ImageImage

Yosted Again.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,556

Yosted Again. 

Post#1 » by Ill-yasova » Wed May 30, 2007 8:47 pm

1 Out, top of the eighth, based loaded. It's in situations like this that you bring in the one guy in your bullpen that you trust the most. That man for the Brewers is Coco. Yet time and time again Ned Yost has not had the balls to bring our best reliever in when we need him the most. The yankees do it with Rivera, the mets have done it with Wagner. But for some reason Yost thinks that having Cordero go 1 2/3s is an impossible feat for him. If you're gonna go down, you should do it with knowing you gave your club the best chance it had at winning.
mnstinks
Sixth Man
And1: 42

Post#2 » by mnstinks » Wed May 30, 2007 8:55 pm

Maybe Yost should hit too.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#3 » by trwi7 » Wed May 30, 2007 9:00 pm

Don't you know Ill-yasova? In Wisconsin it's against the law to bring your closer in during the 8th inning.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
dedned
Analyst
And1: 1,372

Re: Yosted Again. 

Post#4 » by dedned » Thu May 31, 2007 4:24 am

Ill-yasova wrote:1 Out, top of the eighth, based loaded. It's in situations like this that you bring in the one guy in your bullpen that you trust the most. That man for the Brewers is Coco. Yet time and time again Ned Yost has not had the balls to bring our best reliever in when we need him the most. The yankees do it with Rivera, the mets have done it with Wagner. But for some reason Yost thinks that having Cordero go 1 2/3s is an impossible feat for him. If you're gonna go down, you should do it with knowing you gave your club the best chance it had at winning.

I agree 100%
ajb905
Rookie
And1: 311

Post#5 » by ajb905 » Thu May 31, 2007 5:04 pm

I also agree and was fuming the exact same sentiments in the game thread yesterday. I thought after walking the first two guys it was reasonable to expect a pitching change and when the bases were loaded I can understand going lefty v lefty but I agree that the best bullpen pitcher needs to be out there at the most critical time.

Fudge saves...put Coco out there after then 2nd walk. You somehow get a double play o against Renteria, you then work against McCann, Jones, Francouer.

If he has to make a lot of pitches and is able to get Renteria and McCann out in the 8th, than use Wise in the 9th (or after Coco pitches against Jones). I want to see some creativity and not sticking with baseball convention when games are on the line. Sometimes Turnbow has it, sometimes no...the manager needs to be able to recognize this before the game is blown.
JoeWolfFan
Junior
And1: 0

Yosted indeed 

Post#6 » by JoeWolfFan » Tue Jun 5, 2007 2:49 am

We are getting Yosted in the most important game of an important series. I am not letting the players off the hook for their terrible hitting with RISP, but the in game management has been horrible:

1. Dave Bush has proved this year that he is a 6 inning pitcher. Opponents bat .480 against him the 4th time through the lineup. What do you gain by giving up an out in our half of the inning and then marching this guy out for one last inning?

2. They could have gone for a big inning. Leadoff man aboard and Gwynn on the bench, why not go for a big inning? I'll tell you why, because Bush has one more inning in him.

3. Why not have pitchers warming up in case he sucks (which he did)? They weren't ready, Bush faced three, result: walk and two singles.

Likely end result: a loss in a game we should have won to the team that I, along with most true Brewers fans, hate with a fiery passion.
Metalmilitia404
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Yosted indeed 

Post#7 » by Metalmilitia404 » Tue Jun 5, 2007 3:02 am

JoeWolfFan wrote:We are getting Yosted in the most important game of an important series. I am not letting the players off the hook for their terrible hitting with RISP, but the in game management has been horrible:

1. Dave Bush has proved this year that he is a 6 inning pitcher. Opponents bat .480 against him the 4th time through the lineup. What do you gain by giving up an out in our half of the inning and then marching this guy out for one last inning?

2. They could have gone for a big inning. Leadoff man aboard and Gwynn on the bench, why not go for a big inning? I'll tell you why, because Bush has one more inning in him.

3. Why not have pitchers warming up in case he sucks (which he did)? They weren't ready, Bush faced three, result: walk and two singles.

Likely end result: a loss in a game we should have won to the team that I, along with most true Brewers fans, hate with a fiery passion.

:nod:
Old habits reappear. Fighting the bitter fear.
growing conspriacy, everyones after me.
Fraid ends of sanity, Hear them calling.
Hear them calling me.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Re: Yosted indeed 

Post#8 » by Buck You » Tue Jun 5, 2007 5:44 pm

JoeWolfFan wrote:We are getting Yosted in the most important game of an important series. I am not letting the players off the hook for their terrible hitting with RISP, but the in game management has been horrible:

100% correct.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers