ImageImageImageImageImage

I don't know what went wrong

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Northx57
Veteran
And1: 107

Re: I don't know what went wrong, but the season was a fail 

Post#41 » by Northx57 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:17 pm

I'd give Jackson more credit for coaching a 50 win team if he had a roster like the ones from the late 90s to around 2010. Sure they are a 50 win team for the first time in a long time but it's also the most talented roster they have had in years as well.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#42 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:21 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Stop with the Pop crap. He aint comin here.

Clearly you don't care about winning a championship. Go be a Kings fan, loser!

:rofl:
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

I don't know what went wrong, but the season was a fail 

Post#43 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:23 pm

Northx57 wrote:I'd give Jackson more credit for coaching a 50 win team if he had a roster like the ones from the late 90s to around 2010. Sure they are a 50 win team for the first time in a long time but it's also the most talented roster they have had in years as well.

So to get credit for doing your job you have to coach 30 wins worth of talent to 50 wins?

According to Vegas and pretty much every analytic expert this team was right about 50 wins worth of talent. How many wins worth of talent do you think we had?
cj03
Starter
And1: 154

Post#44 » by cj03 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:27 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:Wait . . . what? What happened again? :lol:

Mike D'Antoni, Kevin McHale, Rick Adelman have a good offensive scheme and are one of the most points scoring team out there, but are horrible defensive coaches. So would you take those guys to upgrade the offense and then become a horrible defensive team again? Last time I checked defense wins championships **COUGH, COUGH Don Nelson**

So...Vinny and Scott Brooks must be amazing coaches according to you. You just lost all credibility. Also, D'Antoni, McHale, and Adelman have pretty decent track records.

Defense HELPS you win championships, but you have to score the ball. And honestly, do you think we can shut down KD/LeBron/CP3/Spurs 4 out of 7 times in a series with the very average offensive output they've been showing? That's what it going to take for us to win a championship this year.

C'mon dude you are just making excuses for Jackson. He's a solid coach who's brought very solid defensive principles, but don't make excuses for his tendency to degenerate this offense into post ups and isos.

Plus, you don't think our defensive improvement has anything to do with having 3 of the best defenders in the league?
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#45 » by bakesale » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:28 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
bakesale wrote:Barnes really??? He has like 1 or 2 isos a game. It hardly has an effect on the game. It's the consistency of our volume shooters that has a greater effect. For eg if klay shoots 5 of 18 it has a more dramatic effect on the result than Barnes getting 2 of 7

Klay is #8 in the league in 3pt %. Shooters are going to have ups and downs, but Klay is an OUTSTANDING shooter, not a "volume shooter." Klay's hotand cold runs are not a problem if Barnes could make layups.

He's a volume shooter when you compare him to everyone on the team but curry.
I love klay and think he's improved heaps this year but when he does have his down games and you know he's had more than a few, it does have a detrimental effect on the game.
Whereas with Barnes a below average game was expected, so over the course of a regular season his performance or lack thereof was a constant and so he just didn't get the ball in his hands enough to effect the game as dramatically as klay can.

A great eg is the game against Toronto he shot quite a lot but missed a lot more than he took. You could see it frustrated him, it effects the way he plays defence and he doesn't command the ball in the 4th when he isn't confident. The only player scoring for us in that game was curry, who's performance was Herculean but alas it simply wasn't enough as derozan was finishing us off with his own brilliant shooting display.

I think the very next game or so we played Indiana in a tightly contested defensive game where almost the reverse happened for klay, he was hitting his shots, was confident on both ends of the floor and was anything but afraid of going after it in the 4th. He was playing so well that he deserved an opportunity to hit the game winner for us and he nailed it!
For me it was such a turnaround for klay that it propelled him to new heights. All of a sudden he's driving to the basket a lot more and finishing, he suddenly has a post game that is way more reliable than before, it opened up his game and his confidence and we are now seeing the klay really start to fulfill his potential. From what I can tell he's had way more consistency since that Indiana game as well. Right now he looks like one of the best shooting guards in the nba whereas in the middle portion of the season he just looked like a solid 3 and D guy.
But first and foremost we are a jump shooting team and as such klay has a huge effect on whether we win or lose.
Or I should say a much greater effect than whatever the bloody hell Barnes does.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#46 » by Mylie10 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:29 pm

Northx57 wrote:I'd give Jackson more credit for coaching a 50 win team if he had a roster like the ones from the late 90s to around 2010. Sure they are a 50 win team for the first time in a long time but it's also the most talented roster they have had in years as well.

