ImageImage

GT: Dodgers vs. Brewers (Opening Day 2007)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#61 » by Andrew34r » Mon Apr 2, 2007 11:16 pm

To the people that went...

It seemed this wasnt just your typical opening day drunken crowd thats into some of the game and just yelling pointless crap the whole time? The crowd was into the whole game and really actually seemed like Brewer fans, correct?
BrewKrew
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#62 » by BrewKrew » Mon Apr 2, 2007 11:35 pm

Andrew34r wrote:To the people that went...

It seemed this wasnt just your typical opening day drunken crowd thats into some of the game and just yelling pointless crap the whole time? The crowd was into the whole game and really actually seemed like Brewer fans, correct?

Well, if you describe a typical Millwaukee Fan as a drunken idiot who needs to be knocked out... Well, then you close :clap: :rofl:
Captain Erv
General Manager
And1: 78

Post#63 » by Captain Erv » Mon Apr 2, 2007 11:40 pm

For anyone that watched the game on TV, how was Brian Anderson? I'm surprised that a lot of people didn't like Sutton, but I thought he was great. Anyway, thoughts on the new guy?
Buck4Life
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#64 » by Buck4Life » Mon Apr 2, 2007 11:41 pm

WTF??
We are not Cubs fans! :lol:
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#65 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Apr 2, 2007 11:51 pm

Wasn't as bad as last season's OD, but yeah, much more drunken fools than normal games. Was really confused when Brady Clark was cheered in the introductions, but booed when he was put into the game (especially when he roped that double in the 9th). Crowd went nuts with Billy Hall's catch and homer and Sheets' last AB (never before was a Brewer strikeout cheered so loudly). I was surprised at how coherent the crowd was for Opening Day. Great time.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 172

Post#66 » by fam3381 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 12:52 am

1. I have had MLB.tv for three years now and it's pretty good. There were a few stretches today where the video wasn't smooth (I was on a T1 at work) but at least the audio was always good. It's typically pretty reliable and the quality is good. One problem is that there's a noticeable delay, so if you like following along with a boxscore it'll be a pitch or two ahead of the video.

2. I thought Anderson was only OK...it's not worth being really harsh given it's his first major league game or whatever, but I liked Sutton and didn't get the impression he'll be as good. I didn't get the impression he is particularly knowledgeable about baseball, nor did he seem like the kind of guy who can make the game more exciting. His homer call on Hall was pretty bland. He seemed very grateful for the opportunity, thanked Attanasio a couple times when they were on together.

3. I said earlier I didn't remember any tough plays in the outfield but from the recap I see that I missed Hall's great catch. I must have been doing work or something :) So just wanted to make that correction.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#67 » by Buck You » Tue Apr 3, 2007 3:00 am

Great game by everyone today. Sheets was obviously dominant and i love how we don't have to rely on one guy to get all the hits. Everyone on this team can get timely hits and we don't have to wait on one guy to get a homer. I love this team so far.
skitch815
Starter
And1: 59

Post#68 » by skitch815 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 3:40 am

I havent been at an opening day at Miller Park yet, but I back up the posters question about opening day. Back at County Stadium it seemed like the game was a very very very distant second to being drunk and belligerent and finding new inappropriate places to take a whiz. I agree though that from the broadcast todays crowd seemed very into the game.

I was one of the guys who really liked Sutton but I think that Anderson did a really great job today. Really cool on the pregame show on FSN to see Uecker sitting down with Vin Scully. Two of the best in the game.
shortstrokes
Sophomore

Post#69 » by shortstrokes » Tue Apr 3, 2007 4:07 am

Captain Erv 40 wrote:For anyone that watched the game on TV, how was Brian Anderson? I'm surprised that a lot of people didn't like Sutton, but I thought he was great. Anyway, thoughts on the new guy?

I thought he was adequate - nothing more. He's forcing Rock to carry a bigger load right now and that is not necessarily good. Can only take so much of Schroeder.

I thought Anderson was very uncomfortable when Antanasio was in the booth. Some long stretches of dead air. Too much of the conversation that did take place revolved around Anderson getting the Brewer announcing job. Who cares? You've got the boss there. Talk about baseball and what he is willing to do to continue to improve the team.Thought it was a little uncool that Anderson said that part of the interview process for the job was a cavity search. Antanasio kind of gave him a WTF look.
Oh well, it was the regular season opener for him to.
skitch815
Starter

Post#70 » by skitch815 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 4:24 am

shortstrokes wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I thought he was adequate - nothing more. He's forcing Rock to carry a bigger load right now and that is not necessarily good. Can only take so much of Schroeder.

I thought Anderson was very uncomfortable when Antanasio was in the booth. Some long stretches of dead air. Too much of the conversation that did take place revolved around Anderson getting the Brewer announcing job. Who cares? You've got the boss there. Talk about baseball and what he is willing to do to continue to improve the team.Thought it was a little uncool that Anderson said that part of the interview process for the job was a cavity search. Antanasio kind of gave him a WTF look.
Oh well, it was the regular season opener for him to.

Actually Anderson was quoting Rick Schlesinger, executive vice president of business operations, who made that somewhat questionable quote in yesterdays season preview in the Journal Sentinal when talking about the exhaustive search for a replacement for Sutton. It was uncomfortable listening to that interview, though, but in all fairness, Attanasio seems like a horrible interview. He's talking, then watching the game, then waiting for you to talk again. He has the attention span of a 5 year old every time he's in the booth.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,833

Post#71 » by worthlessBucks » Tue Apr 3, 2007 4:30 am

Attanasio's interviews every opening day are awful. I agree about the situation being seemingly uncomfortable, they always are. It's especially terrible when he drags his family up there. A couple years ago he demanded a mic for his son on air, and when the kid got it, he didn't say anything even when given ample opening by Sutton.
Go Bucks!
skitch815
Starter

Post#72 » by skitch815 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 4:34 am

^^
haha I remember that too. The kid was wearing some retro ball in glove stuff and they were asking him about it and he was just like..."i dunno". I think Attanasio is a great owner and hes a fan and its great to see him sitting in the lower boxes, but yea, his interviews are brutal.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#73 » by WEFFPIM » Tue Apr 3, 2007 4:36 am

Yeah, stop giving Attanasio and family microphones for interviews. They're wastes of time
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
BrewKrew
Ballboy

Post#74 » by BrewKrew » Tue Apr 3, 2007 11:56 am

Yeah its pretty dumb, if they do it, just give the mic to him, not his family... I mean come on, we could probably learn more from Michael Jackson on Mic than we could learn from his family xD And they really have nothing good to say ever...
shortstrokes
Sophomore

Post#75 » by shortstrokes » Wed Apr 4, 2007 4:49 am

BrewKrew wrote:Yeah its pretty dumb, if they do it, just give the mic to him, not his family... I mean come on, we could probably learn more from Michael Jackson on Mic than we could learn from his family xD And they really have nothing good to say ever...

Now maybe if you get Michael Jackson and Attanasio's son together in the booth............on second thought-scratch that.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#76 » by wichmae » Wed Apr 4, 2007 1:12 pm

Actually Homer had an awesome Attanasio interview before the game last night. Great Great interview and I cant stand Homer.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers