospects for DH/crappy SP/etc. Haven't we? If we haven't, don't say anything! They need to be hidden from Bill!

For each home run Chris Snelling hits a little part of me will die inside...
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#5 » by Basketball Jesus » Mon Apr 2, 2007 1:44 pm

The irony of all this trading is that Bavasi had the pieces he wanted from the beginning. Snelling was an oft-injured OF that could crush the baseball when healthy. Perfect DH. He needed SP depth, trades for Ramirez, instead of bringing up a guy like Blackley or Bobby Livingston.

They better do the right thing and ink Ichiro to play center for two more seasons while Adam Jones grooms himself in the minors.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
Bow2Yao11
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Bow2Yao11 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:46 pm

Watch Bavasi trade Adam Jones for Junior. :banghead:
John Wall>>>>>>>>>Ricky Rubio
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Sweezo » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:14 pm

Basketball Jesus wrote:The irony of all this trading is that Bavasi had the pieces he wanted from the beginning. Snelling was an oft-injured OF that could crush the baseball when healthy. Perfect DH. He needed SP depth, trades for Ramirez, instead of bringing up a guy like Blackley or Bobby Livingston.

The Snelling point is right on.

As for Blackley or Livingston...I don't know that either of them were ready yet. Blackley's progressing rather slowly from a severe injury, while Livingston never really showed anything when he was with the big club (although he was horribly miscast as a reliever).

I don't mind acquiring Ramirez because, on paper, his pitching style seems tailored to SafeCo. However, it's foolish to trade Soriano for a guy like that...he simply wasn't worth that caliber of player. Ramirez was rumored to be a DFA's candidate before the trade. Seemed pretty clear he wasn't in the Braves long term plans.
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#8 » by Ex-hippie » Tue Apr 3, 2007 2:51 pm

I liked Blackley and Livingston for a long time, but they had to produce sooner or later. I think they made the right decision in wiping the slate clean and getting ready for the next generation of rotation prospects: Morrow and Feierabend for next year, and Tony Butler and Chris Tillman possibly for 2009. But it's just amazing that the last round of prospects -- Blackley, Livingston, Nageotte, Foppert, Cate... every last one of them flamed out and is in another organization. Only Baek is still in the system and trying to catch on.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Sweezo » Tue Apr 3, 2007 6:29 pm

hippie wrote:I liked Blackley and Livingston for a long time, but they had to produce sooner or later. I think they made the right decision in wiping the slate clean and getting ready for the next generation of rotation prospects: Morrow and Feierabend for next year, and Tony Butler and Chris Tillman possibly for 2009. But it's just amazing that the last round of prospects -- Blackley, Livingston, Nageotte, Foppert, Cate... every last one of them flamed out and is in another organization. Only Baek is still in the system and trying to catch on.

Worth noting to exactly who drafted all those guys...can't blame Bavasi for the failures of the Gillick regime. Bavasi makes some odd moves as a GM for the big club, but I think he's been fairly solid in rebuilding the minor leagues. Can't say we've had the noteworthy arm injuries since he took over either...or maybe I'm just not noticing them as much.

Return to Seattle Mariners