Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1281 » by RoyalMajesty » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:45 pm

Coxy wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:How about Brandon Bass? He's a veteran PF that's only going to be 30-years-old, very durable throughout his career, has a very reliable midrange, would be great with Shaun Livingston in the pick-n-pop plays, he's a hell of a FT shooter for a PF, and shouldn't cost too much money. My biggest issue with him is his rebounding.

Speights plays that exact role for us.

Speights is a center to me. He's too slow to defend PFs and let's face it, his best defense is drawing offensive fouls anyways. His motor is not always there as well so if you put him at PF, be prepare for the other team PFs to drive by Speights AND Speights making silly fouls, but if you put him at C, he's in a little box where he's quick enough to roll over and draw a offensive foul and rebound. On the offensive end where's good at shooting the midrange on the pick-and-pop plays, he's a nightmare matchup for centers and get the centers to stay out on the perimeter for guys like Andre Iguodala, Shaun Livingston, and Leandro Barbosa to drive to the basket.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Free Agent Talk 

Post#1282 » by ChuckDurn » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:14 pm

Kuya wrote:We should offer a max offer sheet to Kawhi just for the hell of it

Impossible, given our current salary situation. I can't remember what exception(s) if any we have, but even those are very minimal. Barring a massive salary-shedding deal or two, we can't offer any free agents any "real" money.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#1283 » by RoyalMajesty » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:14 pm

Kuya wrote:We should offer a max offer sheet to Kawhi just for the hell of it

Currently, we can't b/c we don't have the cap space to sign him to a max deal, but somebody else will. Then the Spurs will have no choice, but to match and sign Kawhi Leonard to a max deal. Man oh man can you imagine this lineup:

PG=Stephen Curry
SG=Klay Thompson
PF=Draymond Green
SF=Kawhi Leonard
C=Andrew Bogut

Teams are going to have a long night trying to score on us. The only way we can offer Kawhi Leonard a max contract is to:

1) Trade SG/SF-Andre Iguodala for a 2015 2nd Round Pick where we don't get any contracts coming back.
2) Trade SG/SF-Andre Iguodala for a player or a bunch of players that can be waive or their team-options can be decline.
3) Trade PF-David Lee and our 2015 1st Round Pick #30 to a team with some salary space like the Orlando Magic, Detroit Pistons, New York Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers, or whoever else for a 2015 2nd Round Pick.
4) Trade PF-David Lee and our 2015 1st Round Pick #30 to a team with some salary space like the Orlando Magic, Detroit Pistons, New York Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers, or whoever else for a player or a bunch of players that can be waive or their team-option can be decline.
5) Trade PG-Shaun Livingston for a 2015 2nd Round Pick where we don't get any contracts coming back.
6) Trade PG-Shaun Livingston for a player or a bunch of players that can be waive or their team-options can be decline.

The team salary cap would be at $46,024,896 before we resign PF-Draymond Green and pick up the team-option on C-Marreese Speights that's if we can trade PG-Shaun Livingston, SG/SF-Andre Iguodala, and PF-David Lee. I think both PG-Shaun Livingston and SG/SF-Andre Iguodala are tradable because both players still have value especially Andre Iguodala. A lot of teams are looking for a starting quality SF that can play at a high level of defense and Andre Iguodala is that player even though he's on a overpaid contract, but it's not toooooooo bad. Also, a lot of teams are looking for a quality backup PG that can run the offense and Shaun Livingston is that player while also being on a reasonable contract.

The biggest problem for the Warriors is finding a team that can take David Lee and his expiring contract off our hands. He's going to be 32-years-old with injury problems, a defensive liability, a broken down jumper that looks like it's not fixable, and a heart of a roach. If the salary cap is projected to be $66.3 mil next season, the Warriors would have almost $17 mil of cap space to go after Kawhi Leonard before resigning Draymond Green that's if they can get rid of Shaun Livingston, Andre Iguodala, and David Lee, but Kawhi Leonard is a restricted free agent, which means the Spurs are not going to give Kawhi Leonard away for free without getting something in return if they choose not to have him on the Spurs on a max contract b/c he's already a good player, still young, a Defensive Player of the Year winner, 2014 NBA Finals MVP, and is one of the best 2 way basketball player in the game no matter what position. The Spurs are not stupid enough to not match some other team's offer for Kawhi Leonard and let him leave San Antonio empty handed.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#1284 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:54 pm

My question before thinking of possibilities to strengthen the roster: Can Draymond be as effective shifting to playing SF going forward? I just don't know how he'll battle against bigger, stronger, and quicker PFs in the playoffs. He's had trouble with Z-Bo's girth as it is, so I'd like to see us get a 2-way PF (if possible) when Lee's, Bogut's and Iggy's contracts are up.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#1285 » by Quazza » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:38 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:My question before thinking of possibilities to strengthen the roster: Can Draymond be as effective shifting to playing SF going forward? I just don't know how he'll battle against bigger, stronger, and quicker PFs in the playoffs. He's had trouble with Z-Bo's girth as it is, so I'd like to see us get a 2-way PF (if possible) when Lee's, Bogut's and Iggy's contracts are up.

