ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Klay for KAT?

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,810

Re: Trade Klay for KAT? 

Post#41 » by winforlose » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:43 pm

xdrta+ wrote:Why would they trade KAT for Klay? Are they insane?

You could add Podz, Moody, Kuminga, TJD and picks and the Wolves still say no. Contrary to what you guys think, the numbers with Gobert and KAT are incredible. We are the best defense in the league by a mile and KAT is a big part of that. KAT is an all NBA center shooting 50/40/90 and rebounds at a high rate when Rudy is off the floor. Klay meanwhile is washed, and a terrible fit with our defensive identity. He literally wouldn’t be in the rotation. Also, you shouldn’t assume the Wolves are looking to salary dump. Our new owners clearly built this team to be a high tax second apron team. You know it’s true because we didn’t salary dump KAT in the summer after the new CBA was announced.

P.S. I came to the GSW page to express condolences for your assistant coach. RIP Dejan Milojević.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#42 » by EvanZ » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:51 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:first, we could never get KAT for Klay. It's not a trade idea based in reality. We would have to give up a bunch of picks on top of Klay and why would Minnesota want that when they're trying to win now? And if for some reason they wanted to do that trade, we would still be a middle of the road team since KAT is a losing player and soft as baby pewp.

You do realize this thread was started last summer right? Minnesota was in a completely different situation, hence why this thread existed.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#43 » by EvanZ » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:52 pm

xdrta+ wrote:Why would they trade KAT for Klay? Are they insane?

Dude...this thread was started last summer. Jesus. People. Read.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#44 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:45 pm

Romulus wrote:I mean, why NOT? With 27 guards on the roster, you can replace Klay with Moody, sometimes CP3, GP2, or even the new guy, Brandin.

In return, you get size, a guy who can actually score at center, and you probably improve the team dramatically.

Just a thought deep into the night.

Klay plus what for Kay?

T-wolves do not need Klay but they do need Kay. T-wolves are doing well so why should they rock their boat?
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#45 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:16 pm

oh, is this another old thread Evan bumped so he could suck his own D?
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#46 » by EvanZ » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:37 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:oh, is this another old thread Evan bumped so he could suck his own D?

God damn you are so incredibly lazy. I wasn't even advocating for this trade last summer. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,307

Post#47 » by xdrta+ » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:43 pm

EvanZ wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:oh, is this another old thread Evan bumped so he could suck his own D?

God damn you are so incredibly lazy. I wasn't even advocating for this trade last summer. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Good reason to bring it back. :roll:
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#48 » by EvanZ » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:03 am

xdrta+ wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

It is. Good to learn lessons like this. It’s the difference between contending and blowing up and rebuilding.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,184

Post#49 » by watch1958 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:07 am

EvanZ wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

It is. Good to learn lessons like this. It’s the difference between contending and blowing up and rebuilding.
Klay for Kevin Love?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#50 » by EvanZ » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:47 am

watch1958 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Klay for Kevin Love?

10 years ago that was not a good trade obviously. Last summer trading Klay would have been cashing in at the optimal time.

I mean...isn't that obvious with hindsight? It's ok, guys, it really is ok to say something would have been correct. There's nothing we can do about it now. But like pretending that trading Klay for KAT...last summer...wouldn't have been a home run is like Fitz-level copium. :lol:
Deviljho
Ballboy
And1: 73

Post#51 » by Deviljho » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:49 am

Romulus wrote:I mean, why NOT? With 27 guards on the roster, you can replace Klay with Moody, sometimes CP3, GP2, or even the new guy, Brandin.

In return, you get size, a guy who can actually score at center, and you probably improve the team dramatically.

Just a thought deep into the night.

Shows what you know.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,434

Post#52 » by SpreeS » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:14 am

I dont say KAT is good or bad, fit or not fit. From Minnesota standpoint: why do they need to trade for washed player, when they are 1st in the west? Is the same like you considered to trade Barnes for washed player in 2015 or 2016
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#53 » by EvanZ » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:14 pm

SpreeS wrote:I dont say KAT is good or bad, fit or not fit. From Minnesota standpoint: why do they need to trade for washed player, when they are 1st in the west? Is the same like you considered to trade Barnes for washed player in 2015 or 2016

Literally you just had to read like two or three comments before yours to see this thread was started last summer man. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#54 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:21 pm

EvanZ wrote:

im bustin balls, relax yo
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 262

Post#55 » by ShayDee » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:05 am

KAT might be tradeable in the offseason because the Twolves might want to duck the 2nd apron. With the new extensions kicking in they will 100% bein the 2nd apron and I don't think the ownership would be willing to pay because there are so many restrictions also kicking in next season, like no MLE etc

The only logical move would be to trade KAT. I think they would prioritize keeping McDaniels, Gobert, and Ant while trying to build a competitive roster

GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,038

Post#56 » by GQ Hot Dog » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:26 pm

How about something perhaps more realistic?

What if Chicago, after everything shakes out, finds no takers for Lavine by the deadline and was willing to take Klay in a straight swap?

Should we do it Warriors fans?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#57 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:58 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:How about something perhaps more realistic?

What if Chicago, after everything shakes out, finds no takers for Lavine by the deadline and was willing to take Klay in a straight swap?

We should demand a pick. We're saving them a kajillion dollars in future salary because they can just let Klay expire. A straight swap is highway robbery.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,038

Post#58 » by GQ Hot Dog » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:35 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:How about something perhaps more realistic?

We should demand a pick. We're saving them a kajillion dollars in future salary because they can just let Klay expire. A straight swap is highway robbery.

I agree although I might try to sell Chicago on a multi-player deal that would send Wigs and forego the pick.

Something like Wigs and Klay for Lavine and Ball? It's still a massive cost cutting move for Chicago.

Edit: This swap would save Chicago nearly $68 mil in total.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.

Return to Golden State Warriors