ImageImageImageImageImage

David Lee had minor surgery to repair a core muscle (pelvic)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Re: David Lee had minor surgery to repair a core muscle (pel 

Post#21 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:57 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
killacalijatt wrote:Biedrens always sucked, hyped up by Warrior fans. the guy had no skill. ZERO

Nonsense.

In 2007, Biedrins led the league in FG% while scoring about 10 with about 10 boards. In 2008, he scored closer to 12 with 11 rebounds a game. That year he also had 2 assists and 1.5 blocks per game. Either of those seasons would be nothing short of miraculous for a guy with "no skill".

If you want to beat a dead horse and talk about his collapse, you will be correct. Boring, but correct. But to claim he had no skill is zero percent true. ZERO.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Next is the part where someone will claim that he only produced those numbers because of Baron Davis setting him up and that he went in the tank as soon as he got his contract extension.

Then of course comes the part where I point out that Baron was gone in 2008 and our PG's were Monta, Demarcus Nelson, Marcus Williams, and Jamal Crawford and that Biedrins was extended in the summer PRIOR to going on a rampage to start the 08-09 season and played through and returned from multiple injuries that season year until the misdiagnosed broken wang finally sidelined him.

But never let facts get in the way of a good corpse humping.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#22 » by and1GS » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Man, DeMarcus Nelson...him and Acie Law were so much fun to watch in college. Marcus looked kinda **** in college though.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#23 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:37 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
killacalijatt wrote:Biedrens always sucked, hyped up by Warrior fans. the guy had no skill. ZERO

Nonsense.

In 2007, Biedrins led the league in FG% while scoring about 10 with about 10 boards. In 2008, he scored closer to 12 with 11 rebounds a game. That year he also had 2 assists and 1.5 blocks per game. Either of those seasons would be nothing short of miraculous for a guy with "no skill".

If you want to beat a dead horse and talk about his collapse, you will be correct. Boring, but correct. But to claim he had no skill is zero percent true. ZERO.

Next is the part where someone will claim that he only produced those numbers because of Baron Davis setting him up and that he went in the tank as soon as he got his contract extension.

Then of course comes the part where I point out that Baron was gone in 2008 and our PG's were Monta, Demarcus Nelson, Marcus Williams, and Jamal Crawford and that Biedrins was extended in the summer PRIOR to going on a rampage to start the 08-09 season and played through and returned from multiple injuries that season year until the misdiagnosed broken wang finally sidelined him.

But never let facts get in the way of a good corpse humping.

If I'm not mistaken Steven Jackson averaged around 6 assists per that season and loved the big Latvian (party favorite with the homies).
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#24 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:41 pm

Rob Rowell wrote:For over a year now Lee's been fighting injuries that are all in his core area. I don't care what the cause was, we were just witness to the Biedrins downfall post core injury, it ain't pretty. Time to trade Lee before that boat sinks and it's going down fast.

Lee's a great dude and puts up great numbers against bad competition, which is useful for a long season but what lee will we get??

I think the so called hamstring injury during the latter part of the season w a s related to this surgery. Lee tougher it out and played his role against a tough twosome of Griffin and Jordan.....he took his lumps from fans who felt Lee just sucked but I believe he was still hurting and just played through it. To bad because what Lee lacks for as a player, he sure makes up for it in wanting to play and playing hard.

Man I wish we had Bogut and Ezeli just to see how it would have played out.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#25 » by Twinkie defense » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:23 pm

Nonsense.

Only Nellie could pull that kind of performance out of Andris Biedrins :D
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#26 » by Twinkie defense » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:26 pm

Re. Lee, there are some guys where you have an addition by subtraction. David Lee is not one of them.

BTW I wonder how much crossover there is between the get Love now people and the dump Lee people... what a delicious irony.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#27 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:44 pm

I like Lee's game....and this team hums when he's on his game. Everyone harps on what he doesn't do but no one remembers the amazing plays...like his layup against the Heat in regular season to salt away the road win.

If we don't trade for Love...I see a big bounce back year by Lee in 2014.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to Golden State Warriors