ImageImageImageImageImage

It's TIME! 24 Draft

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 6,039

Re: It's TIME! 24 Draft 

Post#221 » by Skybox » Sat May 18, 2024 2:12 pm

ORL has the space to absorb just about any player...what would make sense for pick(s) and cap space for GSW?

*or are GSW's salaries so outrageous that nothing will offer enough cap relief to make a difference?

CP3 & Podz to ORL
Cole Anthony & #18 (and a load of cap space) to GSW

I know asking for Podz is blasphemy...but he's not THAT impactful and GSW doesn't really have seasons to waste.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,766

Post#222 » by azwfan » Sat May 18, 2024 2:44 pm

Skybox wrote:ORL has the space to absorb just about any player...what would make sense for pick(s) and cap space for GSW?

*or are GSW's salaries so outrageous that nothing will offer enough cap relief to make a difference?

CP3 & Podz to ORL

I know asking for Podz is blasphemy...but he's not THAT impactful and GSW doesn't really have seasons to waste.

Cp3 has a non guaranteed contract.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,431

Post#223 » by Onus » Sat May 18, 2024 3:05 pm

Skybox wrote:ORL has the space to absorb just about any player...what would make sense for pick(s) and cap space for GSW?

CP3 & Podz to ORL

Rather have wcj, Isaac or chuma. We need bigs that can shoot and defend. Although I haven’t seen anything from Chuma in a long time but I’d rather take a shot at him than Cole.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,273

Post#224 » by whatisacenter » Sat May 18, 2024 3:33 pm

EvanZ wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
I'll trade Draymond if you trade Steph.

Good grief, it’s like Curry can’t win without Draymond with some of you guys.

He had him this season and they are watching the playoffs just like us.

Should have let big mouth walk last year.

If you're trading Draymond you're saying it's over. Might as well go all in at that point.

What was last season? It's already over.

No need to trade Curry, just let Klay walk, trade Draymond for some younger roll players, play Wiggins, JK, Moody, TJD and Podz. Couldn't be worse than last season.

Unfortunately I think the core 3 will be back next season and the following one as well. :sleep:
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#225 » by whatisacenter » Sat May 18, 2024 3:37 pm

azwfan wrote:

CP3 & Podz to ORL

Yeah, I would rather keep Podz and let CP expire rather than have Cole and #18.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#226 » by azwfan » Sat May 18, 2024 3:39 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

If you're trading Draymond you're saying it's over. Might as well go all in at that point.

No need to trade Curry, just let Klay walk, trade Draymond for some younger roll players, play Wiggins, JK, Moody, TJD and Podz. Couldn't be worse than last season.

Unfortunately I think the core 3 will be back next season and the following one as well. :sleep:

Its okay if theyre back next season. Just as long as we dont entertain the fantasy and handicap the future by trading youth (and especially picks) for more old/slow/“win now” pieces.

I think the best thing to do would be to let klay go and trade Dray abd Wiggs to maximize summer 2025 cap space. But doesnt seem like thats something theyre willing to do. Well maybe the dump Wiggins part.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 6,039

Post#227 » by Skybox » Sat May 18, 2024 3:44 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
azwfan wrote:

CP3 & Podz to ORL

Yeah, I would rather keep Podz and let CP expire rather than have Cole and #18.

My mistake…I thought GSW would value dumping CP3’s deal…I didn’t realize it wasn’t guaranteed. Trying to ‘weaponize’ ORL cap space.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 190

Post#228 » by thunderdunk » Sun May 19, 2024 4:15 am

Hopefully running back the core three is just PR talk. I’d like to see Klay move on, and CP3, and Wiggs (who can’t seem to find his way for the past two seasons). I think Steph does benefit greatly from teaming with Draymond. IMO he needs to stay. And no way would I trade him for a pig in a poke in this year’s draft. If they just re-sign Klay and pretend that they’re still competitive, then they’re done. I’d still love to see KD come back. The Dubs need another star who can score 30.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,029

Post#229 » by Scoots1994 » Mon May 20, 2024 12:44 am

azwfan wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

It's tough to find a vocal leader. The Warriors lost a lot when they lost Iguodala and Livingston, I think that's part of why people are so afraid of losing Dray.

Where could ever possibly find us someone to lead us to the lottery if not Draymond Green.

I didn't say they were right, just that it's factor in people's thinking.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#230 » by Scoots1994 » Mon May 20, 2024 12:51 am

whatisacenter wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

I agree. I think, in the modern NBA, you are either on your way up, a contender, or filler. And realistically the only way to contend is to get lucky in the draft more than once. The Warriors are not on their way up, and they are not a contender.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#231 » by Scoots1994 » Mon May 20, 2024 1:01 am

azwfan wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Its okay if theyre back next season. Just as long as we dont entertain the fantasy and handicap the future by trading youth (and especially picks) for more old/slow/“win now” pieces.

