ImageImageImage

Todd Gurley

Moderator: HMFFL

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,611

Todd Gurley 

Post#1 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:18 am

I'm not sure if Gurley and the Falcons are a good fit, but as a UGA fanboy, the kid in me would love it. So many big name RBs on the market now, I just wonder what move the Falcons will make for RB? Sign FA? Draft? Stick with Hill and Ito?

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,611

Re: Todd Gurley 

Post#2 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:13 pm

WOW! It happened! I am shocked.

I think Gurley is damaged goods, I don't know if he is a good fit for the Falcons and Matt Ryan, I don't know if the is an AP situation right here, I don't know how Gurley will take it as a 2nd or 3rd or even a 4th option on offense with Julio as still the #1 option for the Falcons... but boy, the UGA fanboy inside of me is happy and excited right now :D :D :D
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,141

Re: Todd Gurley 

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:54 am

Below is the Melvin Gordon contract that Denver signed him too. Instead of signing Gurley I would have pursued Melvin Gordon. Seems a better investment over one knee Gurley.

Like you, the UGA Dawg inside me is also smiling, but still I have strong concerns.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Broncos signed free agent RB Melvin Gordon.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports it's a two-year, $16 million deal with $13.5 million guaranteed. The Broncos could certainly use an additional weapon or two on offense for second-year QB Drew Lock, but addressing the RB position is curious considering Phillip Lindsay and Royce Freeman were largely fine in 2019. MGIII is certainly the better pass-down RB from the group, although Lindsay (4.9 YPC) and Freeman (3.9) have had similar-to-better success over their careers on a per-rush basis compared to Gordon (4). This is a complete mess as far as fantasy is concerned, as a committee backfield is incredibly likely unless we see an additional move take place.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Atlanta Falcons