Week of Oct. 6th thread

Moderator: studcrackers

MadCityBucky
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#41 » by MadCityBucky » Sun Oct 7, 2007 3:29 am

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:WOOT!! USC GOT PWNED!!!

:clap: This makes the Wisconsin loss a little less painful.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#42 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Oct 7, 2007 3:43 am

LOL!!! and UCLA lost to notre dame! woot!!
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#43 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Oct 7, 2007 3:46 am

LSU TOUCHDOWN!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager

Post#44 » by UrbanLegendMD » Sun Oct 7, 2007 3:53 am

LSU got balls going for it 5 times
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#45 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Oct 7, 2007 3:59 am

LSU WINS!!! :clap:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,181
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#46 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Oct 7, 2007 3:59 am

ElTurco wrote:cant wait till LSU loses so i would have another reason to get drunk. Demolishing purdue doesnt do it for me.

This is Tiger football baby, don't sleep on us.

Where's AJ?
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
opzoneworld
Junior
And1: 0

Post#47 » by opzoneworld » Sun Oct 7, 2007 4:00 am

Great win for LSU. Well done.

CAL should be #2 now. Go Bears!
JoeyH
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#48 » by JoeyH » Sun Oct 7, 2007 4:02 am

jumanji wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I know you dont think they want any part of LSU but i seriously doubt they are shaking in their boots. The real title game is against Cal. The BCS title game will be a scrimmage for them. :D

HAHA.
JoeyH
Sixth Man

Post#49 » by JoeyH » Sun Oct 7, 2007 4:02 am

ElTurco wrote:cant wait till LSU loses so i would have another reason to get drunk. Demolishing purdue doesnt do it for me.

:cry:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,181
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#50 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Oct 7, 2007 4:05 am

Tebow shouldn't have been taunting Death Valley... Tiger players are real protective of their fans(much like the gators)

The **** Tim Tebow chant was awesome :lol:

Glen Dorsey was fairly quiet other than the early sack, but man did he come up big at the end. You don't see DT's go that hard.

Hell of a football game, Florida left it all on the field, LSU is just a bit older and more experienced.

Rofl at USC. What a bunch of overrated bastards lol. What's going to be the excuse to not drop them out of the top 5 this week?

Cal #2? Maybe OSU? Should Florida even drop?
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
JoeyH
Sixth Man

Post#51 » by JoeyH » Sun Oct 7, 2007 4:07 am

Florida should move up if anything.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#52 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Oct 7, 2007 4:10 am

cal is no.2. ohio state is a close no.3. florida should be top 10.
opzoneworld
Junior

Post#53 » by opzoneworld » Sun Oct 7, 2007 4:12 am

No question CAL should be #2. Beat two ranked teams; one at home and one on the road. Plus, Tenn rolled today so that should help as well. It will be a total sham if CAL is not #2.
GYBE
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 358

Post#54 » by GYBE » Sun Oct 7, 2007 4:14 am

ND won...but Clausen still looks pretty bad to me. I think Charlie is looking ahead to the next few years and getting him experiance instead of playing the guy who gives us a better chance to win right now.

8)
GYBE
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 358

Post#55 » by GYBE » Sun Oct 7, 2007 4:37 am

And the clock management in the last minute and a half by Florida was absolutely terrible.

8)
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#56 » by El Turco » Sun Oct 7, 2007 5:33 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This is Tiger football baby, don't sleep on us.

Where's AJ?

Dont worry USC made up for it greatly. I guess we ll see each other in NC. Props to Les Miles though, what a bunch of gutsy calls. i am praying he doesnt come to state up north next year. Barring a collapse LSU just punched their ticket to NC game imo. i still expect them to lose a game though. How bout this for a possible scenario...

OSU-Unbeaten Big ten team
USC/Cal-one loss pac-10 team
LSU-one loss team
Cincy/USF-unbeaten big east team

Obviously LSU would make it one loss in SEC. but for the second team you have big mess. If USC beats cal then who would you pick from pac-10? At the end there s no way unbeaten big 10 team is going to be excluded(various reasons) but what a mess with stronger conference pac 10 with one loss or big east which is as good as big 10 this year being excluded. Its too far away especially the way this season going but IMO we are in for another season of BCS mess. As for this weeks rankings Cal will probably take #2 spot due to the quality of games they played but OSU should take over in latter weeks as they are the #2 best team in the nation right now. Also, Florida should stay in top ten and i would throw in Missouri in top 10 as well as they are doing pretty well so far(trouncing ranked Nebraska) even though they are under the radar.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#57 » by El Turco » Sun Oct 7, 2007 5:34 am

ElTurco wrote:Purdue doesnt stand a chance tonight.

:nod:
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
opzoneworld
Junior

Post#58 » by opzoneworld » Sun Oct 7, 2007 5:40 am

In all honesty, I dont know if OSU should take over later either. CAL still has two ranked teams ahead of them; USC at home and going into Arizona St. If CAL wins both those games, that will be 4-0 against ranked teams. That should be enough to get them into the NC game if they go undefeated.
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager

Post#59 » by UrbanLegendMD » Sun Oct 7, 2007 5:51 am

If Cal goes undefeated they go over OSU. Pac10>>>Big10 this year.
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,660

Post#60 » by Doctor MJ » Sun Oct 7, 2007 7:21 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:Rofl at USC. What a bunch of overrated bastards lol. What's going to be the excuse to not drop them out of the top 5 this week?

Cal #2? Maybe OSU? Should Florida even drop?

Love ya Sal but your venom against USC is amusing. Excessive, irrational, but knowing you've had a brush with the horrible arrogant stupidity that is the USC backers, I can't blame you.

They will drop out of the top 5 this week. There was never any good reason to think they should have been dropped out before, so it's not like they've been irrationally held in the top 5.

Let's note also that losing to a team like Stanford in the middle of the season after a slew of injuries says more about the team's current state than the team on its best days (and if you're talking about a team being overrated, you're gonna be talking about the latter unless you specifically note otherwise). I say none of this to say USC should be given superspecial immunity from this loss being held against them, but this is clearly a loss where the better team the day they played is not the better team overall. One interesting note though is how badly the Trojans' running game suffered with Stafon Johnson out. I could see that guy being a Heisman candidate next year.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!

Return to NCAA Football