I think the best thing to do would be to let klay go and trade Dray abd Wiggs to maximize summer 2025 cap space. But doesnt seem like thats something theyre willing to do. Well maybe the dump Wiggins part.

I'm pretty much there ... the one possible exception would be if it would be possible to make an actual game changing trade and try to win now ... but that's incredibly unlikely and would most likely hamstring the future.

I think what is most likely is they keep the old 3 around until they retire and try to be as good as possible in the meantime.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,431

Post#232 » by Onus » Mon May 20, 2024 1:15 am

Man I really like Anton Watson as a udfa. A 6’8” 2-5 lock down defender who has length and strength. Has quick feet when he needs it. Has great hands and gets his hands on a ton of loose balls and 50/50 balls.

He’s a winning type player. I can see him playing in the playoffs.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#233 » by EvanZ » Mon May 20, 2024 12:59 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
azwfan wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

I'm pretty much there ... the one possible exception would be if it would be possible to make an actual game changing trade and try to win now ... but that's incredibly unlikely and would most likely hamstring the future.

I think what is most likely is they keep the old 3 around until they retire and try to be as good as possible in the meantime.

You guys are all in denial. What is the point of being "as good as possible" if it doesn't have anything to do with actually competing in the playoffs? Why not trade Steph for a haul of picks and do the rebuild correctly? Do you guys enjoy walking the treadmill of mediocrity? Actually below mediocrity, but not below enough to do anything about it. :banghead: :roll: :noway: :crazy:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#234 » by Scoots1994 » Mon May 20, 2024 3:51 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
azwfan wrote:Its okay if theyre back next season. Just as long as we dont entertain the fantasy and handicap the future by trading youth (and especially picks) for more old/slow/“win now” pieces.

You guys are all in denial. What is the point of being "as good as possible" if it doesn't have anything to do with actually competing in the playoffs? Why not trade Steph for a haul of picks and do the rebuild correctly? Do you guys enjoy walking the treadmill of mediocrity? Actually below mediocrity, but not below enough to do anything about it. :banghead: :roll: :noway: :crazy:

Did I say that's what I wanted? No, I said that's what I think is most likely they do.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#235 » by EvanZ » Mon May 20, 2024 4:00 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Did I say that's what I wanted? No, I said that's what I think is most likely they do.

Yes, you implied that is what you want since you agreed (specifically you said "I'm almost ther") with people who said "there is no need to trade Steph".

So, please, by all means correct me. For the record, do you want them to trade Steph and start a true rebuild or continue down this path his last couple of seasons? Easy question that should have an easy answer. yes or no?
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#236 » by whatisacenter » Mon May 20, 2024 4:22 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Yes, you implied that is what you want since you agreed (specifically you said "I'm almost ther") with people who said "there is no need to trade Steph".

So, please, by all means correct me. For the record, do you want them to trade Steph and start a true rebuild or continue down this path his last couple of seasons? Easy question that should have an easy answer. yes or no?

False dichotomy, I don't want them to trade Steph but I also don't want to continue down the path of the last couple of seasons.

Like I said, trade Draymond, let Klay walk and get younger and more athletic. Stop trying to run the old system that spawned the dynasty as the league is in a much different place than it was in 2014/15.

But, I think the FO disagrees with me and Draymond unfortunately retires a Warrior and they likely bring Klay back as well.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#237 » by EvanZ » Mon May 20, 2024 4:23 pm

There's no timeline for these young guys that makes them winners while Steph is still close to his prime.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#238 » by whatisacenter » Mon May 20, 2024 4:49 pm

EvanZ wrote:There's no timeline for these young guys that makes them winners while Steph is still close to his prime.

Disagree.

Title winners? Playoff winners?

Wiggins is 29, JK/Moody will be in their 4th season. Trade Draymond for a Rui/Vando type trade, and Podz/TJD can be roll players. Add a MLE player and a couple of vet mins, that team can be a playoff team or at the very least a much more entertaining one.

No need for Curry to wear another jersey.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,147

Post#239 » by CDM_Stats » Mon May 20, 2024 7:06 pm

Steph is an alltimer, and if there is an exception, he's it.

BUT

Havent we done enough of this 2 timeline ****? Either push for a quick reload or go for a rebuild. Half-measures are how we got deeper into this mess
azwfan
RealGM

Post#240 » by azwfan » Mon May 20, 2024 9:12 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:Steph is an alltimer, and if there is an exception, he's it.

BUT

Havent we done enough of this 2 timeline ****? Either push for a quick reload or go for a rebuild. Half-measures are how we got deeper into this mess

Not really.
No accountability for vets is how we got deeper into this mess.

The decline of hofers was always inevitable.

Return to Golden State Warriors