Kuminga Sounds Off

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Re: Kuminga Sounds Off 

Post#121 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Jan 7, 2024 10:27 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Like Poole Kuminga thinks he is better than he is.
Kuminga is starting to outplay people and is getting minutes.

Last year Lamb outplayed Kuminga and that was not Kerr’s fault.

Kuminga dramatically outplayed Lamb in the final 2 months of the regular season last year. When Wiggins was out Kuminga shined and was a positive contributor to a prolonged stretch of winning plan. Lamb became virtually unplayable over that same stretch as more teams began playing with 48 minutes of effort and urgency. Lamb was a try-hard. And while try-hards are endearing to coaches and can take advantage of opponents inconsistent efforts over the course of a long regular season and the meaningless winter doldrums he was an unplayable nobody in games where opponents were tuning up into playoff shape.

Before you point to Kuminga's washout in the playoffs, He was inserted irregularly and inconsistently at C instead of SF where he had been playing successfully for the last couple of months and Lamb also washed out of the playoffs, remaining as unplayable as he'd been down the stretch of the regular season.

My eyes said Lamb did all the little things better than Kuminga. Lamb understood what spaces to move into on help defense. Lam rebounded better than Kuminga. Plus minus said Lamb was a lot better than Kuminga.

Kuminga had spectacular moments. Lamb was a boring but reliable player.

But you Sleepy are not expected to be like the foolish kids enchanted by shiny objects.

Anthony Randolph was not baby Jesus.

This year’s Kuminga is playing better than last year’s Lamb but Lamb played better than last year’s Kuminga.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#122 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 10:49 pm

Rapist lamb was UNPLAYABLE down the stretch of the season and playoffs playing almost exclusively garbage time. His season ended every bit as ignominiously as Kuminga's.

Given Kuminga's clear improvement this season over last, there is meaningful evidence that those 2022 minutes would have been better invested in developing Kuminga, than in pleasing your eyes, with a try-hard making simple things that players pick up from experience look like hard work.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,365

Post#123 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 11:44 pm

HiRez wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:Also with regard to the JK+Wiggins combo it’s worth keeping in mind that some portion of those negative minutes accumulated during the phase where Wiggins couldn’t slap his ass with both hands.

JK was +6 for the game last night so quoting the +18 or whatever run without him leaves out the context that the units with JK also contributed positively to the end result and overly likely could have added to that +6 if he had played in the 4th at all.

And he was +16 vs. the Pistons last night, best on the team. I personally don't like using plus minus as a measure, especially for a single game, but some people like to have it both ways, they will call out JK for having a terrible +/- in one game but you won't hear them say anything about it when he has a good one.

I mean, it was against what is possibly the worst team in NBA history.

RPM rank by season:

2021-22 218th of 557 (61st perrcentile)
2022-23 313th of 525 (40th perrcentile)
2023-24 239th of 403 (41st percentile)
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,317

Post#124 » by Impuniti » Sun Jan 7, 2024 11:45 pm

Lamb getting minutes all season and then being the 15th man in the roster the second the playoffs started made me question if Kerr is just throwing **** at the wall and making it all up as he goes. I couldn't believe that was a 6-7 year old vet in the NBA, you would have been confused if a high school coach on his first year would have done it.

What was the point of it all?
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,604

Post#125 » by HiRez » Sun Jan 7, 2024 11:51 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
HiRez wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:Also with regard to the JK+Wiggins combo it’s worth keeping in mind that some portion of those negative minutes accumulated during the phase where Wiggins couldn’t slap his ass with both hands.

JK was +6 for the game last night so quoting the +18 or whatever run without him leaves out the context that the units with JK also contributed positively to the end result and overly likely could have added to that +6 if he had played in the 4th at all.

And he was +16 vs. the Pistons last night, best on the team. I personally don't like using plus minus as a measure, especially for a single game, but some people like to have it both ways, they will call out JK for having a terrible +/- in one game but you won't hear them say anything about it when he has a good one.