Didn't Draymond pretty much eat ZBo alive last time they met ?
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#1286 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:25 am

Quazza wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:My question before thinking of possibilities to strengthen the roster: Can Draymond be as effective shifting to playing SF going forward? I just don't know how he'll battle against bigger, stronger, and quicker PFs in the playoffs. He's had trouble with Z-Bo's girth as it is, so I'd like to see us get a 2-way PF (if possible) when Lee's, Bogut's and Iggy's contracts are up.

I guess it was the first game they played back in November or December. Just remembered Z-Bo bullying Green the whole game (he got a double-double, I think). But, you're right: Looked like Z-Bo had issues the past 2 meetings as Draymond's length gave him no room to operate in the paint (which led to offensive fouls).
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#1287 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:08 am

I actually like Draymond at PF. At PF, he can give PFs difficulties with his ability to beat them off the dribble, stretch the floor especially on the pick-and-roll plays, and out running them. At SF, the opponent SFs are quick enough to defend him on the perimeter, stay on him when he dribbles, and give him hell when he dries to attack the basket because they are quick enough to draw offensive fouls.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#1288 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:08 am

Sup foolios. I think we should find a new 3rd center this offseason, someone who can develop into a starter for when Bogut is done, suffers another catastrophic injury or is too hobbled by accumulated injuries to continue as our starter. I think Kuzmic is too plodding to ever be a starter on a good team and Ezeli doesn't have the stature to be a top tier rim protector. I want Ezeli around, don't get me wrong, but I think he figures to be a fantastic reserve only.

Enter Alexis Ajinca. He's only 26 and with a 7'9 wingspan(wow) and 9'4 standing reach(pretty wow) he's got all the measurements of an outstanding rim protector. Monty Williams is a big dummy and didn't know how to use this guy and as an unrestricted FA who didn't get a lot of minutes we should be able to get him for a midlevel exception sort of salary. Let him apprentice behind Bogut for a couple years and I think he could mature into our next great pain defender. He's my 3rd favorite French center after Noah and Gobert. Bring him on!
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#1289 » by East Bay Sports » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:02 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
Quazza wrote:

I guess it was the first game they played back in November or December. Just remembered Z-Bo bullying Green the whole game (he got a double-double, I think). But, you're right: Looked like Z-Bo had issues the past 2 meetings as Draymond's length gave him no room to operate in the paint (which led to offensive fouls).

Last time we played Memphis Kerr had Bogut on Z-Bo and Draymond on Gasol. Worked like a charm as Z-Bo wants to post, Bogut won't let him and Gasol doesn't want to post (would rather operate from the elbow initiating the offense) but he was sort of forced into trying to post to take advantage of Draymond. That was the game we blew them away in 3 quarters and their bench nearly came back in the 4th. Gasol and Randolph both shot 3-7 against their new defensive match ups.

Works so much better than Dray on Z-Bo. Randolph is one guy who likes to try and overpower Dray. Not that I recall him ever completely dominating Draymond, but for our defensive scheme it is better to not have Bogut chasing Gasol to the elbow shooting mid range.

RoyalMajesty wrote:
Coxy wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:How about Brandon Bass? He's a veteran PF that's only going to be 30-years-old, very durable throughout his career, has a very reliable midrange, would be great with Shaun Livingston in the pick-n-pop plays, he's a hell of a FT shooter for a PF, and shouldn't cost too much money. My biggest issue with him is his rebounding.

Speights plays that exact role for us.

Speights is a center to me. He's too slow to defend PFs and let's face it, his best defense is drawing offensive fouls anyways. His motor is not always there as well so if you put him at PF, be prepare for the other team PFs to drive by Speights AND Speights making silly fouls, but if you put him at C, he's in a little box where he's quick enough to roll over and draw a offensive foul and rebound. On the offensive end where's good at shooting the midrange on the pick-and-pop plays, he's a nightmare matchup for centers and get the centers to stay out on the perimeter for guys like Andre Iguodala, Shaun Livingston, and Leandro Barbosa to drive to the basket.

Speights can play some 4, just depends on the match up. For instance I really like lineups consisting of Speights playing with Bogut or Ezeli against a Memphis front line because they don't have stretch 4s they have guys who want to post you up.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1290 » by Mylie10 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:04 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:Sup foolios. I think we should find a new 3rd center this offseason, someone who can develop into a starter for when Bogut is done, suffers another catastrophic injury or is too hobbled by accumulated injuries to continue as our starter. I think Kuzmic is too plodding to ever be a starter on a good team and Ezeli doesn't have the stature to be a top tier rim protector. I want Ezeli around, don't get me wrong, but I think he figures to be a fantastic reserve only.

Enter Alexis Ajinca. He's only 26 and with a 7'9 wingspan(wow) and 9'4 standing reach(pretty wow) he's got all the measurements of an outstanding rim protector. Monty Williams is a big dummy and didn't know how to use this guy and as an unrestricted FA who didn't get a lot of minutes we should be able to get him for a midlevel exception sort of salary. Let him apprentice behind Bogut for a couple years and I think he could mature into our next great pain defender. He's my 3rd favorite French center after Noah and Gobert. Bring him on!

