Week 5 thread

Moderator: studcrackers

PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#81 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:12 pm

KingInExile wrote:What, you're so frustrated that you had to post this twice? :lol:

Just be thankful that you are not forced to endure watching the complete ineptitude know as Oregon State's offense. Having a QB who's thrown nearly twice as many interceptions as touchdowns is beyond unacceptable. Bernard is the only offensive threat they have, but you're not going to win games in the Pac-10 with only a running game. This is quickly turning into one of the most frustrating and embarrassing seasons in a long time.

Yeah, I was frustrated, but that was an accident. :lol:

Really though, look at the Cal fans' posts in this thread and tell me that I'm off base. Oregon had a controlling stake in that game for much of that game and never bothered to capitalize. And they could've been a top-5 team with a victory. That weekend is not going to happen again all year.

Are Beavs fans calling for Mike Riley's head yet? Because this is an improved team over last year and you may be right...they may be the worst team in the Pac-10, edging out WSU.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#82 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:22 pm

gunnabdaschwab09 wrote:- I want to party with Oregon fans

And we want to party with you too. But we won't be surprised if you become a USF student.

(FWIW, we have a top-notch journalism school at UO. Just saying. :wink: )
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#83 » by Da Schwab » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:35 pm

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:And we want to party with you too. But we won't be surprised if you become a USF student.

(FWIW, we have a top-notch journalism school at UO. Just saying. :wink: )

I would love to go out of state for college, but I'd also love to save $20,000+ on tuition too.
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#84 » by KingInExile » Mon Oct 1, 2007 12:23 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:Are Beavs fans calling for Mike Riley's head yet? Because this is an improved team over last year and you may be right...they may be the worst team in the Pac-10, edging out WSU.

Not that I'm aware of, and I don't think we need to go that far. But I would like to see him start benching guys for being idiots. Canfield should have lost his staring job by now because he just is not reliable (he's starting to make me wish Matt Moore was back). Lawson should have been benched last night after a costly late hit that put UCLA in good position late in the game. Instead, he was allowed to continue to play and make more critical mistakes (ie, fumble a kickoff return on the next possession and put UCLA back into scoring position).

The one possible saving grace is the knowledge that there is a lot of talented youth on the roster. It's just rough watching them get slaughtered as they try to come together as a cohesive team.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,091

Post#85 » by High 5 » Thu Oct 4, 2007 1:17 am

PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#86 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Thu Oct 4, 2007 12:42 pm

High 5 wrote:(picture)

I like Florida and all, but that's too funny.
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#87 » by A.J. » Fri Oct 5, 2007 4:32 am

Andre Woodson throws another pick.

Now the Heisman is wide open. :D

Return to NCAA Football