ImageImageImageImageImage

Time to go all in for one more chip or?

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Go all-in at trade deadline or ?

1 - No way we win it ALL with this group - Go all in at trade deadline while dealing Kuminga and others
67%
2 - Solid chance at winning it all - Stay the course and this team can win it all.
21%
3 - Chip doesn't matter that much - Stay the course and keep the core regardless of an early to middle round exit.
13%

Total votes: 24

SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,434

Re: Time to go all in for one more chip or? 

Post#21 » by SpreeS » Sun Dec 3, 2023 11:25 am

:lol:

You guys need to back to the reality. This group is done as contender. It was clear last year in PO and continue this year.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#22 » by jozef » Sun Dec 3, 2023 1:27 pm

They are one piece away from being contender. Starting center...
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,317

Post#23 » by Impuniti » Sun Dec 3, 2023 2:05 pm

DAWill1128 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:If we landed Grant (long term deal) or Anunoby (expiring) in a deal involving CP3's contract, a young player(s) and picks I see no reason we don't win the West.

A closing lineup of Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Grant/Anunoby, Green is as good as any team out West. But we need that caliber of player imo for sure.

No it isn't. That's an old ass team, and this team has been getting their ass absolutely beaten to the ground by teams that are either bigger, or faster, or stronger, or more athletic, or younger or a combination of the two for the past two years. In this fast paced league, you can't have too many old guys eating up all the minutes and accept a championship.

I think it is. If Kerr can't build a defense with Green, Wiggins, Anunoby/Grant eating major minutes plus guys like Looney and GP2 then we need a new coach.

If we can't score points with four spread shooters and Drays passing then we need a new coach. Curry, Klay, Grant, Wiggins are all guys who have scored 20+ in this league and have shot well to blistering from outside.

Steph looks a lot worse defensively this season and Klay breaks down defense on a regular basis. They could bring in prime Pippen and he would look bad defensively with this team.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 463

Post#24 » by superunknown » Sun Dec 3, 2023 2:25 pm

Impuniti wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:No it isn't. That's an old ass team, and this team has been getting their ass absolutely beaten to the ground by teams that are either bigger, or faster, or stronger, or more athletic, or younger or a combination of the two for the past two years. In this fast paced league, you can't have too many old guys eating up all the minutes and accept a championship.

I think it is. If Kerr can't build a defense with Green, Wiggins, Anunoby/Grant eating major minutes plus guys like Looney and GP2 then we need a new coach.

If we can't score points with four spread shooters and Drays passing then we need a new coach. Curry, Klay, Grant, Wiggins are all guys who have scored 20+ in this league and have shot well to blistering from outside.

Steph looks a lot worse defensively this season and Klay breaks down defense on a regular basis. They could bring in prime Pippen and he would look bad defensively with this team.

klay is the worst defender in pro basketball.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#25 » by EvanZ » Sun Dec 3, 2023 3:07 pm

Kuminga has likely lost most of his value by the trade deadline. Would probably need to attach Podz and/or Moody and/or future picks along with CP3 to get anything useful as an upgrade in return. For example, CP3+Moody+FRP for OG. That's probably what going all in looks like.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#26 » by Impuniti » Sun Dec 3, 2023 3:44 pm

EvanZ wrote:Kuminga has likely lost most of his value by the trade deadline. Would probably need to attach Podz and/or Moody and/or future picks along with CP3 to get anything useful as an upgrade in return. For example, CP3+Moody+FRP for OG. That's probably what going all in looks like.

Going all in trading Klay, the guy that eats up a large sum of minutes. Getting OG and have 3 old men that wear down the defense (not Draymond) and are slow, lack energy and athleticism means nothing unless the bench guys are going to win championships in the playoffs.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#27 » by superunknown » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:05 pm

Impuniti wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Kuminga has likely lost most of his value by the trade deadline. Would probably need to attach Podz and/or Moody and/or future picks along with CP3 to get anything useful as an upgrade in return. For example, CP3+Moody+FRP for OG. That's probably what going all in looks like.

Going all in trading Klay, the guy that eats up a large sum of minutes. Getting OG and have 3 old men that wear down the defense (not Draymond) and are slow, lack energy and athleticism means nothing unless the bench guys are going to win championships in the playoffs.

in fact, every trade scenario not involving klay would be meaningless. he is the first one that should be on the trade block, before cp, kuminga, etc. he became unplayable on the defensive end, to the point that even if he scored 25 a game with 50% from the field he'd still be a negative.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,175

Post#28 » by whatisacenter » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:25 pm

superunknown wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

in fact, every trade scenario not involving klay would be meaningless. he is the first one that should be on the trade block, before cp, kuminga, etc. he became unplayable on the defensive end, to the point that even if he scored 25 a game with 50% from the field he'd still be a negative.