With no bench for most of it...and I blame that on management.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#47 » by RoyalMajesty » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:29 pm

totalrekall wrote:without mark jackson this is a 55-60 win team. w/ him they are 50. addition by subtraction. the Nuggets outrebounded the Warriors 63-38. they had 25 offensive boards! thats what happens when you choose not to match up at any point during the game even though you are getting destroyed on the boards. its bizarre. either coach cant see whats happening in the game or is too egotistical to make necessary changes. either way he isnt competent

Okay so who would get this team to win 60 games? Did u also know Curry, Thompson, Lee, Iguodala, and Bogut was healthy playing together for only 43 games? 31-12 together and then one guy missed some games, then that guy comes back, but another guy gets injured and missed some games, and the same cycle continues. If these guys would play about 65 games together, they would most likely would be a 46-19, 45-20, 44-21, 43-22 team. Did u also realize Mark Jackson didn't have a damn backup PG for 3/4 of the season until Steve Blake finally came here? Curry was overworked because Jackson had to played him for a large amount of minutes and didn't give him the proper rest. I mean Toney Douglas, Jordan Crawford, and to now Steve Blake is a pretty lousy group of backup PG bums if you ask me. Popovich wouldn't be to get squat of a production with those losers.

totalrekall wrote:Mozgov is huge and Faried is a monster. there is no way you can get away w/ going small on those guys all game. how is Green supposed to play PF vs Faried? its ridiculous. he's way undersized for PF to begin w/ and he's going against one the most physical, tenacious rebounders in the league. completely nuts. then you have Mozgov who is 7'1" and strong as an ox. where Bogut? where's O'Neal? or Hilton Armstrong at least(DNP)? on the bench of course. lets roll w/ the finesse rebounder Speights. that should work out great.

Where's Bogut? Where's O'Neal? I'll tell you where they were. Both Bogut and O'Neal were in a San Quentin cell type of setting getting manhandled by Mozgov. Bogut and O'Neal were on the court for a good amount of time during the game and even had that moron Marreese Speights in there to play along with them. Bogut and O'Neal even played together so it's not Mark Jackson fault for not running into the game and boxing out Mozgov and Faried. Bogut, O'Neal, Speights, and Green were straight up manhandled by Mozgov and Faried point blank.

totalrekall wrote:then after the game all Jackson can do is blame his players. the bigs(who he didnt have in the game) and then he says the rest of the team has to help them out. so according to Mark Jackson everyone is to blame except himself. somehow in his muddled brain its our bigs fault for not rebounding when he had them on the bench and he expected our guards to outrebound Faried and Mozgov!
when asked about getting a 20pt lead and then losing it by going all bench players. he responded by saying the starters werent getting it done. no **** coach. you sat them all on the bench. this guy is delusional is so many ways

What the hell kind of game were you watching? Like I said those 4 bigs of ours were playing in the game even putting Bogut and O'Neal together and still got manhandled. All these blaming and finger pointing at Mark Jackson is getting really played out. How much blaming and finger pointing can this guy get without the players taking some blame and finger pointing as well? Same goes for that innocent angel of a GM that put this team together in Bob Myers. Yea that guy! The same one that gave Marreese Speights to a multi-year contract and also signed that bum Toney Douglas, then flipped it to MarShon Brooks and Jordan Crawford who had a game earlier this season where he took 18 shots for a lousy ridiculous 16 points, and then flipped MarShon Brooks and Kent Bazemore to Steve Blake who made 1 single basket in the last 6 games. Yea he made one good move this offseason and that was overpaying for Andre Iguodala. What else has he done this offseason to help Mark Jackson? F*CK what he did last season with Landry, Jack, and the rookies. I'm talking about this season. Bob Myers didn't do a good enough job of assembling this team into a championship contender and people really believed that we were going to be championship contenders based on 1 player? Iguodala is not LeBron, Durant, Paul, or whoever else in that caliber that will take us to the championship. Wait, let me guess. It's all Mark Jackson fault right? Mark Jackson doesn't have a legit backup PG he can turn to, he got a SG that thinks he's one of the best players in the game, he got a idiot big man that nobody would give a multi-year contract to, he got a 2nd year center who's injured for this whole season with a knee injury, and another center that might have a senior citizen discount at Denny's already.

Stop listening to the media, feed off the damn hype, be patient, and let these guys get healthy and let them play together for once. No championship team is done overnight.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#48 » by Onus » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:11 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:Stop listening to the media, feed off the damn hype, be patient, and let these guys get healthy and let them play together for once. No championship team is done overnight.

This is false.

Recently Miami constructed a team that went to the finals the first year they were built. Another example is the recent Boston team that was constructed and won a title the first year. The Lakers are another team when they made the trade for Pau they made the finals where the year before they were barely a .500 team.

The addition of Iguodala was suppose to be a game changer for us, instead we're only a few games above what we achieved last year. This team hasn't played to its full potential.

