ImageImageImageImageImage

Super jacked about Warriors lineup!

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Re: Super jacked about Warriors lineup! 

Post#101 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:46 am

Plossum wrote:It's not so much about dumping Lee than opening up his minutes to players that are a better fit for the team. That's how I see it.

I actually think Lee's best position on this team is small ball C. It's very effective against the weaker teams where we can sacrifice a bit of D and just go all out attack on O.

If that was his role, I think he'd be a good fit for the roster. But as starting PF I think he's a glaring weakness and Dray or Barnes are better options.

I wonder if he would ever agree to come off the bench....That would pretty much solve things....Green at starting PF gives us toughness right from the start. Lee would torch back ups.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#102 » by a8bil » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:24 am

replace Speeights with Ryan Anderson, let him start and bring Lee off the bench for instant offense second string There's your stretch 4 and depth.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#103 » by and1GS » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:38 am

a8bil wrote:replace Speeights with Ryan Anderson, let him start and bring Lee off the bench for instant offense second string There's your stretch 4 and depth.

Lol isn't RA making near 12m? If he comes in, Lee goes out.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,906

Post#104 » by Plossum » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:43 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
Plossum wrote:It's not so much about dumping Lee than opening up his minutes to players that are a better fit for the team. That's how I see it.

I actually think Lee's best position on this team is small ball C. It's very effective against the weaker teams where we can sacrifice a bit of D and just go all out attack on O.

If that was his role, I think he'd be a good fit for the roster. But as starting PF I think he's a glaring weakness and Dray or Barnes are better options.

I wonder if he would ever agree to come off the bench....That would pretty much solve things....Green at starting PF gives us toughness right from the start. Lee would torch back ups.

Dray should start. There were games last year where Lee played and closed a lot of games at C and we were very good. Jackson got it very wrong on occasion leaving out Bogut, but he was right sometimes too.

Bogut's strength and need is vs the good teams who take good shot (i.e. a lot of rim attacking). Versus the weaker teams that take the bad long two shots anyway, we can afford to rest Bogues a bit and run with Lee at C (even to close games). Our small ball is pretty solid and a big weapon but would get picked apart by the better teams.

I agree--I think Lee would be best on this team off the bench. He could have the type of impact someone like Manu does for the Spurs. Lee still has value but they need to put him in a position to succeed and I don't think starting PF is that position.
#LockUpChuck
a8bil
Analyst

Post#105 » by a8bil » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:33 am

and1GS wrote:
a8bil wrote:replace Speeights with Ryan Anderson, let him start and bring Lee off the bench for instant offense second string There's your stretch 4 and depth.

$8.5MM ...still issues, but more solvable.
NuWarriors
Lead Assistant
And1: 715

Post#106 » by NuWarriors » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:22 pm

a8bil wrote:
and1GS wrote:

Anderson has built a career on being instant offense off the bench. Should we acquire him that roll shouldn't change... my opinion anyway.
a8bil
Analyst

Post#107 » by a8bil » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:14 pm

NuWarriors wrote:
a8bil wrote:
and1GS wrote:

Anderson has built a career on being instant offense off the bench. Should we acquire him that roll shouldn't change... my opinion anyway.
The idea, though is to allow Curry to work with a stretch 4, where his efficiency would peak. At least that is the theory.
MadMorf
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#108 » by MadMorf » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:00 pm

Lee is the only other guy in our starting 5 I can see consistently being able to score. Klay is too inconsistent as solely a jump shooter who doesn't get to the line. That's why I thought Kevin love would have been so good for this team.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#109 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:04 pm

Klay made some strides in changing his approach to get himself out of a bad slump last season. Lets hope he's continuing that to really change the way he is perceived and the actual numbers to back it up.

Also with the new style of play that Kerr is implementing, hopefully it will encourage more driving to the basket off of cuts and back screens.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#110 » by turk3d » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:08 pm

The whole idea that Klay has the potential to become an elite player is that he will continue to add to the improvement he showed during the 2nd half of the season and into the playoffs. The hope is that he's learned from the mistakes early on in his career and will continue to make progress towards that goal and continue to add to his game which he has done recently.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#111 » by Coxy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:05 pm

a8bil wrote:
and1GS wrote:

Anderson would be ideal, but you'd have to think Myers would realize that and would have rung the Pels himself, or had 1 of his staff ring them and find out the availability. My guess is they would be asking for way more than what we would be prepared to give up for a backup, because that's what he'd be if Lee was not dealt.