RPM rank by season:

And Stephen Curry was a 0 +/- in the same game against "possibly the worst team in NBA history", so what does that say about him? RPM leaves a lot out of its calculations as well. Bad stats.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,797

Post#126 » by michaelm » Mon Jan 8, 2024 1:18 am

Sleepy51 wrote:Rapist lamb was UNPLAYABLE down the stretch of the season and playoffs playing almost exclusively garbage time. His season ended every bit as ignominiously as Kuminga's.

Given Kuminga's clear improvement this season over last, there is meaningful evidence that those 2022 minutes would have been better invested in developing Kuminga, than in pleasing your eyes, with a try-hard making simple things that players pick up from experience look like hard work.

Yes Kuminga being better sooner was more likely to be helpful to the team than playing someone who was never going to be good.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,365

Post#127 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 2:58 am

HiRez wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
HiRez wrote:And he was +16 vs. the Pistons last night, best on the team. I personally don't like using plus minus as a measure, especially for a single game, but some people like to have it both ways, they will call out JK for having a terrible +/- in one game but you won't hear them say anything about it when he has a good one.

RPM rank by season:

And Stephen Curry was a 0 +/- in the same game against "possibly the worst team in NBA history", so what does that say about him? RPM leaves a lot out of its calculations as well. Bad stats.

It's one game. That's the point. And RPM does pretty good job, especially over a span of 3 years.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#128 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:44 am

Impuniti wrote:Lamb getting minutes all season and then being the 15th man in the roster the second the playoffs started made me question if Kerr is just throwing **** at the wall and making it all up as he goes. I couldn't believe that was a 6-7 year old vet in the NBA, you would have been confused if a high school coach on his first year would have done it.

Lamb was plus 32.
Kuminga was minus 53.

My Eyes were saying Kuming grades D D A C D
Lamb grades C C B D C
Lamb the better player.
Kuminga’s best moments were more impressive but Kuminga’s average moments were inferior to Lamb’s average moments.

Lamb was a guard playing power forward only because Kuminga kept on fuc’king up.

Lamb rebounded better than Kuminga. Kuminga played mostly power forward and had a body that looked fine for power forward but he would just watch rebounds drop without taking a step towards the rebound. Kuminga was bad rebounder for a power forward.

We barely made the playoffs. We could not be giving Kuminga minutes he did not deserve to develop him.

The majority on this board are so wowed by Kuminga’s impressive good moments that the blocked out that Kumingawas almost as much of a confused idiot as Wiseman.

I am afraid that Kuminga despite his talent is going to be a selfish loser type player. I think the Warriors run is over so I would trade Kuminga now for draft picks before the other teams figure out that Kuminga is not a winner.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#129 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:06 am

michaelm wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:Rapist lamb was UNPLAYABLE down the stretch of the season and playoffs playing almost exclusively garbage time. His season ended every bit as ignominiously as Kuminga's.

Yes Kuminga being better sooner was more likely to be helpful to the team than playing someone who was never going to be good.

Rapist Lamb was a better player than Kuminga.
Rapist Lamb knew what he was doing on defense. Kuminga was an idiot on team defense but good at on ball defense.

Lamb was plus 32
Kuminga was minus 53
We only made the playoffs by winning more games late in the season. The way the Warriors were playing prior to the last few weeks giving Kuminga Lamb’s minutes would have meant we miss the playoffs. I kind of like the Warriors 1st round victory over the Kings so I am glad we played Lamb over Kuminga to get us into the playoffs.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,317

Post#130 » by Impuniti » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:08 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Lamb getting minutes all season and then being the 15th man in the roster the second the playoffs started made me question if Kerr is just throwing **** at the wall and making it all up as he goes. I couldn't believe that was a 6-7 year old vet in the NBA, you would have been confused if a high school coach on his first year would have done it.

Lamb was plus 32.
Kuminga was minus 53.

Lamb grades C C B D C
Lamb the better player.
Kuminga’s best moments were more impressive but Kuminga’s average moments were inferior to Lamb’s average moments.

Lamb was a guard playing power forward only because Kuminga kept on fuc’king up.

Lamb rebounded better than Kuminga. Kuminga played mostly power forward and had a body that looked fine for power forward but he would just watch rebounds drop without taking a step towards the rebound. Kuminga was bad rebounder for a power forward.

