Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#461 » by orsettocattivo » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:25 pm

Desoeration add: jamaal tinsley?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#462 » by wco81 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:47 pm

They're saying Love really rants to go to the Lakers.

So Minnesota may trade him but he'd have to sign an extension.

Crazy thing is that it was rumored Minnesota was offering Love for Anthony Randolph a few years ago.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#463 » by cdubbz » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:09 am

checking out the lakers game vs heat today. watching kendall marshall. Hindsight is always 20/20, but sucks that the Warriors didn't even try Marshall out when he was washed out of the league after his rookie year. Didn't watch him play in PHX, but on this Lakers team he can do what the Warriors need out of a backup point guards which is take care of the ball and move the ball. Marshall rarely turns the ball over and makes smart plays. He's not offensively gifted, but good enough to run the team for periods of time.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#464 » by old rem » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:20 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:
cj03 wrote:I would ask for Kevin martin along with Love for Lee, Klay, Barnes

+1

Martin's contract is as long as Iguodala's and Bogut's, which would be ideal.. as time goes on, they become less valuable and more tradeable, but the beauty is that we set an actual date for a rebuild/reload. And I believe that would be the 1st year of us moving to SF.

Hard to see GSW spending more $,getting guys who are WORSE on D, and taking the risk Love bolts as a UFA.
Lee + Barnes for Love is itself a tad shaky. I'm not convince Iggy works as the whole plan at SF. I am not all the certain about Barnes either but at this stage....his future might be VERY big. There's various reasons I'd rather have Klay than K Martin.
CENSORED... No comment.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#465 » by InWestWeTrust » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:22 pm

NO KEVIN MARTIN EVER

I thought I was skinny. That guy is a fricken string bean.
old rem
RealGM

Post#466 » by old rem » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:29 pm

cdubbz wrote:checking out the lakers game vs heat today. watching kendall marshall. Hindsight is always 20/20, but sucks that the Warriors didn't even try Marshall out when he was washed out of the league after his rookie year. Didn't watch him play in PHX, but on this Lakers team he can do what the Warriors need out of a backup point guards which is take care of the ball and move the ball. Marshall rarely turns the ball over and makes smart plays. He's not offensively gifted, but good enough to run the team for periods of time.

Guys fall through the cracks. They MIGHT..later....have a big spurt...but it might not translate to every team. Lin had a FREAKY run of success with the Knicks. Now, he's good but...hardly the same. K Marshall was an assist guy at UNC who could seldom score. He could not score with the Suns. Somehow.. now he can score.

Whether it's Marshall or X Henry... it helps sometimes to be a #3 option on abad team rather than a guy who...if he plays..is #5 option on a good team. It happens. A guy can be better than he seems on one team, then looks WAY better on another...and it does not actually say he somehow learned a bunch. He just has a much different opportunity.
CENSORED... No comment.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#467 » by jason bourne » Thu Feb 6, 2014 9:34 am

It does bug me a little that LAL got Kendall Marshall.

1. Ws could have used him. Would love to see how a pass first PG plays with this team as constructed now. Bazemore to D-League.
2. Marshall is starting and doing well. Update. He "was" starting. Nash is back.
3. I would puke if Marshall replaced Steve Nash. He's learning from the master.
4. I wanted Ws to draft him, but realized I was wrong about him until he joined LAL.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#468 » by Mylie10 » Fri Feb 7, 2014 3:39 am

Shaun Livingston is a really good backup pg target for next year.....also want Alan Anderson as a really good scoring two guard.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#469 » by Quazza » Fri Feb 7, 2014 11:20 am

Livingston had 4 blocks today!
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#470 » by Left*My*Heart » Fri Feb 7, 2014 2:05 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Shaun Livingston is a really good backup pg target for next year.....also want Alan Anderson as a really good scoring two guard.

Livingston has been on my radar for sometime now. I think he would be a great fit next to Curry and backing him up as well.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#471 » by jason bourne » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:34 pm

Quazza wrote:Livingston had 4 blocks today!

Against the Spurs even.

He would be a good one as as 3rd backup. Want to keep Crawford to see what he can do.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
old rem
RealGM

Post#472 » by old rem » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:33 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Shaun Livingston is a really good backup pg target for next year.....also want Alan Anderson as a really good scoring two guard.

