ImageImageImage

Justin Fields

Moderator: HMFFL

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Justin Fields 

Post#1 » by atlantabbq99 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:35 am

Wow great game by Fields! He is defiantly worth getting at #4 and walking away from Matt Ryan.

The only thing I don't like about Fields is that he is from a powerhouse like Ohio State who has a great offensive line, so he doesn't know how to play with pressure from the defensive front.

I hope Zach Wilson balls out at the workouts so that Fields falls to #4.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,012

Re: Justin Fields 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:43 pm

He's had two great offensive lines with Georgia and Ohio State. He releases the ball quick and makes smart decisions but that could change at the Pro level.

I have followed him since his junior year of high school. He's the reason why I'm harsh on Georgia and Kirby Smart now.

Fields should be an option if he's on the board when we pick.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by atlantabbq99 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:00 pm

Should the Falcons trade with the Jets for #2?

or should the Falcons stay at #4 and take Zach Wilson or Trey Lance?

I love Fields, but I do worry about QBs from powerhouse programs don't turn into good pros because they have elite OL for their whole career.

Zach and Lance are ok, and what I do like about them is that they come from small schools and non powerhouse teams and non powerhouse teams produce elite NFL QBs like Brees, Russel, Mahomes, and Lamar.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 8:45 am

I wouldn't pick Zach Wilson at #4 but if it happens, I wouldn't be upset either.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by atlantabbq99 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:35 am

The closer we get to the draft, the more it becomes apparent that the Falcons needs to take Justin Fields or Zach Wilson if they fall to #4.

Kyle Pitts, Caleb Farley, or Micah Parsons would also be next on my board.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by HMFFL » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:15 am

atlantabbq99 wrote:

I wouldn't pick Zach Wilson at #4 but if it happens, I wouldn't be upset either.
Zach probably goes to the Jets.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by HMFFL » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:53 pm

Ohio State QB Justin Fields will again throw for teams on April 14, according to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. 

It was reported in late-March that Fields (6'3/228), who threw during Ohio State's Pro Day, would have a second event in which he would work out for teams. Now we know the date of that workout, and it was also reported by Rapoport that 49ers decision-makers will be in attendance. That group, which includes GM John Lynch and HC Kyle Shanahan, attended Alabama's Pro Day (to watch Mac Jones) as opposed to Ohio State's. Now they'll get an opportunity to watch Fields throw in person, which may spice things up when it comes to what San Francisco could do with the third overall pick.  

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 7, 2021, 5:32 PM ET

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:06 am

This Justin Fields situation is starting to feel like the Luka draft. Where the Hawks were handed a gift when the Kings selected Bagley and Luka fell to the Hawks.

Mac Jones could be the Bagley in this situation and Fields just a few months ago was the consensus #2 ends up falling to #4.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by atlantabbq99 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 3:35 pm

I think a 3rd round pick for Fields is a no brainer, but who here would be okay with trading a 2nd round pick for Fields?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#10 » by HMFFL » Tue Jan 9, 2024 3:11 am

atlantabbq99 wrote:I think a 3rd round pick for Fields is a no brainer, but who here would be okay with trading a 2nd round pick for Fields?
We know what we're getting out of Fields so I would include a second round pick. He will need to be extended.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#11 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jan 9, 2024 2:07 pm

HMFFL wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:I think a 3rd round pick for Fields is a no brainer, but who here would be okay with trading a 2nd round pick for Fields?
We know what we're getting out of Fields so I would include a second round pick. He will need to be extended.

No way in h3ll I'd give up a 2nd round pick for Justin Fields. The kid was not great for Chicago and they are ready to dump him and move on to a rookie.

Last time I checked, Bears were just as dreadful as Atlanta.

I'd be willing to give up two (2) 4th Round Draft Picks and a partially used gift card from Chik-Fil-A.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#12 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jan 9, 2024 2:35 pm

The time is now to trade Justin Fields

Chicago Bears quarterback Justin Fields’ stock has never been higher than it is right now, and if the Bears don’t see him as the long-term answer under center, as the saying goes, it is best to strike (a deal) when the iron’s hot.