I agree with the OP that this season is a failure. I guarantee the Front Office and Management didn't use all the future assets they did to acquire Iguodala to only become a few games better than last year. They could have stuck with the same guys from last year and achieved similar results. We'd probably be 9th right now instead of 6th but we'd have some cap room this year and all our draft picks we sent out (2 1sts, 3 2nds) and many more options to improve our team than we currently do. They traded for Iguodala with the hopes that he could bump us into the next tier, we didn't make that jump. They could either take the blame for bringing in Iguodala or they'll scapegoat Jackson. The regular season is a failure but the playoffs don't have to be. Right or wrong, Jackson will be judged on how we do in the playoffs.

The players' effort last night was horrible. My hypothesis is that they played so poorly because they wanted the media to stop talking about being a better team without Lee. So they played a stinker and now people will claim, "see we need Lee." That worked for some. Their effort in that game though should have an adverse reaction towards Jackson because it shows that he can't get this team to play to it's potential.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#49 » by bakesale » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:12 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:
totalrekall wrote:without mark jackson this is a 55-60 win team. w/ him they are 50. addition by subtraction. the Nuggets outrebounded the Warriors 63-38. they had 25 offensive boards! thats what happens when you choose not to match up at any point during the game even though you are getting destroyed on the boards. its bizarre. either coach cant see whats happening in the game or is too egotistical to make necessary changes. either way he isnt competent

Okay so who would get this team to win 60 games? Did u also know Curry, Thompson, Lee, Iguodala, and Bogut was healthy playing together for only 43 games? 31-12 together and then one guy missed some games, then that guy comes back, but another guy gets injured and missed some games, and the same cycle continues. If these guys would play about 65 games together, they would most likely would be a 46-19, 45-20, 44-21, 43-22 team. Did u also realize Mark Jackson didn't have a damn backup PG for 3/4 of the season until Steve Blake finally came here? Curry was overworked because Jackson had to played him for a large amount of minutes and didn't give him the proper rest. I mean Toney Douglas, Jordan Crawford, and to now Steve Blake is a pretty lousy group of backup PG bums if you ask me. Popovich wouldn't be to get squat of a production with those losers.

totalrekall wrote:Mozgov is huge and Faried is a monster. there is no way you can get away w/ going small on those guys all game. how is Green supposed to play PF vs Faried? its ridiculous. he's way undersized for PF to begin w/ and he's going against one the most physical, tenacious rebounders in the league. completely nuts. then you have Mozgov who is 7'1" and strong as an ox. where Bogut? where's O'Neal? or Hilton Armstrong at least(DNP)? on the bench of course. lets roll w/ the finesse rebounder Speights. that should work out great.

Where's Bogut? Where's O'Neal? I'll tell you where they were. Both Bogut and O'Neal were in a San Quentin cell type of setting getting manhandled by Mozgov. Bogut and O'Neal were on the court for a good amount of time during the game and even had that moron Marreese Speights in there to play along with them. Bogut and O'Neal even played together so it's not Mark Jackson fault for not running into the game and boxing out Mozgov and Faried. Bogut, O'Neal, Speights, and Green were straight up manhandled by Mozgov and Faried point blank.

totalrekall wrote:then after the game all Jackson can do is blame his players. the bigs(who he didnt have in the game) and then he says the rest of the team has to help them out. so according to Mark Jackson everyone is to blame except himself. somehow in his muddled brain its our bigs fault for not rebounding when he had them on the bench and he expected our guards to outrebound Faried and Mozgov!
when asked about getting a 20pt lead and then losing it by going all bench players. he responded by saying the starters werent getting it done. no **** coach. you sat them all on the bench. this guy is delusional is so many ways

What the hell kind of game were you watching? Like I said those 4 bigs of ours were playing in the game even putting Bogut and O'Neal together and still got manhandled. All these blaming and finger pointing at Mark Jackson is getting really played out. How much blaming and finger pointing can this guy get without the players taking some blame and finger pointing as well? Same goes for that innocent angel of a GM that put this team together in Bob Myers. Yea that guy! The same one that gave Marreese Speights to a multi-year contract and also signed that bum Toney Douglas, then flipped it to MarShon Brooks and Jordan Crawford who had a game earlier this season where he took 18 shots for a lousy ridiculous 16 points, and then flipped MarShon Brooks and Kent Bazemore to Steve Blake who made 1 single basket in the last 6 games. Yea he made one good move this offseason and that was overpaying for Andre Iguodala. What else has he done this offseason to help Mark Jackson? F*CK what he did last season with Landry, Jack, and the rookies. I'm talking about this season. Bob Myers didn't do a good enough job of assembling this team into a championship contender and people really believed that we were going to be championship contenders based on 1 player? Iguodala is not LeBron, Durant, Paul, or whoever else in that caliber that will take us to the championship. Wait, let me guess. It's all Mark Jackson fault right? Mark Jackson doesn't have a legit backup PG he can turn to, he got a SG that thinks he's one of the best players in the game, he got a idiot big man that nobody would give a multi-year contract to, he got a 2nd year center who's injured for this whole season with a knee injury, and another center that might have a senior citizen discount at Denny's already.

