ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 44: Sixers @ Warriors Game Thread

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Re: Game 44: Sixers @ Warriors Game Thread 

Post#161 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:42 am

Impuniti wrote:Imagine this lineup with Moody instead of Podz.

CP3 on 20MPG
Klay on 15MPG
Podz on 12MPG

That team would likely be 5-6th in the West right now. Not a contender, but much better than what the worst coach in the league has been doing all year.

Moody and Podz are different but I don’t see Moody as being significantly better than Podz. I a year or 2 I expect Podz to be better than Moody.

Moody has those long arms but Podz probably has the better faster more creative mind like Curry and Dray. Even though Moody has long arms and good foot speed I am not sure that Moody is that great of a defender. I think Payton is a better defender than Moody.

It is nice to have Moody, Podz and Payton if they were healthy. I would be happy with any of them as my 8th man but I don’t think I want any off them as a starter this year.

If I start Curry, Kuminga, Klay, Wiggins and Dray who I think are our best 5 players who defends guards and who defends power forwards? I am thinking to turn Kuminga into a guard and turn Klay into a power forward. Klay May no longer be able to stay in front of driving guards but he can probably stay out n front of driving power forwards. Kerr says Klay can defend power forwards but I am that Klay is strong enough to do that. As a power forward for mental reasons Kuminga is a poor rebounder so we don’t lose rebounds by having Klay defend power forwards instead of Kuminga. I have yet to see any sign that guards will blow past Kuminga because of foot speed. I think Kuminga has guard foot speed. LeBron could not ball fake Kuminga but would starting guards be able to ball fake Kuminga?

I would make Kuminga my defender of guards which does not stop Klay from being the guard on offense.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 460

Post#162 » by superunknown » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:47 am

Impuniti wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:Klay doesn't need to get traded. He could even continue to start. :banghead:

But he needs his minutes reduced and shouldn't close unless we are trailing and need a miracle flurry.

It's much easier for dray and wiggins cover the floor if they have only steph to worry about.

If the other 2 do their job (which they did), the team is defensively connected with dray and wiggins filling the gaps. And we saw that tonight.

STOP IT.

No he shouldn't. He's not f***ing good enough to start. This pathetic catering to Klay and his mountain sized ego is out of control. He is a 15-20MPG player, that's all. He shouldn't start nor finish games. I'm sick of fans trying to justify something that they themselves know is wrong, just to cater to his gross entitlement.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,302

Post#163 » by Impuniti » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:51 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:

CP3 on 20MPG
Klay on 15MPG
Podz on 12MPG

That team would likely be 5-6th in the West right now. Not a contender, but much better than what the worst coach in the league has been doing all year.

Moody and Podz are different but I don’t see Moody as being significantly better than Podz. I a year or 2 I expect Podz to be better than Moody.

Moody has those long arms but Podz probably has the better faster more creative mind like Curry and Dray. Even though Moody has long arms and good foot speed I am not sure that Moody is that great of a defender. I think Payton is a better defender than Moody.

I would like to test that theory out though. My impression is Moody is better than Podz. He would be a better shooter and cause more damage offensively as well. The issue is as usual.. Kerr just doesn't try these out. He's just catering to the old men.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#164 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:52 am

Impuniti wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:Klay doesn't need to get traded. He could even continue to start. :banghead:

But he needs his minutes reduced and shouldn't close unless we are trailing and need a miracle flurry.

It's much easier for dray and wiggins cover the floor if they have only steph to worry about.

If the other 2 do their job (which they did), the team is defensively connected with dray and wiggins filling the gaps. And we saw that tonight.

STOP IT.

No he shouldn't. He's not f***ing good enough to start. This pathetic catering to Klay and his mountain sized ego is out of control. He is a 15-20MPG player, that's all. He shouldn't start nor finish games. I'm sick of fans trying to justify something that they themselves know is wrong, just to cater to his gross entitlement.

As long as klay and kerr are on this team, they aren't just going to start benching him.

If he starts, but not finishes and is on limited minutes; it's a win. That's the reality.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#165 » by superunknown » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:58 am

Romulus wrote:
superunknown wrote:
Impuniti wrote:I also hope MDJ is sending Klay to the nearest airport and sending his ass anywhere else in the league. It's disgusting how Steve Kerr and this incompetent FO can't see that you cannot have 4 old men running most of the minutes in the game.

seriously. they should trade his ass before deadline.

I just listened to a Warrior reporter today say the FO is likely to re-sign Klay in the off-season. That's what both sides want.