We barely made the playoffs. We could not be giving Kuminga minutes he did not deserve to develop him.

The majority on this board are so wowed by Kuminga’s impressive good moments that the blocked out that Kumingawas almost as much of a confused idiot as Wiseman.

I am afraid that Kuminga despite his talent is going to be a selfish loser type player. I think the Warriors run is over so I would trade Kuminga now for draft picks before the other teams figure out that Kuminga is not a winner.

That's not fully my point. I know this organization isn't serious but if they were, I wouldn't think twice using Kuminga as bait to remove one of the high salary players like Klay and picks and get something of proper value back (a real SF). He used Lamb without developing anyone and then cut him off directly.

It's just bizarro coaching. In the first year, JK was a mess. Moody was a mess defensively.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,131

Post#131 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:26 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:My Eyes were saying Kuming grades D D A C D
Lamb grades C C B D C
Lamb the better player.

W T F I T
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#132 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:18 am

Impuniti wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:

Lamb was plus 32.
Kuminga was minus 53.

Lamb grades C C B D C
Lamb the better player.

That's not fully my point. I know this organization isn't serious but if they were, I wouldn't think twice using Kuminga as bait to remove one of the high salary players like Klay and picks and get something of proper value back (a real SF). He used Lamb without developing anyone and then cut him off directly.

It's just bizarro coaching. In the first year, JK was a mess. Moody was a mess defensively.

How do you develop players? Higher more better coaches.

I think play guys in G-League where they can learn to beat up on guys that are better than college players but not as good as NBA.

I think Kuminga should have been playing in G League the last 2 years if that was legal.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,430

Post#133 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:41 am

K folks....I'm going to get crap for this one, but JK reminds me of a young 6'6" guard that played for Chicago. Watch his back to the basket moves...the floating in the air on the release....his defense. Yep...reminds me of Jordan. This cat is going to be a super star. Book it.

I'll say it now: If the Warriors trade Kuminga it will be the top three worse moves ever.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,667

Post#134 » by Coxy » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:53 am

ILOVEIT wrote:K folks....I'm going to get crap for this one, but JK reminds me of a young 6'6" guard that played for Chicago. Watch his back to the basket moves...the floating in the air on the release....his defense. Yep...reminds me of Jordan. This cat is going to be a super star. Book it.

I'll say it now: If the Warriors trade Kuminga it will be the top three worse moves ever.

How many beers are you into right now, be honest. I'd have to be at least 11 deep to see Michael Air Jordan in Jonathan Kuminga.

Kuminga is Nique.

jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#135 » by jozef » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:56 am

I do not see any similarity with Jordan. Tonight it was a kind of bully ball on weak Atlanta bench. The low block isos are acceptable
but these isos from the middle are not applicable for Warriors success versus top team.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#136 » by killmongrel » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:03 am

Some of you are wildin big time. Hopefully the front office is a lot more reasonable.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,430

Post#137 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:32 pm

Coxy wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:K folks....I'm going to get crap for this one, but JK reminds me of a young 6'6" guard that played for Chicago. Watch his back to the basket moves...the floating in the air on the release....his defense. Yep...reminds me of Jordan. This cat is going to be a super star. Book it.

How many beers are you into right now, be honest. I'd have to be at least 11 deep to see Michael Air Jordan in Jonathan Kuminga.

Kuminga is Nique.

Three. Sigh.....

Jordan

[url][/url]

Kuminga - especially the .30 mark.

[url][/url]
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,171

Post#138 » by whatisacenter » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:37 pm

Jordanthon Kuminga :lol:

I love JK but no.....just no.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,168

Post#139 » by TB » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:38 pm

If we are comparing him to old Bulls wings he is closer to Marcus Fizer than he is Michael Jordan. Lets settle down a bit lol.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,667

Post#140 » by Coxy » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:12 pm

Kuminga is absolutely nothing like Michael Jordan in any way shape or form. ILOVEIT has lost his damn mind and we may need to send an ambulance to his house for a serious mental health emergency.

Return to Golden State Warriors