I think you're overreacting Ajinca...who is not near Gobert as a player.....Festus is big and strong and I take him over Ajince ten out of ten times. And Festus is no joke in the wing span department. 7'6".

What I want for next season is a bench sharp shooter.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#1291 » by Onus » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm

Ajinca was on our team in training camp a few years ago. He's too slow to be Gobert-like
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#1292 » by Coxy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Is Greg Oden officially finished? Could he still develop along side Bogut?
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#1293 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:28 pm

Coxy wrote:Is Greg Oden officially finished? Could he still develop along side Bogut?

He's too busy hitting women and busting his knees while walking to the bathroom. No thanks on Greg Oden.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#1294 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:55 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I think you're overreacting Ajinca...who is not near Gobert as a player.....Festus is big and strong and I take him over Ajince ten out of ten times. And Festus is no joke in the wing span department. 7'6".

I'm not saying get rid of Festus, I like him and want him around but there's nothing wrong with depth when your two other centers have shown to be a bit injury prone. And clearly Ajinca is not Gobert, I wasn't saying that.

As for a bench sharp shooter, I want Joe Young out of Oregon in this year's draft. I would be pleased with Young and Ajinca in the offseason and maybe another rugged PF if we can turn pick #30 into two 2nd rounders.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#1295 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:23 am

Mylie10 wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:Sup foolios. I think we should find a new 3rd center this offseason, someone who can develop into a starter for when Bogut is done, suffers another catastrophic injury or is too hobbled by accumulated injuries to continue as our starter. I think Kuzmic is too plodding to ever be a starter on a good team and Ezeli doesn't have the stature to be a top tier rim protector. I want Ezeli around, don't get me wrong, but I think he figures to be a fantastic reserve only.

I think you're overreacting Ajinca...who is not near Gobert as a player.....Festus is big and strong and I take him over Ajince ten out of ten times. And Festus is no joke in the wing span department. 7'6".

Joseph Young from Oregon or Tyler Harvey from Eastern Washington. They both are sharp shooters, scorers, can handle the rock, can create for their own, and will be in the 2nd Round of the 2015 NBA Draft. I got those two ranked higher over Michael Frazier II from Florida. I'm hoping Joe Lacob can buy a 2015 2nd Round Pick and let Jerry West, Bob Myers, and the rest of the people in the front office pick who they like more out of Joseph Young or Tyler Harvey.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#1296 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:28 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:I think you're overreacting Ajinca...who is not near Gobert as a player.....Festus is big and strong and I take him over Ajince ten out of ten times. And Festus is no joke in the wing span department. 7'6".

I'm not saying get rid of Festus, I like him and want him around but there's nothing wrong with depth when your two other centers have shown to be a bit injury prone. And clearly Ajinca is not Gobert, I wasn't saying that.

As for a bench sharp shooter, I want Joe Young out of Oregon in this year's draft. I would be pleased with Young and Ajinca in the offseason and maybe another rugged PF if we can turn pick #30 into two 2nd rounders.

I like Tyler Harvey from Eastern Washington just as much as I like Joseph Young from Oregon. Both are sharp shooters, scorers, can handle the rock, can create for their own, and will be in the 2nd Round of the 2015 NBA Draft.

Two PFs I like in the 2nd Round of the 2015 NBA Draft: Richaun Holmes from Bowling Green and Alan Williams from UC Santa Barbara.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#1297 » by turk3d » Fri May 1, 2015 6:52 pm

Here's a good one: According to Mchal Thompson (yeah, Klay's dad who's an announcer in LA) the Dubs are going to make a hard push for Durant in 2016 according to a solid "Bay Area Source". What do you think of that one? I know that several of our posters have been saying the same thing for a while. I think we could (and should) makie a push for Love next year buy low) since I think his days in Cleveland may be short lived.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
MightyReds2020
Analyst
And1: 12

Post#1298 » by MightyReds2020 » Fri May 1, 2015 8:44 pm

Yeah, I also think 29 teams will try very hard to steal Durant away from OKC. Dumb quote that means nothing.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#1299 » by Coxy » Fri May 1, 2015 10:38 pm

turk3d wrote:Here's a good one: According to Mchal Thompson (yeah, Klay's dad who's an announcer in LA) the Dubs are going to make a hard push for Durant in 2016 according to a solid "Bay Area Source". What do you think of that one? I know that several of our posters have been saying the same thing for a while. I think we could (and should) makie a push for Love next year buy low) since I think his days in Cleveland may be short lived.

After the emergence of Dray Green as PF, Kevin Love and a max contract attached is the last thing the Warriors need/want now.
Senchu
Sixth Man
And1: 400

Post#1300 » by Senchu » Sat May 2, 2015 12:01 am

Mylie10 wrote:my first priority is for a sharp shooter off the bench.

Danny Green is also UFA this ofseason. With spurs maxing kwahi, going after LMA, givingout contracts to duncan, manu, there could be a small opening.

Return to Golden State Warriors