Livingston has been on my radar for sometime now. I think he would be a great fit next to Curry and backing him up as well.

perhaps. Livingston has had several years now to become a legit rotation guy..even on a weak team. Maybe he does become useful, but he ain't much yet. K Marshall...went from DUD to fairly good but wopuld he have done that here" Maybe not.
CENSORED... No comment.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#473 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:34 pm

Livingston is a legit rotation guy. He started 30 games this year while Deron was hurt and is still maintaining 25mpg and often playing next to Deron as the third guard in BKN's rotation.

I would also tell you that he's been a net positive on the court as a starter and rotation player this year but I know you don't care about newfangled facts like the score and what not.

Seriously, you are just winging these takes at this point. What eyeball test were you using when you clearly didn't watch Brooklyn play at all this year?
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Quazza
Head Coach

Post#474 » by Quazza » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:25 am

old rem wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:

perhaps. Livingston has had several years now to become a legit rotation guy..even on a weak team. Maybe he does become useful, but he ain't much yet. K Marshall...went from DUD to fairly good but wopuld he have done that here" Maybe not.

:lol:

Have you watched ANY basketball this decade?

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#475 » by jason bourne » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:16 pm

My top FA is... TA-DAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH... Kobe Bryant. He really likes playing with Steve Blake, so maybe Blake can talk him into signing with GSW next season. Of course, LAL will have to buy out Kobe as he isn't a FA. I can't see Kobe wanting to play for LAL in a rebuilding mode next year and he wants a shot for a sixth ring before retiring.

ImageImage
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#476 » by Coxy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:50 am

jason bourne wrote:My top FA is... TA-DAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH... Kobe Bryant. He really likes playing with Steve Blake, so maybe Blake can talk him into signing with GSW next season. Of course, LAL will have to buy out Kobe as he isn't a FA. I can't see Kobe wanting to play for LAL in a rebuilding mode next year and he wants a shot for a sixth ring before retiring.

VTB

I'll fly to San Fran and fling a bag of my own poop at Myers if he even contemplates that. Kobe shall NEVER be a Warrior.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#477 » by and1GS » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:04 am

If singing Kobe meant we had a 90% chance at the title I'd still hate on him daily and be upset with the signing. However, it's a Dwight situation. He's a douche...but he'd be our douche, and he's a good player to boot. For the record I would've loved Dwight on this team, but I hate most of his game as a player and his personality.

I think my head would explode if we got Kobe.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Quazza
Head Coach

Post#478 » by Quazza » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:24 am

and1GS wrote:If singing Kobe meant we had a 90% chance at the title I'd still hate on him daily and be upset with the signing. However, it's a Dwight situation. He's a douche...but he'd be our douche, and he's a good player to boot. For the record I would've loved Dwight on this team, but I hate most of his game as a player and his personality.

Would be great getting a player of that caliber, but **** it being Kobe. How does one handle that?

a furious session of asphyxiation masturbation, with mere rope tension deciding your fate

and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#479 » by and1GS » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:47 am

Quazza wrote:
and1GS wrote:If singing Kobe meant we had a 90% chance at the title I'd still hate on him daily and be upset with the signing. However, it's a Dwight situation. He's a douche...but he'd be our douche, and he's a good player to boot. For the record I would've loved Dwight on this team, but I hate most of his game as a player and his personality.

Would be great getting a player of that caliber, but **** it being Kobe. How does one handle that?

a furious session of asphyxiation masturbation, with mere rope tension deciding your fate

And we have a winner!
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#480 » by jason bourne » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:17 am

and1GS wrote:
Quazza wrote:

And we have a winner!

Lol, the asphyxiation masturbation was pretty good. Still, we went after Dwight and now we have Blake, so why not Kobe as a FA? Many Ws fans would take Phil Jackson if he wanted to come here.

If the Ws won't sign him, then MIA, IND, OKC, LAC, and more would. So, if Kobe got his sixth ring with the Ws, then I would not mind. After that, then you can go back to hating him as he'll return to LAL in some capacity. I can't see him playing with a rebuilding LAL team at his age and health.

ImageImage

Return to Golden State Warriors