50%

Total votes: 2

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,472

Re: #7 Stanford at #10 Washington, Friday, 9/30, 9pm ET, ESPN 

Post#21 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Oct 1, 2016 5:56 am

Bulltalk wrote::rockon: Go Dawgs! 44-6 beat down of #7 Stanford. Great to be a Husky fan tonight.

Any motivation problems for Oregon next Saturday?

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME! The effing Ducks?

Beating the Cardinal was to get back into the national discussion. Beating the Ducks is personal. If you're a Dawg fan, you damn well know what I mean.

Ditto. The crowd was electric all night. I've maybe had a few too many to drink tonight. Good thing I took the bus in & didnt drive! :D
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#22 » by Bulltalk » Sat Oct 1, 2016 6:19 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Bulltalk wrote::rockon: Go Dawgs! 44-6 beat down of #7 Stanford. Great to be a Husky fan tonight.

Any motivation problems for Oregon next Saturday?

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME! The effing Ducks?

Beating the Cardinal was to get back into the national discussion. Beating the Ducks is personal. If you're a Dawg fan, you damn well know what I mean.

Ditto. The crowd was electric all night. I've maybe had a few too many to drink tonight. Good thing I took the bus in & didnt drive! :D

It was so great, so fantastic, everything about it.

Go Dawgs!
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,211

Post#23 » by bondom34 » Sat Oct 1, 2016 6:45 am

That wasn't expected by me. Washington looks legit.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#24 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Oct 1, 2016 6:47 am

bondom34 wrote:That wasn't expected by me. Washington looks legit.

I just got back from the game, a little while ago! Great night! :D
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by bondom34 » Sat Oct 1, 2016 6:50 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

We're back! :D

Sure seems that way :lol:

Hadn't seen them much and turned this off after it got too ugly, thought Stanford was pretty good so I'm impressed.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#26 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Oct 1, 2016 6:58 am

bondom34 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

We're back! :D

Hadn't seen them much and turned this off after it got too ugly, thought Stanford was pretty good so I'm impressed.

Stanford doesn't really impress me to be honest, outside of Christian McCaffrey. Oregon is up next! :D
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by bondom34 » Sat Oct 1, 2016 7:00 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:We're back! :D

Stanford doesn't really impress me to be honest, outside of Christian McCaffrey. Oregon is up next! :D

Yeah, Iyou're right on second thought 'm just really high on McCaffrey. Also thought they had a better defense, though maybe I'm thinking back to last year more. They were in a few tight games against not great teams.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#28 » by Latrell » Sat Oct 1, 2016 3:49 pm

Washington did a great job on McCaffrey. 80 total yards and 0 TDs
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,493

Post#29 » by bwgood77 » Sat Oct 1, 2016 7:12 pm

Latrell wrote:Washington did a great job on McCaffrey. 80 total yards and 0 TDs

Read on Twitter
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,724

Post#30 » by Mamba Mentality » Sat Oct 1, 2016 8:07 pm

Yeh, I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong about Washington. That defense is legit. With that being said, I think that game just showed how one dimensional and dependent Stanford is on McCaffrey. You take him out of the equation and that whole offense falls flat.
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

Post#31 » by kdawg32086 » Sat Oct 1, 2016 10:22 pm

That was an absolute beatdown. Many would say that was a long time coming, for a Pac 12 team to finally physically dominate Stanford like UW did last night. Sadly though, it might mean my Ducks' streak of wins over UW may be over soon...
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#32 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Oct 2, 2016 4:07 am

kdawg32086 wrote:That was an absolute beatdown. Many would say that was a long time coming, for a Pac 12 team to finally physically dominate Stanford like UW did last night. Sadly though, it might mean my Ducks' streak of wins over UW may be over soon...

Oregon's run is over, my friend! :D
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#33 » by kdawg32086 » Sun Oct 2, 2016 5:09 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
kdawg32086 wrote:That was an absolute beatdown. Many would say that was a long time coming, for a Pac 12 team to finally physically dominate Stanford like UW did last night. Sadly though, it might mean my Ducks' streak of wins over UW may be over soon...

After tonight, I completely agree with you... :/ If I was Rob Mullens, I would probably fire Helfrich tomorrow, make Hoke the interim HC for the remainder of the season and go after someone like Herman, Miles, Dan Mullen, PJ Fleck, Bryan Harsin, etc.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#34 » by bleu » Sun Oct 2, 2016 5:54 am

kdawg32086 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

After tonight, I completely agree with you... :/ If I was Rob Mullens, I would probably fire Helfrich tomorrow, make Hoke the interim HC for the remainder of the season and go after someone like Herman, Miles, Dan Mullen, PJ Fleck, Bryan Harsin, etc.

What is going on with Oregon? Is it coaching or what? I haven't caught a single one of their games this season, but I was shocked to see how the game turned out tonight. What is your honest analysis of their demise?
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#35 » by kdawg32086 » Sun Oct 2, 2016 6:04 pm

bleu wrote:
kdawg32086 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Oregon's run is over, my friend! :D

What is going on with Oregon? Is it coaching or what? I haven't caught a single one of their games this season, but I was shocked to see how the game turned out tonight. What is your honest analysis of their demise?

