Yes
No votes

Total votes: 3

turcorox911
Sophomore
And1: 153

Should The Commissioner Nix This Deal? 

Post#1 » by turcorox911 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:29 pm

In my dynasty fantasy football league, someone made a trade for Julio Jones. Here's how the deal looked.

Team A Receives:
Allen Hurns (1000 yards + 10 TD season)
First Round Pick (Carson Wentz or Hunter Henry)
Second Round Pick (Keanu Neal)

Team B Receives:
Julio Jones (1800+ Yards, 8 TDs)

We use PPR scoring, but TEs get a premium of 1.5 per catch. 

However, prior to the beginning of the season, Team A told many owners that this was his last year. Team A trade rookie Todd Gurley to the commish for Reuben Randle (coming off a 71 catch, 3 TD, 900+ yard season) and a First Round Pick (Commish finished in the top 6 of the league that year, so it was at best the 11th overall pick in the draft). 

Furthermore, Team A told Team B that if Team B beat him in their matchup, then he would trade Julio to Team B. Team B did in fact win, and this win eliminated Team A from playoff contention. The commish likely did not know of this though.

Additionally, prior to the deal, Team A told the commissioner's brother (Team C) that Team A was going to trade Julio to Team B to make the competition tougher for Team C. The commish did know about this, but Team B did not. 

Regardless, Team A and Team B had been in trade talks for Julio for quite a while. Team B was trying to deal away Danny Amendola instead of Allen Hurns, and was trying to get Greg Hardy included in the deal. Obviously, neither of these happened.

Team A offered Team B the deal, and Team B accepted. The commissioner has to process all trades though to make them final. Prior to processing, the commissioner asked for the remainder of Team B's dues (dues are $120, so the league runs on a two-installment plan, where you pay the first $60 prior to the year, and then the final $60 at a date tba later). Team B paid this remainder at this time and not later because he and Team A had just reached a deal for Julio. Team B also thought that if he didn't pay dues at this time, then the deal for sure wouldn't go through.

Finally, the league does not vote on trades. The commissioner has also never nixed a deal before (if he has, then it's not well known at all).

With all of this in mind, should the commissioner nix the deal that Team B made for Julio Jones? Why or Why not?
Shivershock
Freshman
And1: 17

Re: Should The Commissioner Nix This Deal? 

Post#2 » by Shivershock » Mon Aug 6, 2018 2:37 pm

if i was commish I would let the trade happen
jdzimme3
Pro Prospect
And1: 305

Post#3 » by jdzimme3 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:33 pm

Commish should be kicked out for that Gurley trade

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
turcorox911
Sophomore
And1: 153

Post#4 » by turcorox911 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:31 am

Yeah, that Gurley trade was effed up.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#5 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:39 am

Shivershock wrote:if i was commish I would let the trade happen

Same.

Return to Fantasy Football