ImageImageImageImageImage

Mbenga officially waived....what's this mean?

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,107

Post#81 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:39 am

Hey in the article it says guards OR bigs rather than swingmen. Maybe the Warriors are getting a new big?

P.S. I heard Azubuike has already beaten out O'Bryant for the backup C spot.
-bob-
RealGM
And1: 41

Post#82 » by -bob- » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:44 am

one article says "more interested in guards or big men rather than swingmen".

the other says "probably more guards than bigs and swings".

:x
DIO
Pro Prospect
And1: 180

Post#83 » by DIO » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:26 pm

Nelson said that with Mbenga's departure, the backup job will fall back to O'Bryant

"He's been working hard, he's kept a good attitude," Nelson said of O'Bryant. "Even when Mbenga was ahead of him, he kept working hard. I still think he'll make it one day. Whether he's ready or not now, I don't know. He'll get an opportunity once in a while and we'll see how he does."

GOOD LUCK, POB!
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#84 » by turk3d » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:38 pm

DIO wrote:
Nelson said that with Mbenga's departure, the backup job will fall back to O'Bryant

"He's been working hard, he's kept a good attitude," Nelson said of O'Bryant. "Even when Mbenga was ahead of him, he kept working hard. I still think he'll make it one day. Whether he's ready or not now, I don't know. He'll get an opportunity once in a while and we'll see how he does."

GOOD LUCK, POB!

What did Nellie finally receive some sort of a revelation? Maybe some of our cries were finally heard. Or maybe, just maybe Mullin stepped in here (sent Mbenga packing) and siad it't time to give POB a chance since it has become pretty obvious that 100% small ball isn't going to take us where we want to go this season. Link to entire article which I found to be quite revealing:

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_7901850
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,429

Post#85 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:57 pm

LOVE to have Mike Miller!

I would easily include Marco if that's what it took....because Marco's goal would be to play like Miller....

Miller coming off the bench....wow.....instant fire power...
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,585

Post#86 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:02 pm

I've always found Miller annoying, but have to concede he's good enough that if we were bringing him off the bench it would probably indicate something was wrong. I'd be inclined to start Baron, Jax, Miller, Harrington, and Biedrins, at which point we wouldn't even be that small a team.

That being said, I can't imagine Memphis would let Miller go that cheaply.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,613

Post#87 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:18 pm

After reading Nellie's quotes I'm holding out some minor optimism for Obee.

But knowing Nellie smokescreens are as plausible as anything else. He said he will find SOME SPOTS TO USE HIM. But how often will that be?

Answer: If Biedrins fouls out he might play.

I'll believe it when I see it. My fingers are forever crossed.

As for what or who might be coming? Well Mike miller would be great, but Memphis has been playing better and I think this is their evaluation year, and the trio of Miller, Gasol, and Gay is a good one. Add to that Mike Conley and Juan Carlos, then they've got some solid building blocks. Doubt Millers going anywhere unless it's for a really good young up and comer.

What's more plausible is Damon Stoudemire and Warrick. Stoudemire is one of the contracts they want to deal and Warrick is the bait for teams to deal. I can definitely envision a deal for those 2 as one of our options.

Damon gives us a legit back-up point guard. Warrick gives us a bigger Pietrus. He can actually play both SF/PF and rebound better than Petey. The question is, who goes with Pete. Kosta maybe. Obee more likely, but his status is more questionable. Kosta actually makes more sense for them, but Obee has more upside.

If we go cheap then the D-league tandem of CJ Watson and Rod Benson would be the way I go. Both players fit our style and both are dominating their positions. Something that you look for in a possible call-up.

Hopefully Nellie is forced to finally see if Obee can pull his weight. The fact that nellie has said he's working hard is something we haven't heard coming directly out of his mouth ever. He also stated that he thinks he'll make it. Wow!

Whatever happens, it looks like help is on the way.

What took so long?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Sleepy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 68
Location: The Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt.

Post#88 » by Sleepy » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:29 pm

turk3d
RealGM

Post#89 » by turk3d » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:04 am

Very funny stuff. You'd aqlmost think we just cut Shaq according to some of those guys. Thanks.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,107

Post#90 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:54 am

Knicks are gonna get MBENGA'D!
-bob-
RealGM
And1: 41

Post#91 » by -bob- » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:03 am

I've seen Mbenga threads on like 5 or 6 different mboards atleast. lol
turk3d
RealGM

Post#92 » by turk3d » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:19 am

-bob- wrote:I've seen Mbenga threads on like 5 or 6 different mboards atleast. lol

Hey Bob, I think you ought to keep his avator just as a memorium.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,585

Post#93 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:48 am

turk3d wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hey Bob, I think you ought to keep his avator just as a memorium.

I'm going to be pretty disappointed if that avatar goes away. Quite frankly.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
turk3d
RealGM

Post#94 » by turk3d » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:01 am

Mbenga's the Mbomb!

Return to Golden State Warriors