ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2024 Offseason Moves

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 853

Re: Official 2024 Offseason Moves 

Post#201 » by DevinVassell » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:54 pm

svart wrote:I read a piece on bleacher report about a trade proposal with the cavs

wiggs+tjd+1st round picks for Jarrett Allen

thoughts?

I wanted Jarrett Allen on this team for yrs.... ditto Nic Claxton.

Hoping against hope this team gets some actual offseason size and interior presence.

My kingdom for a real center.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,318

Post#202 » by Onus » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:02 pm

svart wrote:I read a piece on bleacher report about a trade proposal with the cavs

thoughts?

That's steep for Jarrett Allen. I wouldn't do that.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,036

Post#203 » by whatisacenter » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:32 pm

thoughts?

as in more than one?

Swap out Wiggins for Draymond and make it a top 20 protected pick and maybe.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,154

Post#204 » by TB » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:13 pm

Saw some twitter folks (maybe based on an article or report?) discussing how the Sixers may have some interest in taking on a salary for a pick if its a win-now player.... and Wiggins was the one mentioned for their #16 pick. For the Warriors, the idea would be to just have another pick they can package for a player.

I can get behind that plan if it turned into a package for Mikal Bridges or Lauri or something like that.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,318

Post#205 » by Onus » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:55 pm

TB wrote:Saw some twitter folks (maybe based on an article or report?) discussing how the Sixers may have some interest in taking on a salary for a pick if its a win-now player.... and Wiggins was the one mentioned for their #16 pick. For the Warriors, the idea would be to just have another pick they can package for a player.

I can get behind that plan if it turned into a package for Mikal Bridges or Lauri or something like that.

The problem with trading Wiggins is that we’re really only left with gp2 as a good poa defender. Everyone else will be negative poa defender. While mikal is an upgrade in consistency would it really be worth whatever it would take to get him plus Wiggins for an upgrade in consistency? Probably not. If you can add him to Wiggins then it becomes worth it.

With more emphasis on defense idk if trading Wiggins is a good idea. Unless the goal is to keep Klay and just ride off into the sunset and end any chance at contending in which case it’d be better to just take the draft pick.

At least the good news is that Wiggins is being seen as a positive asset rather than one where we need to attach assets to move him.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,071

Post#206 » by CDM_Stats » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:27 pm

Steph Curry wins clutch player of the year 23-24

I'm not at all sure why, but congrats to Steph

Read on Twitter
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 188

Post#207 » by thunderdunk » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:47 pm

Good for Steph. That said, I don’t think it means much. Not like it’s a ring or an MVP.

And no, Jarrett Allen isn’t worth that much either.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,404

Post#208 » by svart » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:06 am

whatisacenter wrote:

thoughts?

as in more than one?

Swap out Wiggins for Draymond and make it a top 20 protected pick and maybe.

Yeah, as in more than one.

And i think it's too much.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,251

Post#209 » by Impuniti » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:28 am

CDM_Stats wrote:Steph Curry wins clutch player of the year 23-24

I'm not at all sure why, but congrats to Steph

Read on Twitter

What exactly is difficult to understand why he got it?

• 1st in Clutch PTS
• 1st in Clutch FGM
• 1st in Clutch 3PM
• 1st in Clutch PTS per minute
• 1st in Clutch PTS when trailing
• 1st in Clutch FGM when trailing
• 1st in Clutch 3PM when trailing
• 50/45/95% Clutch shooting splits
• 1st in Clutch 3PM in a single season
• 1st in Go-Ahead FGM in final minute
• 1st in Go-Ahead FGM in final 10 seconds

What's amazing is how good he's in the clutch and yet this team has been like one of the worst teams in the league during clutch.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#210 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:57 pm

Appreciate the copy paste from Twitter (lol my friend was the one who had all this ready, quote her!), but clutch has been extended to like 5 minutes instead of what it really meant.. when the games on the line, who do you want to create/take the shot?

Want to know how he did in those situations?