+- is not a stat I like but Klay is a -23 for the season......Draymond is a -29.....Curry the best of the 3 at -11.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#29 » by Impuniti » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:54 pm

superunknown wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

100%

The only reason I'd trade JK is because you need a talented player to go with an expiring deal to make it happen. A huge issue right now defensively is that Kerr putting Klay on forwards means Steph is defending the more elite guards and becoming a POA defender, and his defense has cratered this season. Fans who don't want Klay gone but think the team can be a real contender, not 1 out of 14 teams that can "win it", are delusional.

Do you want a chance to win a ring, or keep the core? There is no other answer. I find it insulting that fans want this team to compete and look at Wiggins/CP others before Klay. :crazy: There's also all the other issues with Kerr and Klay that have been discussed ad naseum now.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#30 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:54 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
superunknown wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Going all in trading Klay, the guy that eats up a large sum of minutes. Getting OG and have 3 old men that wear down the defense (not Draymond) and are slow, lack energy and athleticism means nothing unless the bench guys are going to win championships in the playoffs.

+- is not a stat I like but Klay is a -23 for the season......Draymond is a -29.....Curry the best of the 3 at -11.

Klay does most of his damage vs the bench.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#31 » by superunknown » Sun Dec 3, 2023 6:15 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
superunknown wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Going all in trading Klay, the guy that eats up a large sum of minutes. Getting OG and have 3 old men that wear down the defense (not Draymond) and are slow, lack energy and athleticism means nothing unless the bench guys are going to win championships in the playoffs.

it is not even a +/- or other stats related.
he is unplayable on D, period. yesterday at some point in the 4th every body "cooked" him, he literally cannot stay in front of anybody and cannot even be hidden somehow because even when he is not the primary defender, on rotations, close outs and from the weak side he's awful. he's just unplayable on D any way you look at it. dubs basically play 4 vs 5 every defensive possession when klay is on the court. time to move forward.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by superunknown » Sun Dec 3, 2023 6:22 pm

Impuniti wrote:
superunknown wrote:

100%

The only reason I'd trade JK is because you need a talented player to go with an expiring deal to make it happen. A huge issue right now defensively is that Kerr putting Klay on forwards means Steph is defending the more elite guards and becoming a POA defender, and his defense has cratered this season. Fans who don't want Klay gone but think the team can be a real contender, not 1 out of 14 teams that can "win it", are delusional.

Do you want a chance to win a ring, or keep the core? There is no other answer. I find it insulting that fans want this team to compete and look at Wiggins/CP others before Klay. :crazy: There's also all the other issues with Kerr and Klay that have been discussed ad naseum now.

yeah crazy. wiggins, cp, kuminga, others can be traded , but the first one to move if you want to compete is klay. it shouldn't even be a discussion, it is what it is.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,604

Post#33 » by HiRez » Sun Dec 3, 2023 7:13 pm

You include Wiggins instead of Klay because he’s a more desirable trade asset. He’s on a much friendlier contract and is still young. And everyone is fishing for a wing who is going to partially or fully replace his position anyway (Siakam/OG).

I don’t think they’re ready to trade Klay anyway, even if he was a desired asset. Unless you think they’d actually do it, it’s just fantasy. People say oh just trade Klay for Siakam. Well Ujiri isn’t doing it and Lacob probably isn’t either. Oops, I forgot to throw in Kuminga since folks just can’t wait to get rid of him so better shoehorn him into the trade too. Now Ujiri has to give up another player too.

CP might be a little easier to include for both sides but how many teams are looking for a 39 year old as a big trade piece?
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#34 » by Impuniti » Sun Dec 3, 2023 7:25 pm

HiRez wrote:You include Wiggins instead of Klay because he’s a more desirable trade asset. He’s on a much friendlier contract and is still young. And everyone is fishing for a wing who is going to partially or fully replace his position anyway (Siakam/OG).

I don’t think they’re ready to trade Klay anyway, even if he was a desired asset. Unless you think they’d actually do it, it’s just fantasy. People say oh just trade Klay for Siakam. Well Ujiri isn’t doing it and Lacob probably isn’t either. Oops, I forgot to throw in Kuminga since folks just can’t wait to get rid of him so better shoehorn him into the trade too. Now Ujiri has to give up another player too.

CP might be a little easier to include for both sides but how many teams are looking for a 39 year old as a big trade piece?

