ImageImageImage

Peterson might be available

Moderator: HMFFL

LL Cool Scott
Starter
And1: 0

Peterson might be available 

Post#1 » by LL Cool Scott » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:11 pm

I know we need help other places (o-line, d-line, secondary, wideouts). But, if Adrian Peterson is still there, we have to take him. He's going to be a great back. He and Calvin are the only sure things in this draft. I think we have to take him and get rid of Dunn (my favorite player on the team) and/or Norwood. Thoughts?
NDaATL
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#2 » by NDaATL » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:13 am

Agreed, you don't pass the opportunity to draft a franchise back if available.

Dunn already showed signs of wearing down last year, and he's already in his 30's, that's OLD for a RB. I like Norwood but am still not sure he's an every down back.
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by lpsevier » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:53 pm

Running backs are never SURE things.

I'd rather have Landry, but I don't think Peterson falls to 8 anyway.
FilthyRich
Junior

Post#4 » by FilthyRich » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:37 am

some dude on the hawk forum wanted to argue about this for days but i felt that AP brings the power run we need the most to the team. those 3rd and 1s that dunn failed miserably all the time are a thing of the past with AP, him and norwood could really create a three headed monster with vick. we could even still use dunn but he would probably want to be released after the season. landry is nice as well, but i think we could land nelson in the 2nd round. i hear michael bush is also 99& healed so he could be a 3rd round possibility as well. this draft should be something to look forward to definitely.
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by lpsevier » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:38 pm

Reggie Nelson might not get out of the third round.

If Landry is gone by 8 and Peterson is still there, then sure.

We could more than likely get Merriweather and M. Bush in the second.
NDaATL
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by NDaATL » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:05 pm

FilthyRich wrote:some dude on the hawk forum wanted to argue about this for days but i felt that AP brings the power run we need the most to the team. those 3rd and 1s that dunn failed miserably all the time are a thing of the past with AP, him and norwood could really create a three headed monster with vick. we could even still use dunn but he would probably want to be released after the season. landry is nice as well, but i think we could land nelson in the 2nd round. i hear michael bush is also 99& healed so he could be a 3rd round possibility as well. this draft should be something to look forward to definitely.

True, that's what I like about AP. Not only is he powerful, he also possesses great speed.

Bush would be a great pickup too, as he already knows Petrino's system, and he would've been a 1st rounder before his injury..
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,143

Post#7 » by HMFFL » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:42 pm

It appears to be a sure thing that the Browns plan to select Peterson.
NDaATL
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by NDaATL » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:36 pm

^ Hopefully we get Landry if someone doesn't fall in love with him.
FilthyRich
Junior

Post#9 » by FilthyRich » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:30 am

one thing that i know about the draft is nothing is a sure thing. take last year for example when a day before the draft the texans drafted mario williams over vy and bush. i think it honestly depends on how the cards fall. what if al davis picks calvin johnson with the first pick, the lions pick gaines adams, and jamarcus is there at three. do you really think peterson is going to still be in such high regard. his card depends honestly on what happens in the first two, i can see him slipping.
evildallas
General Manager

Post#10 » by evildallas » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:09 am

D line and O line are far better investments that a top 10 RB. Let someone else pay Peterson.
Going to donkey punch a leprechaun!
H Bomb13
Junior

Post#11 » by H Bomb13 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:47 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love AP, but we need to go less sexy. As Evildallas said, we need to go get guys in the trenches. that is where games are won and lost. If Landry is there, I say we take him, he's the best defensive player in the draft. If not get those guys that play in the trenches Okoye, Jamaal Andersen, or Levi Brown
LL Cool Scott
Starter

Post#12 » by LL Cool Scott » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:40 pm

HMFFL wrote:It appears to be a sure thing that the Browns plan to select Peterson.

I don't know - there will be a lot of pressure on them to take the somewhat-local hero, Brady Quinn. Given the life expectancy of quarterbacks and running backs, and the ease of finding a good running back later in the draft - I expect they'll take Quinn.

Return to Atlanta Falcons