Stop listening to the media, feed off the damn hype, be patient, and let these guys get healthy and let them play together for once. No championship team is done overnight.

Bogut was our only positive +/- starter in that game but was only put back into the game with about 5 and a half minutes to go. As soon as he came back in he stopped their inside scoring twice (including 1 block) and we went on a 6-0 run and really injected some much needed adrenaline and intensity to our game, but it was too little too late, if you just put him in but a few minutes earlier just to regathering that momentum just a little bit sooner, I think it would've been the difference between winning and losing. This game was too important. And it's not like I'm asking for 35 minutes here, I'm asking for 29 minutes in a tightly contested game instead of the mere 26 that he was given.
That is Jackson's fault. He's in control of our subs and we could've won many more games. For so many games we were well in control of the game early on (including this one) and yet time and time again he just put too many benchies on for too long a time frame and so by the time the starters did come back on they were in a dog fight just to wrestle back momentum.
The problem is that Jackson did this far too often this season. There's a definite pattern to our losses and it's especially noticeable against the bad teams. He either didn't see it cos he's dumb or did see it but was too set in his ways or unwilling to make adjustments to his game plan. It's like watching Harrison Barnes drive to the basket, where he's already made up his mind about what he's going to do and just does it no matter what the result.
Doc rivers became a great coach because he learned from his mistakes and was willing to adjust his game plan on the fly mid game if need be and wasn't overly stubborn to the detriment of the team. The thing is it took him years before he became a great coach but unfortunately the warriors just don't have the time to wait on Jackson to maybe become a great coach because we are a win now type of team. Our team is built to contend now, we aren't building towards winning in a few years time. We need to win now whilst lee, bogut and iggy are still in their prime and before injuries get the better of them, so really this season and the next are crucial.
If they insist on keeping Mark Jackson which I hope they don't then we need an X's and O's type of guy along side him calling the plays to improve our offence because with the talent we do have there's no way we should be rated 13th in the nba. We should really be a top 5 offensive team with the personnel we have.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#50 » by RoyalMajesty » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:14 pm

cj03 wrote:

Mike D'Antoni, Kevin McHale, Rick Adelman have a good offensive scheme and are one of the most points scoring team out there, but are horrible defensive coaches. So would you take those guys to upgrade the offense and then become a horrible defensive team again? Last time I checked defense wins championships **COUGH, COUGH Don Nelson**

So...Vinny and Scott Brooks must be amazing coaches according to you. You just lost all credibility. Also, D'Antoni, McHale, and Adelman have pretty decent track records.

Defense HELPS you win championships, but you have to score the ball. And honestly, do you think we can shut down KD/LeBron/CP3/Spurs 4 out of 7 times in a series with the very average offensive output they've been showing? That's what it going to take for us to win a championship this year.

C'mon dude you are just making excuses for Jackson. He's a solid coach who's brought very solid defensive principles, but don't make excuses for his tendency to degenerate this offense into post ups and isos.

Plus, you don't think our defensive improvement has anything to do with having 3 of the best defenders in the league?

YOUR ARGUMENT IS HORRIBLE! GIVE IT UP! You beginning to sound like a young infant that whines and complains for not getting what you want. You already lost your cred thinking 50 wins for Mark Jackson is not a good coach. I'm not losing a single cred or a single penny :lol: You act like 50 wins can be achieve by anybody with this team with a coach like Mike D'Antoni, Maurice Cheeks, Mike Malone, or another other head coaches in the NBA. You got to be at least a good coach to pull together 50 wins.

And where did I say or put it out there that Vinny and Brooks are amazing coaches? They are good coaches just like Mark Jackson for being able to put together a high amount of wins for a team. You make Vinny and Brooks seem like they are lousy coaches when they are not. Not so good coaches would be coaches that can't put a good team together when there's talent there. Therefore, some teams are lucky to have good coaches and luckier if they have great coaches like Gregg Popovich, Doc Rivers, and Tom Thibodeau, which is why those coaches are not available. Clippers just got lucky to get Doc Rivers when at the time the Celtics are moving in another direction to rebuild their team and Doc Rivers was available. You think Stan Van Gundy is going to take this team to a championship when he rats and put the team business out there? You think George Karl is going to take this team to a championship when all he does is choke during the big lights? By the way, those guys are good coaches ok? U still with me to this point? If there's a great coach out there, sure let's bring him in, but those coaches are rare. By firing Mark Jackson, then hiring George Karl, Stan Van Gundy, Jeff Van Gundy, Lionel Hollins, whoever else that are good coaches and then be unsuccessful because they didn't take this unbelievable, once in a lifetime, Jesus walks on water team to a championship, then all Warriors fans will hear the same rant that you are doing. Stop hating and give this man a better backup PG, a bench, some damn patient, and the Phoenix Suns training staff so these guys would be a lot healthier and you will see the results that will get you to stop whining and complaining.
cj03
Starter
And1: 154

