ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (REVENGE OF THE NERDS III: TRADERS GONE WILD)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Re: Trade Thread (REVENGE OF THE NERDS III: TRADERS GONE WIL 

Post#1141 » by statsman » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:44 am

The problem for Klay is he would need to be the primary shooter for him to get close to 23 ppg. With Curry on the squad, that seems unlikely. Per36, Curry gets 2.1 ppg on 2-ptrs, 1.6 ppg on 3-ptrs, and 2.3 ppg on FTs more than Klay does.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#1142 » by jason bourne » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:13 pm

DLeagueAllStars wrote:Him being a 23 pt score with Curry is right there if he learns to pump fake and just not the quick release each time.. Hoping he works on this between now and next season

http://youtu.be/hAWlKvYNoEg

MJ: Klay, I want you to do 1000 pump fakes per day until you get it right. :lol:
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#1143 » by cdubbz » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:21 pm

unleash andre miller!
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
statsman
Analyst

Post#1144 » by statsman » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:52 pm

Barnes for Waiters
Barnes for Ross
Barnes to the Jazz for the Warriors 2017 #1 pick
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#1145 » by old rem » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:01 am

statsman wrote:Barnes for Waiters
Barnes for Ross
Fire sale ..so soon?
CENSORED... No comment.
statsman
Analyst

Post#1146 » by statsman » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:02 am

old rem wrote:
statsman wrote:Barnes for Waiters
Barnes for Ross
Fire sale ..so soon?

Fire sale? I thought I was ripping off the other teams.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#1147 » by Coxy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:03 am

statsman wrote:Barnes to the Jazz for the Warriors 2017 #1 pick

Interesting.......
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#1148 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:14 am

Coxy wrote:

Interesting.......
that could put Utah's tank over the top.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#1149 » by jason bourne » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:22 am

Sleepy51 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Interesting.......

It's the Ws 2012 #1 pick, #7 overall, for the 2017 #1 pick. Ws will likely be trading down.

How about Barnes for MKG? That's pretty even. Better offense for defense.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#1150 » by InWestWeTrust » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:24 am

jason bourne wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Interesting.......

It's the Ws 2012 #1 pick, #7 overall, for the 2017 #1 pick. Ws will likely be trading down.

IMO thats more like better offense for crappier offense
statsman
Analyst

Post#1151 » by statsman » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:25 am

jason bourne wrote:It's the Ws 2012 #1 pick, #7 overall, for the 2017 #1 pick. Ws will likely be trading down.

When you're asking a team to bail you out, again, you would likely be trading down. But even if you believe the Warriors would lose that trade, they would gain back immensely in terms of future #1 pick flexibility.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#1152 » by Kuya » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:06 am

David Lee and Andre Iguodala for Dirk Nowitzki

Sent from my SM-N900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#1153 » by EvanZ » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:17 am

jason bourne wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Interesting.......

You all know how much I want to trade Barnes, and I actually like MKG more in general. But the Warriors are currently 3rd in DRTG. I don't think MKG moves the needle much for this team especially coming off the bench. Personally, I'd rather see us trade Barnes for Waiters.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,047

Post#1154 » by Jester_ » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:08 pm

EvanZ wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:that could put Utah's tank over the top.

You all know how much I want to trade Barnes, and I actually like MKG more in general. But the Warriors are currently 3rd in DRTG. I don't think MKG moves the needle much for this team especially coming off the bench. Personally, I'd rather see us trade Barnes for Waiters.

I'd love Barnes for Waiters. I would love MKG as well, but that's because I'm higher on him than most. Iggy's the perfect mentor for MKG.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#1155 » by jason bourne » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:24 pm

Jester_ wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

I'd love Barnes for Waiters. I would love MKG as well, but that's because I'm higher on him than most. Iggy's the perfect mentor for MKG.

I like MKG, but am okay with Waiters if Jerry is cool with it. Barnes for Waiters has a good chance of going down since Kyrie wants Barnes and CLE wants to get rid of Waiters. Ws should hold out for a pick.

