58%

Total votes: 12

superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 464

Re: Coming down to Kuminga, Cp3 vs Wiggins, Podz 

Post#21 » by superunknown » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:03 pm

you owe steph at least another shot.
siakam not the answer? ok. they still need to make some effing trades because the current team is going nowhere and cannot stick with this situation without making moves.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,604

Post#22 » by HiRez » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:29 pm

superunknown wrote:you owe steph at least another shot.
siakam not the answer? ok. they still need to make some effing trades because the current team is going nowhere and cannot stick with this situation without making moves.

That's the problem, what players are available who make enough of a difference? Siakam might be great, but he has a lot of risks, mostly that he's on an expiring deal and allegedly wants a max contract. Plus, is he the right fit for the team? He's not going to help with outside shooting. Positional overlap with Draymond means they probably both have to spend a lot of time at center, neither is ideal. Giving up both Kuminga and Moody for a few months of a Siakam rental is crazy to me.

And it might just be too late for any players they bring in this year to integrate in time to help. Are they doing it for this year or next? These are the moves that should have been done last year in the offseason. People like to bring up the moves the Lakers made last trade deadline as a template, and they did well with what they had, but what did it buy them? They beat a disjointed Suns team, a completely gassed Warriors team, then got a sound beatdown sweep from the Nuggets.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,366

Post#23 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:24 am

floppymoose wrote:I dont want siakam anymore. They arent contenders with him. Dont trade away the youth, unless its for better youth

Our youth players all have 6th man potential. If we can get a star we should probably take it.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#24 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:07 am

If Siakam is not extended nobody will give the Raptors much for Siakam.

I don’t like that Siakam is a power forward. Need to play Draymond for ball handling with Curry.

Siakam does not put us over the top. I would rather get a guard like DeJounte Murray and keep Kuminga.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,766

Post#25 » by azwfan » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:14 am

I get irritated by thinking like this. Last year was another shot for Steph. Draymond killed that. Steph supported bringing him back.
Now we suck again (nearly a Waterboy quote) ... not entirely due to Draymond, but he definitely plays his role...and again Steph supported bringing him back. So, Draymond and Klay owe Steph. And Wiggins does. And Kerr does. The FO has put the pieces in place. The pieces... Steph's boys, have failed him, not the FO. Now the front office will get the blame for basically doing what Steph wanted done, and for potentially not being able to undo what Steph wanted done. :banghead:
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Nvnervous45
Junior
And1: 91

Post#26 » by Nvnervous45 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:36 am

Players have a lot of pull in this league, especially future hof's with 4 nba titles. The problem is, if you upset them they will be resentful because, well they feel they earned the right to be listened to. If you trade guys like klay and draymond, it sends a message that if you help win 4 titles you're still expendable. Other players in the league take notice on how franchises treat players in the dusk of their careers and might not want to play here.
Business is also about seniority and what have you done for the players who got you there in the 1st place as well as what have you done for me lately.
As fans we have the luxury of thinking about winning now at all cost that organizations and fo's don't.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#27 » by superunknown » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:22 am

azwfan wrote:

I get irritated by thinking like this. Last year was another shot for Steph. Draymond killed that. Steph supported bringing him back.
Now we suck again (nearly a Waterboy quote) ... not entirely due to Draymond, but he definitely plays his role...and again Steph supported bringing him back. So, Draymond and Klay owe Steph. And Wiggins does. And Kerr does. The FO has put the pieces in place. The pieces... Steph's boys, have failed him, not the FO. Now the front office will get the blame for basically doing what Steph wanted done, and for potentially not being able to undo what Steph wanted done. :banghead:

and I get irritated by thinking like this.
I see a lot times people posting about steph wants this, steph would like that, steph would not like that. how do they know what he thinks or wants to be done? are they in the front office? do they have a seat in the board room when these talks are taking place? are they his agent?
having said that, I agree with you on the bold part. draymond (with his antics and multiple times lost composure) and klay (with his stinky attitude after coming back) def owe him, so does wiggins (last 10 months he's been questionable as a pro), so does kerr with his team (mis)management in the last 2 seasons.
but the FO definitely failed him in 2021, when they probably thought the season was a wash and did not believe he could carry the team the way he did, and in general failed him with their 2 timelines strategy.
and now they are doing it again, because even if - and it's a big if because again no one really knows what steph wants - he wanted to ride into the sunset with dray and klay until the wheels fall off, this does not mean signing another old dog like paul or not improving the team on an athletic/size standpoint, or not replacing brown with another top level assistant after what happened last year, and so on.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#28 » by superunknown » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:58 am

Nvnervous45 wrote:Players have a lot of pull in this league, especially future hof's with 4 nba titles. The problem is, if you upset them they will be resentful because, well they feel they earned the right to be listened to. If you trade guys like klay and draymond, it sends a message that if you help win 4 titles you're still expendable. Other players in the league take notice on how franchises treat players in the dusk of their careers and might not want to play here.
Business is also about seniority and what have you done for the players who got you there in the 1st place as well as what have you done for me lately.
As fans we have the luxury of thinking about winning now at all cost that organizations and fo's don't.

