ImageImageImageImageImage

Twist yo fingers! Golden State in Duckland... 7:00PM FSN 1/9

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#21 » by turk3d » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:44 pm

Village Idiot wrote:As a Portland fan I can tell you the way to beat our starting line-up is to send a 3rd man in to break-up the high-post pick and roll between Roy and Aldridge. Either can get past, or shoot over their oponent in a 1 on 1 situation with motion. Przybilla is the weak link offensively.

Play the starters as much as you can because the Blazers bench has a tendency to make the difference in games. Travis Outlaw especially has developed into a clutch player with several virtually unstopable moves in his arsenal. Deny him the ball and force him to move without the ball.

How does one beat the Warriors?

Not to worry, they usually beat themselves will ill-advised 3s and Jackson (and sometimes Baron) bricking 3 pointers.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,430

Post#22 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:45 pm

Village Idiot wrote:As a Portland fan I can tell you the way to beat our starting line-up is to send a 3rd man in to break-up the high-post pick and roll between Roy and Aldridge. Either can get past, or shoot over their oponent in a 1 on 1 situation with motion. Przybilla is the weak link offensively.

Play the starters as much as you can because the Blazers bench has a tendency to make the difference in games. Travis Outlaw especially has developed into a clutch player with several virtually unstopable moves in his arsenal. Deny him the ball and force him to move without the ball.

Yep....I think Blake and the pick and roll are key to the Portland success....I agree with the strategy.

To beat the Warriors? Play some zone at critical points....especially if the the Warriors are cold from outside....especially if Baron is off the floor.
Also...pound the offensive glass....play relatively tight on Monta...he doestn' have range and he's still not a good passer....
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,484

Post#23 » by WarFan » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:51 pm

To add to the above, one of the biggest keys to beating GS is to limit turnovers. Considering that the Warriors get outrebounded and shoot a lower percentage than opponents, it's the turnovers that allow them to get the 4 or 5 extra shots a game to outscore the opponent. Plus, turnovers obviously lead fastbreak points which the team thrives on.
crzy
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#24 » by crzy » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:53 pm

We will come to play tonight
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#25 » by mistatwo mayn » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:54 pm

Wsup Village... I aint been on your board in a minute!

That high pick n roll is mean since you guys space the floor pretty damm well.

Easiest way to beat GSW? Zone... and hope that GSW isn't stroking. I thought a very long-effective zone would give you trouble; I think the teams you have been playing are too dumb to throw a good zone at you.
Bustabucket
Freshman

Post#26 » by Bustabucket » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:26 pm

Omg haha I love the game thread lineup pics.
haschel cedricson
Junior
And1: 4

Post#27 » by haschel cedricson » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:43 pm

mistatwo mayn wrote:wow... when did portland fans get this cocky? Someone stop the season and give these dipshats the damm trophy already? :o

We're not actually cocky. When Oden went down, everybody, including ourselves, expected our team to suck this year. Now that we're doing well, we can afford to dream big, because if it doesn't happen, well, we've already gotten more than we expected, so what does it hurt?

We predict big things from our team now, but we don't take those predictions seriously at all. I imagine you guys felt the same way when you beat Dallas last year in the playoffs.

Inicidentally, I apologize for all the commas in the last sentence of my first paragraph.
Fitz303
General Manager
And1: 1,824

Post#28 » by Fitz303 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:44 pm

Great game thread.. Its been really tough rooting against you guys lately because I root for you after my Blazers, but its such a close race right now even though its still early in the season.. Im just hoping that Utah and Houston dont get hot and they miss out on the playoffs.. It would be a great postseason for me if both of these teams were in it.. Good luck tonight and the rest of the way.. Heres to a good game with no more injuries :beer: ( Please be kind to Roy, hes gotta bruise and we kinda need him)
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#29 » by Hopper15 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:45 pm

Let's just agree to root against Denver, Utah, and Houston.
haschel cedricson
Junior
And1: 4

Post#30 » by haschel cedricson » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:46 pm

Hopper15 wrote:Let's just agree to root against Denver, Utah, and Houston.

True dat. :clap:
shucknjive
Starter
And1: 3

Post#31 » by shucknjive » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:50 pm

Denver and Utah aren't missing the ball this year---they're too good and well-coached. We'll be battling it out with you guys and Houston (who's already starting to look better)
thanks dude, ...i knew well what a crap of a man is "holly"
frsh90
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by frsh90 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:58 pm

Tonight Watson puts up 28/13/10
Randolph
&Curry.
Carl_Monday
Veteran

Post#33 » by Carl_Monday » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:02 pm

frsh90 wrote:Tonight Watson puts up 28/13/10

Is he playing in Bakersfield tonight?
djdamon
Junior
And1: 3

Post#34 » by djdamon » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:06 pm

I think Watson plays 8 minutes tonight...
AND put Barnes on the top of that 3-2 zone for a couple of spells against Portland and lets see what happens :clap:

I hope Houston loses every game the rest of the year
Battier for Gay? :noway:
Coxy wrote:
Time will tell, but my money is on Larry Riley looking like a pillow biting ass master in the long run.
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#35 » by GSWhoopfan » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:19 pm

the best way to beat us...slow the tempo down, play a half court game.

Outlaw>>> Pietrus
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#36 » by mistatwo mayn » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:08 am

haschel cedricson wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
True dat. :clap:

We can't root against the Blazers... they have a sick coach, they nabbed some sick players in these drafts, they play hard, fast.... its like a younger bolder taller warriors squad.

But for the love of god... please lose tonite. Be fair... come on!
541Blaza
Sixth Man

Post#37 » by 541Blaza » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:45 am

Looking forward to the game tonight guys. Should be a great matchup. Good luck to you guys the rest of the season.
crzy
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by crzy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:51 am

Nate McMillan is such a bad ass.

Two words: Joel Przybilla. We can't let him dominate us like he did last game.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#39 » by Sid the Squid » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:07 am

Be ready for Be Right.
Milkdud
RealGM
And1: 137

Post#40 » by Milkdud » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:17 am

good luck guys from the rain ass NW! (well not to much good luck I want a blazer win!)

Return to Golden State Warriors