ImageImageImageImageImage

What could Curry fetch us in a trade?

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Re: What could Curry fetch us in a trade? 

Post#21 » by Onus » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:12 pm

I think it's funny that people are really thinking about trading Steph and ready to start a 2nd timeline, when Wemby is going to dominate the league in a few years. Like even if we were to get the 1st pick and get Cooper Flagg or the Boozer twins are they really competing against Wemby? I mean who in the pipeline is going to be a generational superstar or even has the prospect of being a generational superstar is going to be competing against Wemby and Chet. 7' monsters who can dribble, pass, shoot, cover tons of ground defensively and shutting down like half of the court? And people want to run into this unknown future rather than giving our franchise goat another shot at a ring.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 862

Post#22 » by Dom801e » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:02 pm

Onus wrote:I think it's funny that people are really thinking about trading Steph and ready to start a 2nd timeline, when Wemby is going to dominate the league in a few years. Like even if we were to get the 1st pick and get Cooper Flagg or the Boozer twins are they really competing against Wemby? I mean who in the pipeline is going to be a generational superstar or even has the prospect of being a generational superstar is going to be competing against Wemby and Chet. 7' monsters who can dribble, pass, shoot, cover tons of ground defensively and shutting down like half of the court? And people want to run into this unknown future rather than giving our franchise goat another shot at a ring.

I don't think most people want to trade Steph. The discussion is more about if Steph is exhausted from the situation and wants out, what is the team's recourse.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#23 » by EvanZ » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:09 pm

Onus wrote:I think it's funny that people are really thinking about trading Steph and ready to start a 2nd timeline, when Wemby is going to dominate the league in a few years. Like even if we were to get the 1st pick and get Cooper Flagg or the Boozer twins are they really competing against Wemby? I mean who in the pipeline is going to be a generational superstar or even has the prospect of being a generational superstar is going to be competing against Wemby and Chet. 7' monsters who can dribble, pass, shoot, cover tons of ground defensively and shutting down like half of the court? And people want to run into this unknown future rather than giving our franchise goat another shot at a ring.

Bryce James yo :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#24 » by Onus » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:26 pm

Dom801e wrote:

I don't think most people want to trade Steph. The discussion is more about if Steph is exhausted from the situation and wants out, what is the team's recourse.

Steph went to Davidson, and then to the Warriors. Basically the doldrums of their respective leagues and turned those programs around. We were the worst team in the league in 2020 and Steph wasn't asking out then. It's not in him to run away from challenges.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)

Return to Golden State Warriors