No votes

Total votes: 38

Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Re: Western Conference Semi-Finals Thread: Blazers vs Warriors 

Post#141 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue May 3, 2016 8:33 pm

prech wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:We need better bench production this game. Portland's bench outplayed ours and that can scary if their starters get in a groove.

Danny Leroux/Nate Duncan pointed this out, but some of Kerr's rotations over the last month have been quite questionable. For example, in game 1, our lead shrunk by 10 points when Varejao, LB, and Clark were on the court together :crazy:

It's tough without Steph's 35+ minutes, but Kerr should be playing more Festus to shore up the rebounding and defense -- Ed Davis is a beast on the boards. Probably should be playing Rush more, too, seeing how well he's been shooting.

I think that 7 or 8 minute stretch with Rush was enough for Kerr. That wasn't good basketball being played. The Festus scratch is concerning, but as some have pointed out, Andy matches up with Plumlee better. I don't know, but I thought Andy was okay in his minutes he played. They say Festus was healthy and I hope that his knee isn't bothering him.

I agree that the Festus would be a good matchup for Davis, so maybe we will see that tonight? I can't recall a home game where the bench sucked so badly.
Sam Lowry Jr
Bench Warmer
And1: 281

Post#142 » by Sam Lowry Jr » Tue May 3, 2016 8:35 pm

prech wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:We need better bench production this game. Portland's bench outplayed ours and that can scary if their starters get in a groove.

Danny Leroux/Nate Duncan pointed this out, but some of Kerr's rotations over the last month have been quite questionable. For example, in game 1, our lead shrunk by 10 points when Varejao, LB, and Clark were on the court together :crazy:

It's tough without Steph's 35+ minutes, but Kerr should be playing more Festus to shore up the rebounding and defense -- Ed Davis is a beast on the boards. Probably should be playing Rush more, too, seeing how well he's been shooting.

I think the main reason why we're not seeing as good of bench production is that Livingston is now playing with the starters and he's on a minutes restriction of 30 minutes or less. As such, that's why we're getting Clark and LB sometimes playing together.

Festus is just a ball stopper at this point , whereas Varejao actually moves the ball and rebounds decently.

I think Kerr's doing fine considering that we haven't seen any slippage in our offensive rating in the postseason compared to the regular season while our defense rating has improved by 9.7. All pretty much without Curry for most of the games. Smaller sample size of course against only 2 opponents, but pretty impressive nevertheless.
OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#143 » by OptionZero » Tue May 3, 2016 8:36 pm

Varejao is a trainwreck on defense and offense. He's in all the wrong spots and late getting there.

We need Ezeli to get minutes and find his rhythm
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#144 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue May 3, 2016 8:41 pm

Sam Lowry Jr wrote:
prech wrote:

I think the main reason why we're not seeing as good of bench production is that Livingston is now playing with the starters and he's on a minutes restriction of 30 minutes or less. As such, that's why we're getting Clark and LB sometimes playing together.

Festus is just a ball stopper at this point , whereas Varejao actually moves the ball and rebounds decently.

I think Kerr's doing fine considering that we haven't seen any slippage in our offense in the postseason compared to the regular season while our defense is giving up about 8 less ppg. All pretty much without Curry for most of the games. Smaller sample size of course against only 2 opponents, but pretty impressive nevertheless.

Bingo! Yes, Livingston with the second unit is huge and why a lot of us wanted a 3rd PG on the team just in case Curry went down. Iguodala can play that role some, but Barbosa is more of a SG in how he attacks the basket and Clark isn't a PG either. Even as deep as our bench is, it still has some limitations.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#145 » by InWestWeTrust » Tue May 3, 2016 8:49 pm

I think Kerr is saving Ezeli for Aldrige/Spurs.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,846

Post#146 » by floppymoose » Tue May 3, 2016 8:55 pm

Clark may not be much of a pg but he is better than our previous 3rd string pgs, most of whom were horrible: Toney Douglas?
Sam Lowry Jr
Bench Warmer
And1: 281

Post#147 » by Sam Lowry Jr » Tue May 3, 2016 9:25 pm

floppymoose wrote:Clark may not be much of a pg but he is better than our previous 3rd string pgs, most of whom were horrible: Toney Douglas?

Steve Blake?
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#148 » by old rem » Tue May 3, 2016 9:34 pm

No game girl?

