ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Klay for KAT?

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Re: Trade Klay for KAT? 

Post#21 » by EvanZ » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:47 am

Now with CP3 coming off the bench it’s the perfect segue to Moody taking Klay’s starting role. CP3, Klay, Kuminga and GPII off the bench. Get it done Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#22 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:58 am

Romulus wrote:I mean, why NOT? With 27 guards on the roster, you can replace Klay with Moody, sometimes CP3, GP2, or even the new guy, Brandin.

In return, you get size, a guy who can actually score at center, and you probably improve the team dramatically.

Just a thought deep into the night.

Why do the Timerwolves do it?
Throw a dump truck full of cash and a bunch of 1st round picks and maybe they go for the trade.

I think the TWolves are trying to reach the conference finals.

I want a defensive center but if Klay is gone we might need KAT’s offense.

I hate being disloyal to Klay but Klay plus draft picks is the only way to get an established star back.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,667

Post#23 » by Coxy » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:52 am

EvanZ wrote:Now with CP3 coming off the bench it’s the perfect segue to Moody taking Klay’s starting role. CP3, Klay, Kuminga and GPII off the bench. Get it done Steve.

Not bad.
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#24 » by DaHef » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:21 am

EvanZ wrote:Now with CP3 coming off the bench it’s the perfect segue to Moody taking Klay’s starting role. CP3, Klay, Kuminga and GPII off the bench. Get it done Steve.

And if TJD has a strong camp?? Just maybe??
CS707
General Manager
And1: 6,447

Post#25 » by CS707 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:58 am

I would put decent odds on Klay not finishing next season as a Warrior. They’re going to give him a last shot but if he’s not producing there will be a team that’s underachieving and looking to unload salary.
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 461

Post#26 » by Romulus » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:01 am

There are many trade options being considered for Klay. Heard so many names and possibilities. KAT is just one. Having Lopez agree to come here in a sign and trade for Klay is another.

I really think Moody is capable of doing a nice job taking Klay's spot. Warriors really do need size. Look at the playoff team's that have it -- Denver, Lakers, Boston, Suns, just to name a few.

I'm just hoping the FO is bold enough to pull the trigger here, whether it offends Curry or not.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,242

Post#27 » by cpower » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:08 am

you all forgot we had the best starting lineup in the league?

dont fix it if not broken..KAT looks good on paper but i dont trust the guy to close off games.. CP3 Curry Wiggins Green KAT is soft and rebounding could be the issue
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#28 » by Romulus » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:09 am

By the way, I've been watching old Warrior games. Bogut made SUCH a difference for those teams. A good passer, a shot blocker, a rebounder. He was exactly what this team needs now.

You have to give up something to get something. Klay is replaceable. It's time.
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#29 » by Romulus » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:11 am

cpower wrote:you all forgot we had the best starting lineup in the league?

dont fix it if not broken..KAT looks good on paper but i dont trust the guy to close off games.. CP3 Curry Wiggins Green KAT is soft and rebounding could be the issue

Yep, I get why you might not want KAT. But there are also other centers you could land if you're willing to trade Klay.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,604

Post#30 » by HiRez » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:13 am

gst8 wrote:I would put decent odds on Klay not finishing next season as a Warrior. They’re going to give him a last shot but if he’s not producing there will be a team that’s underachieving and looking to unload salary.

I really don't see him going anywhere unless he's delusional about what the future holds for him. In the end I think Steph and Draymond and Kerr want him to stay, he wants to stay, and he'll accept a smaller (but not small) extension through Steph's window. Maybe 3/65 or 3/70 or something. If Moody or some of the young guys blow up maybe that reduces his leverage though.
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#31 » by Romulus » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:17 am

HiRez wrote:
gst8 wrote:I would put decent odds on Klay not finishing next season as a Warrior. They’re going to give him a last shot but if he’s not producing there will be a team that’s underachieving and looking to unload salary.

I really don't see him going anywhere unless he's delusional about what the future holds for him. In the end I think Steph and Draymond and Kerr want him to stay, he wants to stay, and he'll accept a smaller (but not small) extension through Steph's window. Maybe 3/65 or 3/70 or something. If Moody or some of the young guys blow up maybe that reduces his leverage though.

He seems delusional. Just before the playoffs, he floated the idea that he wants to sign a max contract. Remember that? It seems all he cares about these days is chucking up shots and proving he's a top 75 player of all time.
Arlo
Junior
And1: 193

Post#32 » by Arlo » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:23 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
Arlo wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:Or were you talking about Klay for KAT, which certainly isn’t happening (from Minnesota’s perspective)? My other post had nothing to do with Klay, but since is involved KAT, I didn’t want to start a new thread.

I think Minny would bite our hands off - they have front court depth and get off an oft injured, over-rated big who is owed $260 million dollars...more than a quarter of a billion...for one year of a guy with a skill set they could absolutely use.

“Bite our hands off” - meaning they would jump at this deal?

Yes. KAT has the most poisonous contract in the game.
stjf
Junior
And1: 133

Post#33 » by stjf » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:08 am

I think they should see if Minnesota wants CP3 before the Washington deal goes into effect.

A CP3/Kuminga for Conley/McDaniels makes basketball and financial sense to me.

I understand Timberwolves fans are in love with McDaniels as a rough Diamond they polished, but it’s foolish to lock up a projected $150-160million in 2024/2025 salary to four players (Gobert, Towns, Edwards, McDaniels) who haven’t won anything.

CP3 is an injury risk, but his consistency of performance and overall talent exceeds Conley; who is an expiring contract and could very capably fill the 25 minute backup PG/floor leader role that GSW is looking for. McDaniels is more refined/consistent than what Kuminga might provide on equivalent minutes, but JK’s “potential” and extra year of Rookie contract salary is what makes the deal for Minnesota. Kuminga and Edwards could be an All-Time great pairing if their basketball skills catch up to their exceptional athleticism.

Warriors would save significantly on taxes this year at a marginal reduction in talent and cap flexibility next offseason. McDaniels cap hold isn’t (relatively) very high; and Conley might stick around a few years on a reasonable deal if he can’t find a starting job.

Lastly, it’s worth considering that Draymond may want to be the third highest paid player on the roster. Conley’s expiring is in the neighborhood of Wiggins salary. Pivoting away from attempting the CP3 experiment may make it financially realistic for Thompson and Green to resign and protect their egos.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#34 » by EvanZ » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:34 pm

got damn...it's actually hilarious I thought we could trade Klay for KAT just this past summer...how much better are we with KAT right now sigh
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#35 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:56 pm

I don't want Klay or KAT
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#36 » by EvanZ » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:28 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:I don't want Klay or KAT

You don’t want to win? I see.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#37 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:44 pm

first, we could never get KAT for Klay. It's not a trade idea based in reality. We would have to give up a bunch of picks on top of Klay and why would Minnesota want that when they're trying to win now? And if for some reason they wanted to do that trade, we would still be a middle of the road team since KAT is a losing player and soft as baby pewp.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#38 » by Jester_ » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:53 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:first, we could never get KAT for Klay. It's not a trade idea based in reality. We would have to give up a bunch of picks on top of Klay and why would Minnesota want that when they're trying to win now? And if for some reason they wanted to do that trade, we would still be a middle of the road team since KAT is a losing player and soft as baby pewp.

They seem to be winning plenty lol
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#39 » by Onus » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:02 pm

I mean really we need a big like KAT, Dray should be able to cover for him.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,307

Post#40 » by xdrta+ » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:27 pm

Why would they trade KAT for Klay? Are they insane?

Return to Golden State Warriors