ImageImageImageImageImage

Time to go all in for one more chip or?

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Go all-in at trade deadline or ?

1 - No way we win it ALL with this group - Go all in at trade deadline while dealing Kuminga and others
67%
2 - Solid chance at winning it all - Stay the course and this team can win it all.
21%
3 - Chip doesn't matter that much - Stay the course and keep the core regardless of an early to middle round exit.
13%

Total votes: 24

svart
Analyst
And1: 3,462

Re: Time to go all in for one more chip or? 

Post#41 » by svart » Mon Dec 4, 2023 8:24 am

i would't trade moody, tjd or podz for a chimera. we don't win with this roster, even if you add a big caliber player if you trade the younglings.

biggest problem is kerr and his obsession with klay and midget ball. either get rid of klay and hope kerr will go big, or fire the stubborn mule already. he is literally on the way to ruin another season. remember what bob said last year being asked about a big? why sign one if it won't be played?

the league is changing and kerr and a lot of fans here are delusional and think it is still last decade :(

this is really sad.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 463

Post#42 » by superunknown » Mon Dec 4, 2023 10:36 am

Impuniti wrote:
HiRez wrote:The point is if you're asking for a star/superstar player(s) in return, I think you're going to have to give up a lot more than a bloated expiring contract for someone on their last legs, and Kuminga, whose trade value is dubious. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think you have to give up some players with real value (Wiggins, GP2, Looney, Moody, Podz, TJD, etc.). No one wants to do that of course, but sacrifices must be made if you're really "all in" for this season.

I don't know if anyone expects an actual superstar. But a player that will be the 3rd-4th best player on the team for Klay, JK and a pick isn't exactly asking for too much for this team.

also because there ain't any superstar available. there are only few "superstar" in the league , and those few are franchise cornerstones like steph that won't be moved. no one expects to land a franchise cornerstone, but a star/borderline star/very good player should be attannaible.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#43 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Dec 4, 2023 10:54 pm

I want to keep Klay for sentimental reasons and because Klay knows how to play with the Warriors and is therefore probably more valuable to the Warriors than he would be valuable to other teams.

But I am not sure that Klay is fast enough anymore to defend off guards.

Between Klay, Moody and Kuminga we could probably loose Wiggins without needing to get a small forward in return.

Wiggins and draft picks for a very good off guard might make sense.

I think this is our last year of possibly winning a championship. Klay, Dray and Steph will be too old next year.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#44 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Dec 6, 2023 6:13 am

One more chip but how?

Waiting 20 years for the Curry Warriors to show up was worth the wait. I can wait 20 more years for our 1st championship after Curry except I will be dead 20 years from now. One more chip with Curry should be the goal but Klay and Dray can’t be old until after the 2024 playoffs and Wiggins needs to care about helping the team win.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,317

Post#45 » by Impuniti » Wed Dec 6, 2023 6:17 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I want to keep Klay for sentimental reasons and because Klay knows how to play with the Warriors and is therefore probably more valuable to the Warriors than he would be valuable to other teams.

Between Klay, Moody and Kuminga we could probably loose Wiggins without needing to get a small forward in return.

I think this is our last year of possibly winning a championship. Klay, Dray and Steph will be too old next year.

Then keep him and enjoy being totally irrelevant as Steph evaporates from his prime in the next 2-3 seasons.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#46 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Dec 9, 2023 1:07 am

Impuniti wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I want to keep Klay for sentimental reasons and because Klay knows how to play with the Warriors and is therefore probably more valuable to the Warriors than he would be valuable to other teams.

Then keep him and enjoy being totally irrelevant as Steph evaporates from his prime in the next 2-3 seasons.

I think Warriors are finished after this year. Even if Curry plays great next year Draymond and Klay have already begun their declines. Chris Paul is not what he used to be.

Looney is decent but nothing special. I don’t see Moody ever being more than solid.

Kuminga is the wild card. To be a contender after this year Kuminga must become an All-star and I don’t expect that.

Podz and TJD look like great draft picks but they won’t be in their primes for 2 more years.

I am just counting the Warriors out as contenders after this year and to be contenders this year we need Wiggins Draymond and Klay to play as well as they did in the 2022 playoffs.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#47 » by Impuniti » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:49 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

I think Warriors are finished after this year. Even if Curry plays great next year Draymond and Klay have already begun their declines. Chris Paul is not what he used to be.

Looney is decent but nothing special. I don’t see Moody ever being more than solid.

Kuminga is the wild card. To be a contender after this year Kuminga must become an All-star and I don’t expect that.

Podz and TJD look like great draft picks but they won’t be in their primes for 2 more years.

I am just counting the Warriors out as contenders after this year and to be contenders this year we need Wiggins Draymond and Klay to play as well as they did in the 2022 playoffs.