Post#51 » by cj03 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:23 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:
cj03 wrote:

YOUR ARGUMENT IS HORRIBLE! GIVE IT UP! You beginning to sound like a young infant that whines and complains for not getting what you want. You already lost your cred thinking 50 wins for Mark Jackson is not a good coach. I'm not losing a single cred or a single penny :lol: You act like 50 wins can be achieve by anybody with this team with a coach like Mike D'Antoni, Maurice Cheeks, Mike Malone, or another other head coaches in the NBA. You got to be at least a good coach to pull together 50 wins.

And where did I say or put it out there that Vinny and Brooks are amazing coaches? They are good coaches just like Mark Jackson for being able to put together a high amount of wins for a team. You make Vinny and Brooks seem like they are lousy coaches when they are not. Not so good coaches would be coaches that can't put a good team together when there's talent there. Therefore, some teams are lucky to have good coaches and luckier if they have great coaches like Gregg Popovich, Doc Rivers, and Tom Thibodeau, which is why those coaches are not available. Clippers just got lucky to get Doc Rivers when at the time the Celtics are moving in another direction to rebuild their team and Doc Rivers was available. You think Stan Van Gundy is going to take this team to a championship when he rats and put the team business out there? You think George Karl is going to take this team to a championship when all he does is choke during the big lights? By the way, those guys are good coaches ok? U still with me to this point? If there's a great coach out there, sure let's bring him in, but those coaches are rare. By firing Mark Jackson, then hiring George Karl, Stan Van Gundy, Jeff Van Gundy, Lionel Hollins, whoever else that are good coaches and then be unsuccessful because they didn't take this unbelievable, once in a lifetime, Jesus walks on water team to a championship, then all Warriors fans will hear the same rant that you are doing. Stop hating and give this man a better backup PG, a bench, some damn patient, and the Phoenix Suns training staff so these guys would be a lot healthier and you will see the results that will get you to stop whining and complaining.

My God, I can't believe I still haven't learned how to behave properly on these boards, and post without attacking other people and calling names. If I don't learn soon, I'm likely to get myself suspended.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#52 » by Mylie10 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:29 pm

Onus wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:Stop listening to the media, feed off the damn hype, be patient, and let these guys get healthy and let them play together for once. No championship team is done overnight.

This is false.

Recently Miami constructed a team that went to the finals the first year they were built. Another example is the recent Boston team that was constructed and won a title the first year. The Lakers are another team when they made the trade for Pau they made the finals where the year before they were barely a .500 team.

The addition of Iguodala was suppose to be a game changer for us, instead we're only a few games above what we achieved last year. This team hasn't played to its full potential.

I agree with the OP that this season is a failure. I guarantee the Front Office and Management didn't use all the future assets they did to acquire Iguodala to only become a few games better than last year. They could have stuck with the same guys from last year and achieved similar results. We'd probably be 9th right now instead of 6th but we'd have some cap room this year and all our draft picks we sent out (2 1sts, 3 2nds) and many more options to improve our team than we currently do. They traded for Iguodala with the hopes that he could bump us into the next tier, we didn't make that jump. They could either take the blame for bringing in Iguodala or they'll scapegoat Jackson. The regular season is a failure but the playoffs don't have to be. Right or wrong, Jackson will be judged on how we do in the playoffs.

The players' effort last night was horrible. My hypothesis is that they played so poorly because they wanted the media to stop talking about being a better team without Lee. So they played a stinker and now people will claim, "see we need Lee." That worked for some. Their effort in that game though should have an adverse reaction towards Jackson because it shows that he can't get this team to play to it's potential.

You're a pretty smart guy...so why make a huge leap that sounds so dumb. If you really believe that the players tried to suck, but still hit a game winner, and then have the foresight to leave just enough time on the clock for Faried to hit a game winner????????????

???????????? Are you kidding me!!!!!! :lol:
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#53 » by RoyalMajesty » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:43 pm

Onus wrote:

This is false.