Problem being, Klay has already turned down a two year 48 million offer. If the FO agrees to anything beyond that, this team is toast for the next several years.

absolutely.
they need to trade him before deadline or offer him MLE in summer. at this stage he doesn't worth more than that.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,403

Post#166 » by SpreeChokeJob » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:01 am

Impuniti wrote:

CP3 on 20MPG
Klay on 15MPG
Podz on 12MPG

I would like to test that theory out though. My impression is Moody is better than Podz. He would be a better shooter and cause more damage offensively as well. The issue is as usual.. Kerr just doesn't try these out. He's just catering to the old men.

A moody kum wig dray starting lineup is probably the best defensive lineup. I roll with this crew if they make the playoffs. But they need to run with Moody now to build continuity. Again Kerr is not going to run this lineup out there until it’s too late. They need to start now instead of doing the same stuff last year of playing Lamb Jerome until playoffs, and then Kerr goes oh Kuminga Moody we need you out there. WTF!? Get the chemistry with those guys going and this team will at least be competitive with anyone in the playoffs. Had they started the development of Moody and Kuminga last year, this team could have been more ready and actually some small chance of fighting for a title, but because of Kerr’s delay, these two are still developing.

I also throw is a Saric in place of Moody if need spacing and someone pretending to be a big.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#167 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:07 am

superunknown wrote:
Romulus wrote:
superunknown wrote:
seriously. they should trade his ass before deadline.

I just listened to a Warrior reporter today say the FO is likely to re-sign Klay in the off-season. That's what both sides want.

Problem being, Klay has already turned down a two year 48 million offer. If the FO agrees to anything beyond that, this team is toast for the next several years.

absolutely.
they need to trade him before deadline or offer him MLE in summer. at this stage he doesn't worth more than that.

It may hurt Klay’s ego for him to be paid as if he is not as good as other guys but so what. Let him try out free agency and then sign with us for less money because no other team is willing to pay him as much money as the Warriors are willing to pay him.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,123

Post#168 » by whatisacenter » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:08 am

It's hard to take too much away from this victory over a 76ers team that played last night, had Maxey, Batum and Melton out and started a hobbled Embiid. But I am glad they won and didn't fall to 6 games under .500.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#169 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:14 am

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Moody and Podz are different but I don’t see Moody as being significantly better than Podz. I a year or 2 I expect Podz to be better than Moody.

A moody kum wig dray starting lineup is probably the best defensive lineup. I roll with this crew if they make the playoffs. But they need to run with Moody now to build continuity. Again Kerr is not going to run this lineup out there until it’s too late. They need to start now instead of doing the same stuff last year of playing Lamb Jerome until playoffs, and then Kerr goes oh Kuminga Moody we need you out there. WTF!? Get the chemistry with those guys going and this team will at least be competitive with anyone in the playoffs. Had they started the development of Moody and Kuminga last year, this team could have been more ready and actually some small chance of fighting for a title, but because of Kerr’s delay, these two are still developing.

I also throw is a Saric in place of Moody if need spacing and someone pretending to be a big.

With Draymond back Podz superiority over Moody at ball handling stops being important because Draymond is our ball handlee. So Moody can play.

But I still want Klay for offense and I am picking Kuminga over Moody and asking Klay to defend power forwards and asking Kuminga to defend off guards.

But if Draymond is on the floor for passing I will pick Moody over Podz.
Sandy333
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#170 » by Sandy333 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:21 am

tal57 wrote:Well, it also helps when the league decides to keep the game even. I think they had to for obvious criticism to calm down after playing for the Lakers too vigorously. Lakers are floundering and there is no way the league will allow them to miss the playoffs.

It seems warriors players are the worst at foul acting and donot play for fouls. But this league and refs have regressed to foul calling mostly. Lakers are the best at foul acting. It was shocking to see how late some of the folks were called on steph. If the basket was missed, foul is called for body contact initiated by driver at the start of the drive near the free throw line. I
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,403

Post#171 » by SpreeChokeJob » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 am

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
Impuniti wrote:I would like to test that theory out though. My impression is Moody is better than Podz. He would be a better shooter and cause more damage offensively as well. The issue is as usual.. Kerr just doesn't try these out. He's just catering to the old men.

With Draymond back Podz superiority over Moody at ball handling stops being important because Draymond is our ball handlee. So Moody can play.

But I still want Klay for offense and I am picking Kuminga over Moody and asking Klay to defend power forwards and asking Kuminga to defend off guards.