Fields is coming off his second straight four touchdown performance after Chicago dismantled the Washington Commanders, 40-20, in their own house Thursday night. Waking up Friday morning, Fields was tied for the NFL-lead in touchdown passes with fellow NFC North quarterback Kirk Cousins (11) and stood sixth overall in passing yards on the season (1,143) — ahead of folks like Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen and Justin Herbert in both categories.

Quarterback play is king in today’s NFL, and Fields’ meteoric rise over the last two weeks puts the Bears in a precarious position, one where they are poised to trade, quite possibly, the first player in the history of their franchise that possesses multi-pro bowl caliber talent at the quarterback position.

If Chicago moved on from Fields right now — at the height of him proving he’s not only an elite running quarterback, but also one who can stand in the pocket and deliver the football — there are several teams that could offer them a first round pick (and more) over the next two drafts.

Atlanta Falcons
There has already been some trade destination buzz around the Falcons pursuing Fields, in light of their 1-3 start and Desmond Ridder playing like a bottom five quarterback in the NFL.

ESPN’s Mike Greenberg said on Get Up earlier this week that, “If Justin Fields was the quarterback of the Atlanta Falcons right this minute, they would be a thousand times better off.”

Like New York, Atlanta is another team loaded with premium young talent, boasting the likes of Bijan Robinson, Kyle Pitts, Drake London and Cordarrelle Patterson on offense, which if Fields was thrown in the mix, would unlock Pandora’s box for Atlanta offensive coordinator Dave Ragone.

The diversity of play-calling in the run game Ragone would have with Fields’ foot speed in the picture would increase ten-fold, but players like Pitts, London and Patterson would stand to gain the most in what Fields offers as a downfield passer.

According to PFF, Fields has the second highest passing grade on throws of 20-plus yards (96.3) in the NFL this year, trailing only Trevor Lawrence (97.4), and is first in the NFL in completions of 20-plus yards with 13 — the next closest quarterback has only nine.

By comparison, Ridder’s passing grade on throws of 20-plus yards ranks dead last among 20 qualified quarterbacks (46.7), and he has less than half as many completions of 20-plus yards compared to Fields (6), which is why a trade makes sense.

Fields would immediately bring two new dimensions to the Falcons offense — his game breaking speed, and ability to attack defenses through the air downfield, something that is no where to be seen with Ridder as their starting quarterback.
WGNTV.com
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#13 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:36 pm

Read on Twitter
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:16 pm

Feels like Fields' value is going down the closer we get to the draft. From 2nd round pick to 3rd round to maybe now two 4th round picks would seem to be reasonable for Fields.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#15 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:41 pm

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#16 » by HMFFL » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:53 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Feels like Fields' value is going down the closer we get to the draft. From 2nd round pick to 3rd round to maybe now two 4th round picks would seem to be reasonable for Fields.
What I have read is that we would swap first round picks, so we end up with the 9th overall pick, we give a second, and possibly a player gets included.

That seems like an overpay for Justin Fields. Keep in mind he will need s contract extension in the near future.

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:39 am

HMFFL wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:Feels like Fields' value is going down the closer we get to the draft. From 2nd round pick to 3rd round to maybe now two 4th round picks would seem to be reasonable for Fields.
What I have read is that we would swap first round picks, so we end up with the 9th overall pick, we give a second, and possibly a player gets included.

That seems like an overpay for Justin Fields. Keep in mind he will need s contract extension in the near future.

Like I have said before, a 3rd round pick is a no brainer, but a 2nd round pick for Fields seems like you are paying airport prices for a bottle of water.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#18 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:14 pm

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:21 pm

^ Where is the rushing yards, total yards and 3rd down conversion?
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:01 am

A 6th round pick for Fields.... wow thats low, but the Bears ruined his growth.

I'm a fan of Fields, but his contract and production just doesn't fit what Bijan, Pitts and Drake needs right now.

Return to Atlanta Falcons