Arthur Blank says team will 'have to see' about Matt Ryan's future

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,115

Arthur Blank says team will 'have to see' about Matt Ryan's future  

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:24 am

Although Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank expressed admiration for Matt Ryan, he did not fully commit to the one-time MVP as the quarterback of the future as the franchise searches for a new head coach and general manager.

Blank parted ways with coach Dan Quinn and general manager Thomas Dimitroff on Sunday following an 0-5 start. Raheem Morris was named interim head coach, while president/CEO Rich McKay was designated to oversee the day-to-day operations in the interim.

Blank addressed the media Monday and was asked if the 35-year-old Ryan is the quarterback into the future.
"I love Matt, much like I love Dan, I love Thomas,'' Blank said. "Matt's been a franchise leader for us, great quarterback; one of the leading quarterbacks in the last 13 years in the NFL. I hope he's going to be part of our plans going forward. But that will be a decision that I won't make.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30102371/atlanta-falcons-owner-arthur-blank-says-team-see-matt-ryan-future

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,566

Re: Arthur Blank says team will 'have to see' about Matt Ryan's future 

Post#2 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:06 pm

That is huge news.

Wow.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Post#3 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:58 am

Blank is already thinking about Carterville native Trevor Lawrence, and it is the right move for him to do so.

I'm a huge Ryan fan, but you can't pass up the best prospect since Elway.

Falcons should already be thinking about what LB/S they should take in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Chicago, Detroit, Dallas, or Jacksonville could be great spots for Matt in the future.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,115

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:28 am

atlantabbq99 wrote:Blank is already thinking about Carterville native Trevor Lawrence, and it is the right move for him to do so.

I'm a huge Ryan fan, but you can't pass up the best prospect since Elway.

Falcons should already be thinking about what LB/S they should take in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Chicago, Detroit, Dallas, or Jacksonville could be great spots for Matt in the future.
I'd like to see Matt Ryan in Dallas.
The six Dallas fans I know didn't like the idea.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Atlanta Falcons