Klay’s offense isn’t needed with JK’s rise. What’s needed is defense to cover for Curry. Klay is not going to defend any power forwards. Wth?

Graduate from the Steve Kerr school of smol ball defense?
Sandy333
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#172 » by Sandy333 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:49 am

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
Impuniti wrote:I would like to test that theory out though. My impression is Moody is better than Podz. He would be a better shooter and cause more damage offensively as well. The issue is as usual.. Kerr just doesn't try these out. He's just catering to the old men.

Agree Moody is much better 3 point shot at this time. Moody should have been tried today. It is not like this team is going to make the playoff this year. Need to play all of players with potential to improve.But Steve Kerr just keeps sticking to what works in the past.
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#173 » by Romulus » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:49 am

How is Curry scoring all these points without CP3 in the lineup to "unlock" him?
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#174 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:18 am

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:A moody kum wig dray starting lineup is probably the best defensive lineup. I roll with this crew if they make the playoffs. But they need to run with Moody now to build continuity. Again Kerr is not going to run this lineup out there until it’s too late. They need to start now instead of doing the same stuff last year of playing Lamb Jerome until playoffs, and then Kerr goes oh Kuminga Moody we need you out there. WTF!? Get the chemistry with those guys going and this team will at least be competitive with anyone in the playoffs. Had they started the development of Moody and Kuminga last year, this team could have been more ready and actually some small chance of fighting for a title, but because of Kerr’s delay, these two are still developing.

Klay’s offense isn’t needed with JK’s rise. What’s needed is defense to cover for Curry. Klay is not going to defend any power forwards. Wth?

Graduate from the Steve Kerr school of smol ball defense?

If we really want a good offense we need Curry, Dray, Klay, Kuminga and a screen setter or good Wiggins.

Klay and Kuminga do different things and they do not replace each other. Yes Klay is less needed if Kuminga is scoring well.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#175 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:23 am

Sandy333 wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:A moody kum wig dray starting lineup is probably the best defensive lineup. I roll with this crew if they make the playoffs. But they need to run with Moody now to build continuity. Again Kerr is not going to run this lineup out there until it’s too late. They need to start now instead of doing the same stuff last year of playing Lamb Jerome until playoffs, and then Kerr goes oh Kuminga Moody we need you out there. WTF!? Get the chemistry with those guys going and this team will at least be competitive with anyone in the playoffs. Had they started the development of Moody and Kuminga last year, this team could have been more ready and actually some small chance of fighting for a title, but because of Kerr’s delay, these two are still developing.

Agree Moody is much better 3 point shot at this time. Moody should have been tried today. It is not like this team is going to make the playoff this year. Need to play all of players with potential to improve.But Steve Kerr just keeps sticking to what works in the past.

Moody did not play today because he is injured.
I don’t know if healthy Moody would have played over Podz.

Klay was also injured and Payton was injured so that left Podz and Quinones.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,834

Post#176 » by floppymoose » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:51 am

I just watched this whole game without noticing that Klay was out. Is that good?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#177 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:55 am

Klay’s biggest negative is about the chemistry. His 2nd effort on the defensive end is totally non existent and on the offensive end everyone feels compelled to defer shots to him as though his attempts are as vital as Currys’s. Without him, guys aren’t second guessing themselves and playing free of fear that taking a shot or driving the line will take a shot away from a “superior” option. The other guys who can score the ball now feel like their contribution is NEEDED instead of undesirable.

Addition by subtraction. Just move him for anything that can be combined with a follow up trade even if that trade doesn’t materialize until the summer
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#178 » by Romulus » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:28 am

Klay has missed two games this season. Result? Two blowout wins. In all, how many blowouts have the Warriors even had this year?

Also, when they won their last championship, they started the season 18-2. Guess who wasn't in lineup for those games? You got it, Klay.
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 222

Post#179 » by sonnyhill » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:55 am

Romulus wrote:How is Curry scoring all these points without CP3 in the lineup to "unlock" him?

I don't recall where this idea started.

Green is the player who both best compliments as well as "unlocks" Curry.
billinder33
Junior
And1: 87

Post#180 » by billinder33 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:32 pm

I don't want to read too much into one game, but on the surface it looked a whole lot better without Klay sucking the air out of the room. On both sides of the ball.

Klay's legacy feels like a boat anchor tied to this team's legs right now. An all time resume combined with big minutes and low production. Like Jordan's last year in Washington.

Return to Golden State Warriors