I don't desagree with what you're saying in principle. but in this particular instance I do :D
dray. with his antics and questionable behaviours (2016 finals suspension, KD beef, JP punch in the training camp, gobert/nurkic incidents this season, etc.) he basically lost all credit he earned over the years. it's not just about what have you done for me in terms of winning, it's also what have you done for me in terms of problems you created to the team.
so if the organization decides to move on from him, it would be justified. they don't owe him anything at this point, all in all considered they are even. he made himself expendable.
klay. they gave him a multimillion dollars extension when he was down with a torn ACL. ofc they couldn't know he would torn his achillis too and be out for another year, but in the end they basically paid him for 2 and half year to rehab. and when he got back after 2 and half year of rehab, he was given straight away his spot back in the starting lineup in spite of any common sense and good practice. and in response, he looked pissed at times when benched after his poor plays and this year in particular didn't look like setting the right example as his seniority would suggest.
so, even in his case, the organization is even with him. they paid him when he was injuried, they welcomed him back as a starter like nothing happened, they treated him well.
so what exactly other players in the league should take notice of? that the warriors forgive you time and time again when you s*** the bed like draymond did? that the warriors pay you big $$ even when you have 2 devastating injuries that de facto derailed you career?
how can someone in his right mind think that this organization don't care about the players that got them there? in this particular instance this has no ground.

if anything, bogut and igoudala could make a case.
bogut was a key piece of the first title run and 2016 all time RS record, but after he went down in game 5 of 2016 finals (same as klay, he went down when trying to help the team winning a championship) he was shipped off to make room for KD. was that nice? wasn't he a "senior" member instrumental in the team success? to your point, the organization shouldn't have treated him that way.
iggy? in an effort to clear salary in a sign-and-trade with the nets, he was traded to MEM in the summer of 2019. was that nice? wasn't he a core member same as dray and klay? a core member who accepted to come out of the bench for the team best interest? wasn't he one of the guys that got them there in the first place? what's the difference there?
azwfan
RealGM

Post#29 » by azwfan » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:23 pm

superunknown wrote:
azwfan wrote:

I see a lot times people posting about steph wants this, steph would like that, steph would not like that. how do they know what he thinks or wants to be done? are they in the front office? do they have a seat in the board room when these talks are taking place? are they his agent?
having said that, I agree with you on the bold part. draymond (with his antics and multiple times lost composure) and klay (with his stinky attitude after coming back) def owe him, so does wiggins (last 10 months he's been questionable as a pro), so does kerr with his team (mis)management in the last 2 seasons.
but the FO definitely failed him in 2021, when they probably thought the season was a wash and did not believe he could carry the team the way he did, and in general failed him with their 2 timelines strategy.
and now they are doing it again, because even if - and it's a big if because again no one really knows what steph wants - he wanted to ride into the sunset with dray and klay until the wheels fall off, this does not mean signing another old dog like paul or not improving the team on an athletic/size standpoint, or not replacing brown with another top level assistant after what happened last year, and so on.

Um, pretty sure there were reports of Steph wanting Draymond back and approving of the CP3 move. So, yeah, I don't KNOW that's the case... but logic says it is... since the FO runs big moves my Steph before moving forward. But yeah, if you want to go by 100% sure as the standard, then you are correct. But none of us are 100% sure of anything regarding this team except that this team is not doing well and it was prior to the Poole punch (Champs).
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 461

Post#30 » by Romulus » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:40 pm

The best move for the Warriors is to always do nothing -- as we've seen over and over again.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#31 » by Onus » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:48 am

azwfan wrote:
superunknown wrote:
azwfan wrote:I get irritated by thinking like this. Last year was another shot for Steph. Draymond killed that. Steph supported bringing him back.

Um, pretty sure there were reports of Steph wanting Draymond back and approving of the CP3 move. So, yeah, I don't KNOW that's the case... but logic says it is... since the FO runs big moves my Steph before moving forward. But yeah, if you want to go by 100% sure as the standard, then you are correct. But none of us are 100% sure of anything regarding this team except that this team is not doing well and it was prior to the Poole punch (Champs).

You really expect Steph to be like nah can’t win with Draymond and Klay trade them?
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
azwfan
RealGM

Post#32 » by azwfan » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:08 am

Onus wrote:
azwfan wrote:
superunknown wrote:

You really expect Steph to be like nah can’t win with Draymond and Klay trade them?

If winning is important to him. If its not then the FO hasnt failed him.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#33 » by Onus » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:19 am

azwfan wrote:
Onus wrote:
azwfan wrote:Um, pretty sure there were reports of Steph wanting Draymond back and approving of the CP3 move. So, yeah, I don't KNOW that's the case... but logic says it is... since the FO runs big moves my Steph before moving forward. But yeah, if you want to go by 100% sure as the standard, then you are correct. But none of us are 100% sure of anything regarding this team except that this team is not doing well and it was prior to the Poole punch (Champs).

So essentially lacob is paying the front office to do what exactly if Steph is the one actually calling the shots?
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
azwfan
RealGM

Post#34 » by azwfan » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:10 am

Onus wrote:
azwfan wrote:
Onus wrote:You really expect Steph to be like nah can’t win with Draymond and Klay trade them?

So essentially lacob is paying the front office to do what exactly if Steph is the one actually calling the shots?

To run the front office, obviously. Who said Steph is calling the shots? The front office is running big player personnel moves by Steph though. Or you dont think so? LOL. Or you think they tan the idea of trading for CP3 by Steph, Steph said “nah” and they did it anyways? LOL
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#35 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:39 pm

Steph himself has said they'll run things by him but he doesn't help them make any personnel decisions.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett

Return to Golden State Warriors