NOOOoooo :lol: The thing is Iguodala is not KG, Ray Allen, LeBron James, Chris Bosh when those guys came over to their new teams. These guys were perennial All-Stars and were the franchise guys that carried their old teams. Iguodala is not an perennial All-Star or can be the one that can carry the load. Yes there's a way that is a championship team can be put together overnight, but you have to get draft picks, get rid of salaries, even take the bullet with some salaries, draft well, and recruit those guys that takes some years to do. This is where a lot of people don't understand that championship team is not done overnight. It takes some time and painful seasons to finally reach the main purpose.

Onus wrote:The addition of Iguodala was suppose to be a game changer for us, instead we're only a few games above what we achieved last year. This team hasn't played to its full potential.

This is what I was going to say next. Great post about Iguodala by the way Onus. Iguodala is a glue guy and a good player, but he's not a great player that's going to take us to the next level. I don't know why people think Iguodala is some type of NBA great in this league that can do that. The Spurs have the big 3 and a hell of a coach that been together for 10+ years, the Thunder have Westbrook and Durant who are top 10 players, the Clippers have a hell of a coach with the best PG in the league and one of the top PFs in the game with a not so bad center, and the Rockets have Harden and Howard who are also top 10 players. The Warriors have Curry who's a top 10 player and a bunch of glue guys surrounding Curry pretty much. Curry needs another top 10 player to play with in order to take the Warriors to the next tier. I currently have LeBron, Durant, Curry, CP3, Parker, Westbrook, Harden, Howard, Carmelo, LaMarcus as the top 10 NBA players in the game (not in that order) with Blake, Wade, Love coming in close.

Onus wrote:The players' effort last night was horrible. My hypothesis is that they played so poorly because they wanted the media to stop talking about being a better team without Lee. So they played a stinker and now people will claim, "see we need Lee." That worked for some. Their effort in that game though should have an adverse reaction towards Jackson because it shows that he can't get this team to play to it's potential.

I don't think so haha This team needs to play better including the players AND Mark Jackson. It just can't be one guy taking the blame and finger pointing.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#54 » by Flash Falcon X » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:56 pm

I agree that the regular season is a disappointment, but there are reasons why.

First off, Iguodala was out for 12 straight games after our great start and our team struggled. When Iggy came back, we quickly went on a 10 game win streak.

After that 10 game win streak, we started to struggle again because our bench sucked horribly.

In order to fix that, we traded for Jordan Crawford, then later got Steve Blake. After the Steve Blake trade, our bench went from 29th in the league to 12th in the league, and all of a sudden we now have one of the BEST records in the league since the All-Star break. Our great record since the break coincides with that Blake trade.

So basically, every problem that we've had we fixed with only one exception, the fact that we lose to bad teams because we play down to their level. That's the only thing this team struggles with, everything else like the bench was fixed.

With that said, this in no way means that we'll suck in the Playoffs. I don't get why you guys are already counting us out.

First of all, 90% of our disappointing losses are when we play down to horrible teams like the Nuggets, Knicks, Cavs, etc; in the Playoffs, there are no horrible teams to PLAY DOWN TO. Didn't you guys realize that the Warriors actually play good most of the time against most elite teams? That's because the Warriors actually wake up for the good teams, and sleep on the bad teams. That's been their M.O. this season.

So yeah, we play down to the level of bad teams like the Nuggets, but in the Playoffs you don't have to worry about that because the Warriors know what type of stage the postseason is. This team is the type of team that steps the hell up when the lights are bright, especially Curry.

Stop overreacting.
#DubNation
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#55 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:02 am

Mozgov is huge and Faried is a monster. there is no way you can get away w/ going small on those guys all game. how is Green supposed to play PF vs Faried? its ridiculous. he's way undersized for PF to begin w/ and he's going against one the most physical, tenacious rebounders in the league. completely nuts. then you have Mozgov who is 7'1" and strong as an ox. where Bogut? where's O'Neal? or Hilton Armstrong at least(DNP)? on the bench of course. lets roll w/ the finesse rebounder Speights. that should work out great.

WAIT WAIT WAIT on a second here.

I call shennanigans. You sir, did not watch this basketball game.

Bogut got his ass handed to him by Mozgov from the get go. Moz put up 7 & 10 in the FIRST QUARTER mostly against Bogut in the first 5 minutes. And then 6 & 12 against Bogut in the second half. Bogut didn't play more because he dropped his pants and crapped on center court and then cried while sitting in his own excrement. That was the single worst 2 quarters of basketball Bogut has EVER played and you wanted more?

Hilton Armstong?!?!?! HILTON ARMSTRONG??!!!!
:crazy: :lol: :falloff:
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,899

Post#56 » by Plossum » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:03 am

eh, I think we've about performed to expectations.