ImageImage
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,047

Post#1156 » by Jester_ » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:32 pm

jason bourne wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

I like MKG, but am okay with Waiters if Jerry is cool with it. Barnes for Waiters has a good chance of going down since Kyrie wants Barnes and CLE wants to get rid of Waiters. Ws should hold out for a pick.

Lacob and Co. still love Barnes. It's never going to happen, unfortunately.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
old rem
RealGM

Post#1157 » by old rem » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:08 pm

Waiters has had hype I never understood and with the Cavs...not goo chemistry or efficiency. I just don't see the UPSIDE or the fit. Klay is >>>> Waiters and Iggy can fill all the minutes when Klay sits. With a SUCK team live the Cavs...at least Waiters gets minutes, touches. He will NOT have that with GSW and the outcome is he gets "disgruntled" and we trade him at a loss. There's guys out there who MIGHT be a decent return for Barnes but ....IMHO GSW sees potential in Barnes that's quite high. He has not finisheed year 2, he has that "athletic" is willing to be a "team guy"....maybe to an excess? GSW has 3 guys who get 18-24 ppg...so...a guy who thinks "volume shooter" is not an easy fit.

I very much doubt GSW trades Barnmes before this summer...if that soon. He MUST upgrade his handles. That's very doable. Then you want him to be a more assertive "attack the rim" guy...since our other wings don't do that enough. Call me a Montard but I do miss how Monta would zip through traffic and score Iggy maybe does that once a game...Barnes ...sometimes. Curry has got better at sneaking inside and scoring but we rely a bit much on Lee to be who scores near the hoop. Athletic... matters if you can USE it. Barnes CAN use it with some rather minor adjustments.

GSW INVESTED a top 10 pick in Barnes. They may not have another Lotto for MANY years. They need this to work...even if the way it works is they max up his value and later on swap him for ?
CENSORED... No comment.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#1158 » by EvanZ » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:10 pm

old rem wrote:I very much doubt GSW trades Barnmes before this summer...if that soon. He MUST upgrade his handles. That's very doable. Then you want him to be a more assertive "attack the rim" guy...since our other wings don't do that enough.

Yeah, agreed. It's very doable for him to become the next LeBron or maybe prime Wade. I mean, pretty much every player in the league can just "do it". The only surprising thing is that Barnes is making us wait this long before he decides to become a superstar. I'm not sure what's up with that.

Good news is that Ezeli should be coming back soon and he is going to be the next Hakeem. It's very doable.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
old rem
RealGM

Post#1159 » by old rem » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:17 pm

I don't go with all or nothing. Barnes may never be another Paul George but...GSW has to make him as good as possible. Beyond whatever Barnes ever is... you need the process,the ability to MAX up whoever you have.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#1160 » by old rem » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:31 pm

EvanZ wrote:
old rem wrote:I very much doubt GSW trades Barnmes before this summer...if that soon. He MUST upgrade his handles. That's very doable. Then you want him to be a more assertive "attack the rim" guy...since our other wings don't do that enough.

Yeah, agreed. It's very doable for him to become the next LeBron or maybe prime Wade. I mean, pretty much every player in the league can just "do it". The only surprising thing is that Barnes is making us wait this long before he decides to become a superstar. I'm not sure what's up with that.

Good news is that Ezeli should be coming back soon and he is going to be the next Hakeem. It's very doable.
Don't BS a BS'er. I NEVER said Barnes is a likely All Star but I see a CHANCE he's damn good. Do NOT warp what I said or I'll have to get sarcastic about your reading comprehension :evil: I do not care WHO the player is... you FIGURE OUT...ways to make that guy BETTER. Pretty f'n obvious. Quite a few VERY good players were not STARS just 1 1/2 yr into their career. Not everyone is Magic Johnson or Oscar Robertson. Barnes MIGHT be a STAR...might be a real good starter...might bog down and just be okay. I want GSW to EXCELL at getting the BEST from whoever they have...that is what I said..and I stand by it. I NEVER hinted Barnes can be LeBron. That's false. Do NOT try to play me like that...sonny... :wavefinger: We're on the same side...and I don't WANT to spank: you on the internet :argue:
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Golden State Warriors