Damn.....we are sure taking it for granted lately. Well...after the first half of game 1.....why not? After a shock & awe start.. we coasted, with not even a "break even" 2nd half.
CENSORED... No comment.
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#149 » by GS Warriors 1 » Wed May 4, 2016 5:48 am

Welcome back, Festus Ezeli.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#150 » by likashing » Wed May 4, 2016 3:30 pm

Not having Steph made us prioritize defense again.

Right now, our def rating is #1 in the post season at 92.1, ahead of the Spurs' 92.9

What is even more amazing is our 2 opponents are the Rockets and Blazers, which despite their deficiencies, are pretty good at offense.

The Spurs played the Grizzlies in the 1st round, who can't buy a bucket no matter how they are defended.

Our defense has been phenomenal in the post season (except the 1st half of Blazers game 2).

This will be key to this group's 2nd ring once Steph returns.

Steph's knee strain might be a blessing in disguise since even though we have played okay defense this season, we have not played championship level defense for a long time... until now!
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#151 » by Left*My*Heart » Fri May 6, 2016 3:24 pm

Some links to Portland interviews, Lillard, Stotts etc.

http://www.nba.com/blazers/video/teams/blazers/2016/05/05/lillard#
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,901

Post#152 » by 510TWSS » Fri May 6, 2016 3:40 pm

OptionZero wrote:Varejao is a trainwreck on defense and offense. He's in all the wrong spots and late getting there.

We need Ezeli to get minutes and find his rhythm

Exactly, how AV is a + against anyone is a surprise to me. Ezeli is way better guarding Plumlee than AV. Unless he's getting under the other team's skin AV's contribution is to keep the bench warm as insurance against a catastrophic injury to Bogut or Fez.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,901

Post#153 » by 510TWSS » Fri May 6, 2016 3:42 pm

Sam Lowry Jr wrote:
prech wrote:

I think Kerr's doing fine considering that we haven't seen any slippage in our offensive rating in the postseason compared to the regular season while our defense rating has improved by 9.7. All pretty much without Curry for most of the games. Smaller sample size of course against only 2 opponents, but pretty impressive nevertheless.

Ballstopper? Lol at least Fez finishes those alley oops and dump off passes from Dray.
tacos
Senior
And1: 392

Post#154 » by tacos » Sat May 7, 2016 7:35 am

You shall never obtain the Necronomicon!
prech
Junior
And1: 65

Post#155 » by prech » Sat May 7, 2016 9:04 am

likashing wrote:Not having Steph made us prioritize defense again.

Right now, our def rating is #1 in the post season at 92.1, ahead of the Spurs' 92.9

What is even more amazing is our 2 opponents are the Rockets and Blazers, which despite their deficiencies, are pretty good at offense.

The Spurs played the Grizzlies in the 1st round, who can't buy a bucket no matter how they are defended.

Our defense has been phenomenal in the post season (except the 1st half of Blazers game 2).

This will be key to this group's 2nd ring once Steph returns.

Steph's knee strain might be a blessing in disguise since even though we have played okay defense this season, we have not played championship level defense for a long time... until now!

Definitely appreciating the defense. Despite HOU and POR's deficiencies, both were top 10 ORTG teams in the regular season.

That Festus & Draymond combo in the late third and early fourth quarters of game 2 was monstrous. Hope they can keep it up
BaggageHandler
Junior
And1: 62

Post#156 » by BaggageHandler » Sat May 7, 2016 10:56 am

Blazers are 23-4 at home since Jan 10.

Don't say i didn't warn ya'll
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,945

Post#157 » by ducler » Sat May 7, 2016 6:28 pm

rcfc1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,586

Post#158 » by rcfc1 » Sun May 8, 2016 12:46 am

Apparently you can camp in the paint for 7 seconds.
floppymoose wrote:I'm starting to see the value of adding Durant.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,241

Post#159 » by cpower » Sun May 8, 2016 12:48 am

klay is about to take 40 fgs this game..
rcfc1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,586

Post#160 » by rcfc1 » Sun May 8, 2016 12:50 am

cpower wrote:klay is about to take 40 fgs this game..

At this rate, that will be a good thing.
floppymoose wrote:I'm starting to see the value of adding Durant.

Return to Golden State Warriors