Winning 50 games in this Western Conference is no easy feat. We've had some very disappointing losses but also some very good wins. We're lacking the killer instinct and consistency of the top teams but this is a long-term process. The next two or so years are going to be huge for this team if we can make the right moves.

I remain bullish.
#LockUpChuck
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#57 » by Flash Falcon X » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:06 am

Sleepy51 wrote:No blame for the players? Really? Celebrating "wins" in the 2nd quarter isn't on the players even a wee little bit?

No, that's all on Jackson.

Jackson has no sense of urgency. With a 20 point lead, he wait until the Nuggets come all the way back and take the lead in order to put all his best players back in.

If that was coach Poppovich with a 20 point lead, he would have called a timeout right when the Nuggets got within 15 points and he would have yelled at each and every Warriors players to wake the hell up. I mean this guy yells at future hall of famers like Tim Duncan and Tony Parker after 0-4 starts to games.

The players celebrating wins in the 2nd quarter is reflective on Jackson always chillin with the 2nd unit way too long.

Just because it's against the Denver Nuggets doesn't mean it's OKAY to give them life. Jackson always does this every time against bad opponents; he thinks the Warriors are a team that can afford to give a bad team some life. Why? Back to the Pop example: Pop will call an early timeout even if it's against the Bucks just to yell at Duncan.

Point is, never give a team life. Stop getting overconfident that you can let them come back from down 20 and that you'll still be fine.

Unfortunately, Jackson never learns from this. He should have learned from this back when the team was up 14 with 5 minutes left in Game 1 of our series with the Spurs and allowed them to come back to win the game. He should have learned this when we were up 14 in the 4th quarter against the OKC Thunder and allowed them to come back and had to rely on an Iguodala game winner to win the game.

More importantly, he should have learned even more from the stupid losses against teams like the Cavaliers, Nuggets (first loss @ Oracle to them), Knicks, Bobcats, T'Wolves, etc. but he still never learns. All those losses against those teams were due to the Warriors being overconfident. Those teams are easily beatable and the Warriors had great starts on all those teams, but Golden State's mistake is that they give mercy.

I love Jackson for instilling a defensive mindset to this team, but another mindset he needs to instill to all the players is to have a killer instinct. Play defense, have a killer instinct and never show mercy.

With all that said, I'm still confident in this team to go far as long as their healthy. They lose against horrible teams because GSW plays down to their level, but the good thing is that this team thrives under big lights, especially Curry. They'll be awake for all the Playoff games.
#DubNation
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#58 » by Flash Falcon X » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:19 am

cj03 wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:1) Oh God another sorry, pathetic post about firing Mark Jackson and our team play when Curry, Thompson, Lee, Iguodala, and Bogut only played 43 games together this season. We are 31-12 when these 5 players are healthy and playing together.

2) We also have a complete mess of a bench with Festus Ezeli a no show this season.

3) Jermaine O'Neal dealing with injuries all season long and missed a total of 36 games.

4) We have "Can't Get Right" Marreese Speights that can't play no more than 2 minutes of smart basketball :nonono:

5) No backup PG for 3/4 of the regular season. This is how bad our backup PG position has been this season: We went from Toney Douglas, to Jordan Crawford, to now Steve Blake :banghead:

6) A player with a bad motor in Harrison Barnes that doesn't leak out on fast break or cut to the basket on offense.

7) A player that thinks he's the best Jordan that ever played the game no matter if it's the first or last name Jordan. A guy that took 18 shots to score only 16 points. Imagine how many shots it would take Jordan Crawford to score 30 points? :crazy:

8) The first Warriors head coach to have 47 wins or more in back to back season since Al Attles did it in 1974 and this is his only 3rd season as a head coach in the NBA and got this team to being one of the top defensive teams in the NBA, but let's fire him :roll:

People need to stop ignoring the other variables in this equation. Just because Jackson has "led" this team to 47 and 50+ wins the past two seasons doesn't necessarily mean he's a good coach. If that were the case, Vinny del Negro and Scott Brooks are some of the best in the business, which is simply not true.

Jackson instills confidence in his players which is an invaluable skill. He utterly fails in creating a scheme which produces movement on offense. The offense is extremely stagnant.

I agree with both of you guys.

I agree with the excuses that Royal posted, but I also agree CJ that just because we're winning doesn't necessarily mean Jackson is a great coach who's turned things around.

To me, Jackson just arrived to Golden State at the right time.

All the other Warriors teams before him were plagued by injuries.

Look at after the 07-08 season.

The 08-09 season was hurt because Monta was injured a majority of the season due to his moped accident. And when Monta came back he was still trying to get back into rhythm. That season was pretty much a loss season for us without our "star" guy in Monta.