Any player on an expiring is good trade bait if you use other pieces (JK, pick(s)). The question is about willingness. This team has a huge problem with when it comes to POA defense, trading Wiggins and keeping a useless cone on defense like Klay outside of emotional attachment (which is understandable if it's purely this), is stupid. You add the fact that Kerr has this disgusting obssession with putting out 3-4 guards at once, as well as coach Klay completely differently from others just adding more issues. I think this team gets better just with Klay leaving tbh, but getting something of value in return has to be a priority if they care about winning a championship. Wiggins is needed for POA defense for this team, replacing him with another player isn't going to fix this atrocious defense.

If Lacob wants to have the most expensive roster and crap out pure mediocrity, that's on him if he thinks he can make money and waste Steph's last few seasons.
Old_Blue
Veteran
And1: 794

Post#35 » by Old_Blue » Sun Dec 3, 2023 7:51 pm

OP asks the wrong question. Presuming these bad beats keep happening, the right question is "Where does one obtain a properly fitting paper bag to wear to games?" :lol:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#36 » by superunknown » Sun Dec 3, 2023 8:39 pm

Impuniti wrote:
HiRez wrote:You include Wiggins instead of Klay because he’s a more desirable trade asset. He’s on a much friendlier contract and is still young. And everyone is fishing for a wing who is going to partially or fully replace his position anyway (Siakam/OG).

Any player on an expiring is good trade bait if you use other pieces (JK, pick(s)). The question is about willingness. This team has a huge problem with when it comes to POA defense, trading Wiggins and keeping a useless cone on defense like Klay outside of emotional attachment (which is understandable if it's purely this), is stupid. You add the fact that Kerr has this disgusting obssession with putting out 3-4 guards at once, as well as coach Klay completely differently from others just adding more issues. I think this team gets better just with Klay leaving tbh, but getting something of value in return has to be a priority if they care about winning a championship. Wiggins is needed for POA defense for this team, replacing him with another player isn't going to fix this atrocious defense.

If Lacob wants to have the most expensive roster and crap out pure mediocrity, that's on him if he thinks he can make money and waste Steph's last few seasons.

any player but klay apparently.
it's the only 40+M expiring contract in the history of the whole league that is not appealing to anybody....
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,604

Post#37 » by HiRez » Mon Dec 4, 2023 12:18 am

The point is if you're asking for a star/superstar player(s) in return, I think you're going to have to give up a lot more than a bloated expiring contract for someone on their last legs, and Kuminga, whose trade value is dubious. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think you have to give up some players with real value (Wiggins, GP2, Looney, Moody, Podz, TJD, etc.). No one wants to do that of course, but sacrifices must be made if you're really "all in" for this season.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,462

Post#38 » by svart » Mon Dec 4, 2023 12:19 am

jozef wrote:They are one piece away from being contender. Starting center...

And a coach who will play him.

I see he already developed an allergy to TJD.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 461

Post#39 » by Romulus » Mon Dec 4, 2023 12:34 am

Do the Warriors need a trade? Yes.

Do they have pieces to trade? Absolutely they do. You just have to be willing to trade almost anyone other than Steph. And I do mean anyone on this roster.

Look at the trades Boston has made or the Lakers. A lot of times teams that are tanking want to get worse and want to give you one of their good players. It happens all the time.

This actually isn't that bad of a roster. They've lost a lot of close games because Kerr doesn't play the best lineups. The Warriors could easily be well above .500 right now.

Kuminga is a valuable trade asset. He's not been consistent but he's shown ability and flashes of being very good. CP3 on a contender (where you might have to make a 3 way trade) is another asset. Lots of teams might want Podz. There's Moody, too, who barely plays here.

The FO should move heaven and earth to make a trade that could put them in the mix for a title this year. It's actually at their fingertips.

A second scoring option with Curry would be priority #1. Size would be priority #2.

We all know the names and can debate who would work best here. That's rather pointless. Watching this team, one easily realizes it's just not good enough to be a serious contender. Do something about it or trade everyone and start over. Leaving this team as is? That's criminal. And not fair to the fans or the players.

And yet, we all know this FO. They're very likely to do nothing at all.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#40 » by Impuniti » Mon Dec 4, 2023 4:18 am

HiRez wrote:The point is if you're asking for a star/superstar player(s) in return, I think you're going to have to give up a lot more than a bloated expiring contract for someone on their last legs, and Kuminga, whose trade value is dubious. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think you have to give up some players with real value (Wiggins, GP2, Looney, Moody, Podz, TJD, etc.). No one wants to do that of course, but sacrifices must be made if you're really "all in" for this season.

I don't know if anyone expects an actual superstar. But a player that will be the 3rd-4th best player on the team for Klay, JK and a pick isn't exactly asking for too much for this team.

Return to Golden State Warriors