ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Niners got Nellie clone as offensive coordinator

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#61 » by St.Nick » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:11 am

So Nolan told the media that Smith was healthy enough to start despite the two torn tendons. Alex struggled. His coach didn't stick up for him.

Yet it's Alex's fault for going to the media after Nolan made him look like he was just a crappy player when in fact it was the injury holding him back. That hardly seems fair to Alex.

IMO, Nolan was trying to scapegoat Alex. Why else would he tell the media this lie in the first place?
crzy
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#62 » by crzy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:16 am

Smith was right to make it a public issue, if it's true that Nolan was undermining Smith with his teammates.

He was calling him soft, and there were rumors that some teammates nicknamed Alex "the Lion" as in the cowardly lion from the Wiz of Oz.

That's F'D UP. That's the worst thing you can do to a player, which is to undermine him to his teammates and to question his toughness.

That really pisses me off, and I'm not even that big on Alex Smith.
yehyeh82
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#63 » by yehyeh82 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:39 am

I'm sure his teammates can come to their own conclusions as to his toughness with or without the coaches help...they are grown men after all, I'm sure they had already questioned his toughness when they are playing with broken bones, torn tendons, etc, etc...
Bill Walton after comparing a Lebron dunk to Angel Falls wrote: Now that is a big waterfall and that was a big throwdown
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#64 » by St.Nick » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:51 am

So how many QB's do you think can play with torn shoulder tendons?
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#65 » by FaTaL » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:07 am

St.Nick wrote:So how many QB's do you think can play with torn shoulder tendons?

how many teams would actually let a qb play with two torn tendons to start with?

only nolan, hes ok his shoulder is just fine!
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,108

Post#66 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:31 am

'Niners could have had Moss, I wonder if Martz could have made use of him.
crzy
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#67 » by crzy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:59 am

jrhester wrote:'Niners could have had Moss, I wonder if Martz could have made use of him.

We were never seriously in play for Moss, and that situation would have blown up in our faces. Randy is one of the best receivers in NFL history, but if you're not a winning team, you want him NO WHERE near your players, locker-room, staff, and organization. He'll start pouting and not earning his contract. I totally support the Raiders shipping him off. I would have made the exact same decision.

Return to Golden State Warriors