From my armchair AD viewpoint, I think it comes down to coaching. In hindsight, they shouldn't have passed on Chris Peterson when Chip left, in favor of keeping Helfrich to preserve "The Oregon Way." Although to be fair, Chip passed on Tony Brooks-James, Charles Nelson, Devon Allen, and Kani Benoit as recruits...and that just looks dumb in hindsight.

Specifically, though, it's a defensive coaching problem which has morphed into an offensive coaching problem with Lubick calling plays. Helf is such a nice guy, to the point where he is too nice and too loyal to the existing coaches. That's why he promoted Pellum to DC when Alliotti retired instead of going and getting someone like Todd Orlando or Dave Aranda. And then he passed on Mike Nolan as a DC candidate in favor of Hoke because Hoke wouldn't replace any of the assistant coaches and Nolan had wanted to replace John Neal. To be fair though, Neal is probably the best defensive assistant on the team. Pellum's guys consistently look awful and Aiken, for all of his credentials, has had his d-line underperformed a lot. Not to mention with Hoke as the DC...this is his first time ever being a DC.

On the offensive side of the ball, Lubick is struggling mightily as an OC and it shows in his playcalling. Yost as the QB coach was solid, but in doing that we now havea new OC and a new DC who are calling plays for the first time in their careers. It's not something you typically want to see with the pedigree that Oregon has built over the last decade.

I personally think than Dan Mullen from Mississippi State would be the perfect replacement, although I think they would try to poach Rich Rod from Arizona first.

Helfrich and Mora are probably the two coaches in the conference who should be replaced by their respective schools following the season.
Wannabe MEP
Analyst
And1: 1,786

Post#36 » by Wannabe MEP » Sun Oct 2, 2016 10:45 pm

Probability UDub gets through this stretch unscathed??

• Sat, Oct 29 @#24 Utah
  • Sat, Nov 5 @Cal
  • Sat, Nov 12 vs USC
  • Sat, Nov 19 vs Arizona State
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#37 » by studcrackers » Tue Oct 4, 2016 3:38 am

kdawg32086 wrote:
bleu wrote:
kdawg32086 wrote:

From my armchair AD viewpoint, I think it comes down to coaching. In hindsight, they shouldn't have passed on Chris Peterson when Chip left, in favor of keeping Helfrich to preserve "The Oregon Way." Although to be fair, Chip passed on Tony Brooks-James, Charles Nelson, Devon Allen, and Kani Benoit as recruits...and that just looks dumb in hindsight.

Specifically, though, it's a defensive coaching problem which has morphed into an offensive coaching problem with Lubick calling plays. Helf is such a nice guy, to the point where he is too nice and too loyal to the existing coaches. That's why he promoted Pellum to DC when Alliotti retired instead of going and getting someone like Todd Orlando or Dave Aranda. And then he passed on Mike Nolan as a DC candidate in favor of Hoke because Hoke wouldn't replace any of the assistant coaches and Nolan had wanted to replace John Neal. To be fair though, Neal is probably the best defensive assistant on the team. Pellum's guys consistently look awful and Aiken, for all of his credentials, has had his d-line underperformed a lot. Not to mention with Hoke as the DC...this is his first time ever being a DC.

On the offensive side of the ball, Lubick is struggling mightily as an OC and it shows in his playcalling. Yost as the QB coach was solid, but in doing that we now havea new OC and a new DC who are calling plays for the first time in their careers. It's not something you typically want to see with the pedigree that Oregon has built over the last decade.

I personally think than Dan Mullen from Mississippi State would be the perfect replacement, although I think they would try to poach Rich Rod from Arizona first.

Helfrich and Mora are probably the two coaches in the conference who should be replaced by their respective schools following the season.

honest question, why dan mullen? unless he gets another dak, i don't see him doing much for the bulldogs
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#38 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 4, 2016 5:47 am

Los Soles wrote:Probability UDub gets through this stretch unscathed??

• Sat, Oct 29 @#24 Utah
  • Sat, Nov 5 @Cal
  • Sat, Nov 12 vs USC

Utah will be their toughest test. The apple cup in Pullman is never easy either.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#39 » by bleu » Tue Oct 4, 2016 2:03 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Los Soles wrote:Probability UDub gets through this stretch unscathed??

• Sat, Oct 29 @#24 Utah
  • Sat, Nov 5 @Cal
  • Sat, Nov 12 vs USC

Utah will be their toughest test. The apple cup in Pullman is never easy either.

I really didn't realize how difficult the rest of their schedule is. TBH I think they beat Utah, Utah has been very strong at times, but they've also been very week at times, like last week against Cal. Being at Utah will make it tough, but I think Washington wins that one. One that could sneak up on them though is USC.

Return to NCAA Football