Other (SPECIFY)
No votes

Total votes: 8

hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,584

Re: 2017 Heisman Discussion 

Post#21 » by hermes » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:43 pm

barkley is amazing, not only all the athleticism and quickness but also the strength and endurance

he got the ball every other play and he was still going hard right until the very end
Wannabe MEP
Analyst
And1: 1,786

Post#22 » by Wannabe MEP » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:30 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:That Barkley kid is out of this world. Don't get me wrong, I'm still goin with my pick. But that performance last week, continuously every week too, is heisman worthy. Besides, I've seen this kid up close and personal at the Rose bowl. The kid is electric. Instant game changer. It's just that usually voters go QBs.

Good thoughts. Barkley and Mayfield are both electric. The narrative has changed dramatically every week so far this year, and I expect it to keep shifting.

I'm just surprised the narrative shifted so much this past week. Regardless of where it goes from here, I feel like Mayfield should still have the narrative over Barkley right now:

1. Mayfield holds a clear national lead in QBR.
  2. Oklahoma has a clear national lead in offensive efficiency (Penn State, despite elite running back and QB and soft schedule so far, are not all that close to Oklahoma on that list).
  3. Barkley isn't top of the list for total rushing yards, yards per attempt, TDs, ???
  4. 31–16 win @ Ohio State >>> 21–19 win @ Iowa, right?
  5. Penn State's dramatic, last-second Heisman moment went to...McSorley.
So Mayfield > Barkley by the numbers, by offensive impact/success, and by key wins. So what am I missing? :dontknow:

[Barkley jumps over people. 8-) Obvi.]
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,216

Post#23 » by bondom34 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:20 am

My entire life I never remember a player like Barkley at PSU. Not LJ, I'm not even sure Ki-Jana. Between on field and his crazy lifts hes incredible.

He stiff arms the guy mid air.

MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO

Return to NCAA Football