They're finished this season, they pathetically mediocre only because Steph is who he is. Their record vs top team is legendary tank tier.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#48 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:19 am

Impuniti wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Then keep him and enjoy being totally irrelevant as Steph evaporates from his prime in the next 2-3 seasons.

They're finished this season, they pathetically mediocre only because Steph is who he is. Their record vs top team is legendary tank tier.

If Wiggins Klay and Draymond get better by playoffs and play as well as they did in 2022 we have a chance to win a championship this year. But 2022 competititors were a bit weak because Celtics and Grizzlies were not experienced enough. This year’s Celtics, Nuggets, Bucks and even the Grizzlies might all be better than the 2nd best team in the 2022 playoffs.

Dray Klay and Wiggins probably won’t be as good as they were in 2022 playoffs but they could be that good. Klay was always a slow starter. Klay will be older but further from his injuries. Curry is still doing crazy good stuff and can steal some games. What if Klay gets hot?

There is no physical reason why Wiggins can’t be as good as 2022.

No Porter and Bjelica but our young guys could be better than Porter and Bjelica.

Will Chris Paul be as good as 2022 Poole?

I can’t count out 2024 playoff Warriors yet.
I made $1,700 betting on the 2022 playoffs Warriors because I saw the 2022 Warriors get their sh’t together a week before the playoffs.

To make the Curry Dynasty equal or better than Duncan Spurs and Magic Lakers we need one more championship.

I doubt the Warriors win the championship this year but there are 25 teams less likely to win the championship than the Warriors.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#49 » by Impuniti » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:42 am

Impuniti wrote:

If Wiggins Klay and Draymond get better by playoffs and play as well as they did in 2022 we have a chance to win a championship this year. But 2022 competititors were a bit weak because Celtics and Grizzlies were not experienced enough. This year’s Celtics, Nuggets, Bucks and even the Grizzlies might all be better than the 2nd best team in the 2022 playoffs.

Dray Klay and Wiggins probably won’t be as good as they were in 2022 playoffs but they could be that good. Klay was always a slow starter. Klay will be older but further from his injuries. Curry is still doing crazy good stuff and can steal some games. What if Klay gets hot?

No Porter and Bjelica but our young guys could be better than Porter and Bjelica.

I made $1,700 betting on the 2022 playoffs Warriors because I saw the 2022 Warriors get their sh’t together a week before the playoffs.

To make the Curry Dynasty equal or better than Duncan Spurs and Magic Lakers we need one more championship.

I doubt the Warriors win the championship this year but there are 25 teams less likely to win the championship than the Warriors.

I mean good luck with that hope, that reads like the Kerr hope. Guys at 34 are 99% of the time noticeably worse than at 32. I said in the beginning of 22 that they could win it, but that was a different team. That team was #1 in defense that year, they're #18 this season. MB played a massive role and they've sucked since he left. Add guys like 1-season wonder GPII, Otto, Belly all being awesome x-factors in the playoffs, and JP being a microwave scorer who had a 65% TS. A figure no player on this team has ever hit in the playoffs outside of Curry/CP once or twice. Your question about CP shouldn't be will he be as good, it's will he be healthy?

There's zero indication that Warriors are the 6th best team in the league right now. All of this is based on hoping players turn back the clock.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#50 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:06 am

Impuniti wrote:
Impuniti wrote:They're finished this season, they pathetically mediocre only because Steph is who he is. Their record vs top team is legendary tank tier.

I mean good luck with that hope, that reads like the Kerr hope. Guys at 34 are 99% of the time noticeably worse than at 32. I said in the beginning of 22 that they could win it, but that was a different team. That team was #1 in defense that year, they're #18 this season. MB played a massive role and they've sucked since he left. Add guys like 1-season wonder GPII, Otto, Belly all being awesome x-factors in the playoffs, and JP being a microwave scorer who had a 65% TS. A figure no player on this team has ever hit in the playoffs outside of Curry/CP once or twice. Your question about CP shouldn't be will he be as good, it's will he be healthy?

There's zero indication that Warriors are the 6th best team in the league right now. All of this is based on hoping players turn back the clock.

In the case of Wiggins he needs to turn back his brain not the clock. Klay often started slow in terms of shooting, so Klay’s shooting might heat up. Klay’s defense was always more about good technique than athleticism so Klay might be able to be a mediocre defender despite becoming slower.

Draymond still has basketball IQ.

They might turn back the clock just enougg to win a championship if no other team is playing better in the playoffs than the 2022 Warriors did. CP3 will need to be healthy in the playoffs which has about a 50% chance of happening.

Payton needs to be as good as he was before Dillon Brooks injured him. Moody might help.

We have a chance. I think we have a higher ceiling than some of the teams that are currently playing better than us. Even when the Warriors were great they sometimes had crazy high turnover games.

