Arthur Blank expects Matt Ryan’s next contract to be a team-friendly deal

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,057

Arthur Blank expects Matt Ryan’s next contract to be a team-friendly deal 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Thu Feb 8, 2018 3:31 pm

Falcons owner Arthur Blank expects Matt Ryan’s next contract to be a team-friendly deal.
"I think Matt is the kind of quarterback that will understand, at this point, this is also about what is his legacy going to be," Blank said. "He wants to win championships and make sure the team is in position that we can compete for free agents. We expect him to work with us to ensure there’s talent around him." Entering a contract year, extending Ryan is Atlanta’s top offseason priority. As a Tom Condon client, it would be surprising if Ryan settled for less than top-seven quarterback money. Feb 2 - 7:26 PM
http://www.myajc.com/sports/football/blank-looking-for-falcons-friendly-matt-ryan-deal/ckO19Cz5NZbHU061RN9T8M/
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Re: Arthur Blank expects Matt Ryan’s next contract to be a team-friendly deal 

Post#2 » by ATL Boy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:05 am

Most definitely not happening after Jimmy G's extension over in San Fran. Ryan will be gunning for "richest in history" money and I can't really say that I wouldn't be doing the same thing if I were in his position: football is a hard, dangerous game, if you have a chance to get payed you take full advantage of it.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:15 pm

ATL Boy wrote:Most definitely not happening after Jimmy G's extension over in San Fran. Ryan will be gunning for "richest in history" money and I can't really say that I wouldn't be doing the same thing if I were in his position: football is a hard, dangerous game, if you have a chance to get payed you take full advantage of it.

I would also go for as much money as possible.
Blank is a business man, so it's not like he's going to take a discounted offer, if he chose to list the Falcons for sale, or a discounted rated with any other avenue. Blank's comments rubbed me the wrong way or I just took it the wrong way.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by ATL Boy » Mon Mar 5, 2018 1:37 am

It would behoove us to get Ryan signed before Kirk Cousins signs his deal this summer. Whoever signs second will get more money, and then the real winner will be Aaron Rodgers, who will get an extension that puts all of these upcoming contracts to shame.

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by HMFFL » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:14 pm

^
Well it didn't happen.
Matt Ryan and his agent probably wanted to wait anyway.
Drew Brees signed 2yrs, $50 million, so now Matt Ryan will be next.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by ATL Boy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:25 pm

Ryan and his agent are really handicapping us right now by dragging this out. It's become very annoying.

DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#8 » by DirtybirdGA » Fri May 4, 2018 3:09 pm

Well we hope it is.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.

Return to Atlanta Falcons