Then look at the 09-10 season. The Warriors had the 2nd most player injuries in the history of the NBA that year. We had so many D-League call ups and injury replacements. Even our D-League call ups like Chris Hunter were getting injured, too. Even our coach was out several games due to Pneumonia. We even had that game at the end of the season where Devean George fouled out, but had to stay in the game because we didn't have any more healthy players to replace him. How do you guys expect a coach to succeed in that situation?

Then the 10-11 season, we actually started off great early in the season, but then David Lee got bit by Wilson Chandler and had to miss significant time due to infection which caused us to have to give more minutes to garbage players like Vladimir Radmanovic and Dan Gadzuric. We had a decent roster, but not good enough to make the Playoffs.

Then the 2011-2012 season, this was Mark Jackson's first year. Unfortunately it was a lockout year and he didn't have a training camp and also Stephen Curry missed 40 out of 66 total games. Plus we had so many other guys injured. You can't expect to make the Playoffs when one of your key guys is out 40 games, even in a full season.

Then 2012-2013, we finally get relatively healthy, people say we improved because of "addition by subtraction" (when referring to the Monta trade and Bogut not playing at first), but really we improved because of the ADDITION of Stephen Curry's health, along with having very productive players coming off the bench in Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry. Both guys were starter quality players coming off the bench.

So while Jackson is a good coach, I don't give him too much credit for "turning this franchise around".

Ever since our 48 win season in 2007-2008, Jackson was lucky to arrive during a time where we started getting good players and started getting healthy. If he had come in any season between 2008 and 2011, he would have had an extremely hard time turning this team around with all of those big injuries that plagued us.
#DubNation
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#59 » by RoyalMajesty » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:26 am

cj03 wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:
cj03 wrote:

My God, I can't believe I still haven't learned how to behave properly on these boards, and post without attacking other people and calling names. If I don't learn soon, I'm likely to get myself suspended.

Don't get so sensitive and be a sore loser about your weak argument. You got caught up with all the hype and media thinking this team is a championship team when this team doesn't have enough star players to compete for a title. Durant and Westbrook are top 10 NBA players making the Thunder a title contender, Harden and Howard is another combo that are top 10 NBA players that has the Rockets being a title contender, CP3 is another top 10 NBA player and some would put Blake in the top 10 NBA player conversation as well with a great coach making the Clippers a title contender, and the Big 3 with a top 10 player in Parker and a hell of a coach making the Spurs a title contender. The Warriors have Curry with not another 10 NBA player in sight. They need to get another top 10 NBA player to be title contender and for fans like you to stop thinking they can get by the Spurs, Clippers, Heat, and so on with one superstar player.

I mean come on! Steve Blake, Jordan Crawford, Marreese Speights, Harrison Barnes, old man rivers Jermaine O'Neal as a bench? YIKES!!! You think a great coach like Popovich or Rivers can do damage with that bench? You continue to hate and have weak arguments about a head coach who clearly has a sorry bench, no backup PG for 3/4 of the regular season, injured players, a starting unit of Curry, Thompson, Lee, Iguodala, and Bogut that only played 43 games together, and a GM that is staying far away from the media so that he doesn't get the blaming and finger pointing to win 60 games? There are a lot of posters here who doesn't like Mark Jackson, but some of them clearly understand the problems here with the injuries, sorry bench, didn't sip the championship kool aid, and so forth to think this team is a title contender AND not put all the blame on Mark Jackson. If you have such a big hate for Mark Jackson and a big disappointment about this team without opening your eyes and seeing that we have injuries, a sorry bench, and not enough star power, go to a different team and cheer for the Clippers or Heat or someone else. This team needs some more time and pieces to put together for a title run. Iguodala is not one guy that can make the Warriors into title contendter. They need more pieces especially a better bench and some type of training staff like the Phoenix Suns to get the injured guys back sooner. If you can't see that and be on board with many other Warriors fans, leave! I'm for one wouldn't be disappointed at all if you leave the Dub Nation. You are a sorry excuse of a Warrior fan anyways thinking Mark Jackson is not a good coach for turning this culture around. I bet you missing Don Nelson offensive system and 4 guards defense huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#60 » by Onus » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:32 am

Mylie10 wrote:You're a pretty smart guy...so why make a huge leap that sounds so dumb. If you really believe that the players tried to suck, but still hit a game winner, and then have the foresight to leave just enough time on the clock for Faried to hit a game winner????????????

???????????? Are you kidding me!!!!!! :lol:

They tried to win the game but close games are 50/50 propositions and they lost.

What else do you suggest they came out with no intensity, effort, or energy after having 3 days off?

I do agree with you that it's a stretch, probably as much of a stretch as you saying Klay was mentally weak and would never be a clutch player.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)

Return to Golden State Warriors