The Warriors of the past were capable of fixing their turnovers and capable of playing great team defense when their focus got sharp. These guys may unleash the focussed monster version of the Warriors again just when we are sure they are cooked and finished and mediocre. The were not looking good 3 weeks before the 2022 playoffs started.

2022 Playoffs Poole was very good and hard to replace.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#51 » by Impuniti » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:34 pm

Impuniti wrote:

In the case of Wiggins he needs to turn back his brain not the clock. Klay often started slow in terms of shooting, so Klay’s shooting might heat up. Klay’s defense was always more about good technique than athleticism so Klay might be able to be a mediocre defender despite becoming slower.

Draymond still has basketball IQ.

They might turn back the clock just enougg to win a championship if no other team is playing better in the playoffs than the 2022 Warriors did. CP3 will need to be healthy in the playoffs which has about a 50% chance of happening.

Payton needs to be as good as he was before Dillon Brooks injured him. Moody might help.

We have a chance. I think we have a higher ceiling than some of the teams that are currently playing better than us. Even when the Warriors were great they sometimes had crazy high turnover games.

The Warriors of the past were capable of fixing their turnovers and capable of playing great team defense when their focus got sharp. These guys may unleash the focussed monster version of the Warriors again just when we are sure they are cooked and finished and mediocre. The were not looking good 3 weeks before the 2022 playoffs started.

2022 Playoffs Poole was very good and hard to replace.

How did Klay's shooting heat vs the Lakers last season? :lol: He was so bad he was even being left open in the last few games and managed a legendary game 6 3/16 performance.

Klay's issues is not just shooting better. He is a completely useless player outside of shooting and off ball, and even the latter it's getting worse. Warriors of the past were elite defensively, currently Steph has gotten worse defensively due to age and Klay is horrific. 17th in the league with only 1 reliable offensive weapon that can't overcome the mediocre defense. This is basically just hopes and prayers.

To be a championship team, you need an SG that is good defensively so both your guards are not exposed. Need a much better defense. A cherry on top would be a center that isn't useless (sorry Kevon).

Stop comparing the 2022 season, they are not the same. They were #1 in defense that season, they're 17th this year. Even when they played bad, they could rely on elite defense. This team is mediocre defensively and offensively. People are underestimating the impact of MB. You're also discounting age for whatever reason. Players from 32 > 34 drop off significantly in the NBA. Don't look at Steph, Lebron or KD. Look at other normal human beings. Almost all of them fall off significantly during this timespan. That's also discounting the fact that 4 of the top 5 minutes on the team are guys that will be 34-39. How much do old players get injured relative to others?
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#52 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:16 pm

Jester_ wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:To get a guy back with a big salary we have to send a big salary out.

I don’t want to send Klay.

So CP3 and Moody and 3 1st round picks for a stud guard.

Or Wiggins and 3 1st round picks for a stud off guard or small forward. Kuminga wants to be a small forward. Moody and Klay can play small forward. We can send Wiggins out and get an off guard in return.

CP3, Wiggins and 3 1sts for a center and a good 2-3 tweener. Start Kuminga at small forward and give some of Kuminga’s PF minutes to Trayce

2 timelines failed when Wiseman and Kuminga disappointed. Forget about life after Curry. Tank after Curry. But I am trading 3 1sts to get Curry one more chip so the rebuild does begin until 7 years after Curry. Put to 6 protection on those draft picks we send out.

Become a farm team that develops players and sends them out for draft picks for the 1st 6 years after Curry. Turn Podz, TJD, Moody, and Kuminga into draft picks after Curry.

Genuinely can't tell if this is sarcasm or not

Too win another championship after Curry as soon as possible trading all our young guys for draft picks and tanking and spending a few years as a very bad lottery team is probably correct.

Develop Kuminga into a star wand then trade him for draft picks. Develop Podz and Trayce and then trade them for draft picks.

There was a quotation mess up.
I only wrote half of what was attributed to me. But I agree with becoming a farm team and then tanking to attempt to win a championship in 2035 without anybody currently on our team.

When one championship core retires it usually takes more than 20 years to win the next championship. The Lakers are the exception. Bad boy Pistons to Ben Wallace Pistons took less than 20 years but since the ABA merger Lakers and Pistons are the only teams to win championships with new cores in less than 20 years. Celtics might win a championship with a new core in less than 20 years if they win a championship in the next 4 years.

Most teams have not won a championship in the last 40 years.

2015 Warriors were the 2nd youngest champions in the last 60 years. 1977 Blazers were the youngest Champions but have not won since then.

Kings did not win in Sacramento.
Did not win in Kansas City with Nate Archibald and Sam Lacy. Did not win in Cincinnati with top 3 player Oscar Robertson and top 10 player Jerry Lucas. They last won the championship as the 1951 Rochester Royals with center Arnie Risen as their star.

Return to Golden State Warriors