So I guess my issue is with how clutch is defined. But whatever, give him the award. The fact that it came down to him and DeRozan is weird, because when I think of clutch, I think of guys like Kobe or Big Shot Bob
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,182

Post#211 » by cpower » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:58 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:Appreciate the copy paste from Twitter (lol my friend was the one who had all this ready, quote her!), but clutch has been extended to like 5 minutes instead of what it really meant.. when the games on the line, who do you want to create/take the shot?

So I guess my issue is with how clutch is defined. But whatever, give him the award. The fact that it came down to him and DeRozan is weird, because when I think of clutch, I think of guys like Kobe or Big Shot Bob

that is dumb man...you do realize that we also have wiggins and klay on the clutch and they shot 30%? basketball is not one man game and teams are doubling him to force him to give up the shot.

You can have 1 player who is clutch as hell and making 60% of all shots, but one player is taking at most 40% of the all FGAs. If the rest of FGAs going to end up with a basket 30% of the time....then by simple math your team clutch FG% is 60%*40% + 30%*60% = 42%...not really good.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#212 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:59 pm

lol who brought up team clutch? As always, what the hell are you talking about?

Curry made frequently bad decisions with the game on the line in the final possession. No getting around that. Now he's won an award based on being clutch. The way they define clutch extends to almost half a quarter. This isnt a hard argument to understand even if you don't agree. Well, it shouldn't be, but here we are
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#213 » by vvoland » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:36 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:Appreciate the copy paste from Twitter (lol my friend was the one who had all this ready, quote her!), but clutch has been extended to like 5 minutes instead of what it really meant.. when the games on the line, who do you want to create/take the shot?

I do. I assume it's not great. Our late game execution was pretty atrocious all season and even going back a few years. Are we talking last possession or last 30 seconds or minute?
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#214 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:21 pm

vvoland wrote:

I do. I assume it's not great. Our late game execution was pretty atrocious all season and even going back a few years. Are we talking last possession or last 30 seconds or minute?

lol me too, I asked for last possession in 1 possession games (to include ties) but I think they have to qualify by time

I just know repeatedly the plan was give it to Steph and pray, and Steph did not make good decisions
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,175

Post#215 » by watch1958 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:41 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
vvoland wrote:

lol me too, I asked for last possession in 1 possession games (to include ties) but I think they have to qualify by time

I just know repeatedly the plan was give it to Steph and pray, and Steph did not make good decisions
I remember one of those last-possession-down-by-two games.

Steph pounded down the clock, then drove into traffic. Klay was open in the corner because his man left early to help. Steph took the contested floater instead of kicking it out.

I understand not trusting the new guys. But when you won’t pass in that situation, there’s a major problem.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
cpower
RealGM

Post#216 » by cpower » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:45 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:lol who brought up team clutch? As always, what the hell are you talking about?

Curry made frequently bad decisions with the game on the line in the final possession. No getting around that. Now he's won an award based on being clutch. The way they define clutch extends to almost half a quarter. This isnt a hard argument to understand even if you don't agree. Well, it shouldn't be, but here we are

of course its team clutch, if Klay makes 45% of all his last shots we would be in 2nd rounds at least.
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/klay-thompson-4th-quarter
vvoland
Senior
And1: 104

Post#217 » by vvoland » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:45 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
vvoland wrote:

If it's by time, I would love to see data on the last minute and last 30 seconds of games w/in 6 points and 3 points, respectively. It'd be very interesting to see if for Steph and for the team overall.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#218 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:14 pm

vvoland wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
vvoland wrote:

If it's by time, I would love to see data on the last minute and last 30 seconds of games w/in 6 points and 3 points, respectively. It'd be very interesting to see if for Steph and for the team overall.

It goes by minutes at the default level. Maybe they've changed it... will find out when I hear back
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,400

Post#219 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:58 am

Wonder if the lakers make a play for klay.
cpower
RealGM

Post#220 » by cpower » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Wonder if the lakers make a play for klay.

sure, klay+cp3 for AD works

Return to Golden State Warriors