A rotation up front of -

Iggy/Green/Rush
Lee/Anderson/Green
Bogut/Ezeli/Lee

SOOOO many options there. A deal based around some of our assets along the lines of Barnes/Speights/Nedovic/Kuzmic/Picks/Cash. I doubt any combination of that gets a deal done, unless the Pels see Barnes as being their SF of the future.
LilLeeroy
Senior
And1: 287

Post#112 » by LilLeeroy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:09 pm

NuWarriors wrote:
a8bil wrote:
and1GS wrote:

Anderson was at his most effective by far when he was starting PF next to Dwight in his last year in Orlando.
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 170

Post#113 » by DaHef » Wed Aug 6, 2014 12:16 am

a8bil wrote:
DaHef wrote:
LeonGenesis wrote:We'll be lucky to pass the 1st round playoff in my opinion.

Rush is going to be useless. I expect Bogut to be injured AGAIN. We need a healthy center and someone who can score inside. Ezeli is questionable...we don't even know if he can even play after a year of absence.

Weren't there over 20 teams at the Rush workout and all he could get was near vet minimum? Some workout.
Bogut - Ribs stilllllll healing.
Ezeli - Swelling below the surgically repaired knee.
Livingston in a cast.
4 players playing in or scrimmaging at the Worlds. (cross your fingers)
Lee coming off more surgery.
New coach

It could all go well or all go wrong. I would watch those Bogut/Ezeli/Lee reports very closely.

Wow...glass half empty, much? Must be difficult living life with such a negative view of things :-?

I left a few off my list.
Nedo stress fracture
Kuzmic stress fracture
Speights DUI

That's what I get for being so positive.
:roll:
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#114 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Aug 6, 2014 4:49 am

But all those guys suck! :)
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 170

Post#115 » by DaHef » Sat Aug 9, 2014 4:45 am

Twinkie defense wrote:But all those guys suck! :)

And they have guaranteed money!
:banghead:
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#116 » by old rem » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:21 am

LeonGenesis wrote:We'll be lucky to pass the 1st round playoff in my opinion.

Rush is going to be useless. I expect Bogut to be injured AGAIN. We need a healthy center and someone who can score inside. Ezeli is questionable...we don't even know if he can even play after a year of absence.

We got a few worries but I ain't that pessimistic (yet) We saw a healthy Ezeli and Rush play well. We saw a healthy Bogut do well. Speights sucked at first..then finished the season strong. Green made great progress. Are we a top 4 seed? Maybe... but it's no lock. I even think Kuzmic can be a happy surprise. I was frustrated that neither Barnes nor Iggy was scoring with any reliability. Iggy's knees had worn down over the grind of a season before and Barnes.,..adapted to being second string by being too damn humble. Livingston? in moments he looked good..but will he even replace Blake + Crawford?

We're to the point where with a smart move,good execution...some dumb luck..we CAN be in the West finals. We also could be screwed by injury or the new coach may be a fail. The first weeks will give clues. We DO return most of the team. In many years..half the roster was new guys. At last we have a CORE.
CENSORED... No comment.
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Post#117 » by TrueStoryGSW » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:34 am

Bogut, Iguodala, Klay, Livingston, Draymond, B.Rush and even Ezeli.

Man, we're gonna be scary good defensively.
Boomerfan
Banned User
And1: 430

Post#118 » by Boomerfan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:25 am

DaHef wrote:
a8bil wrote:
DaHef wrote:
Weren't there over 20 teams at the Rush workout and all he could get was near vet minimum? Some workout.
Bogut - Ribs stilllllll healing.
Ezeli - Swelling below the surgically repaired knee.
Livingston in a cast.
4 players playing in or scrimmaging at the Worlds. (cross your fingers)
Lee coming off more surgery.
New coach

It could all go well or all go wrong. I would watch those Bogut/Ezeli/Lee reports very closely.

Wow...glass half empty, much? Must be difficult living life with such a negative view of things :-?

I left a few off my list.
Nedo stress fracture
Kuzmic stress fracture
Speights DUI

That's what I get for being so positive.
:roll:

Bogut's ribs are fully healed 2 months ago. Where did you get the "Still healing" from? If it's because he is not playing in the World Cup he said 12 months ago before he had an injury that it was extremely unlikely he would play in the World Cup this time around because he wanted to have his first decent pre-season with a break where he wasn't resting up his ankle.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/andrewbogut/status/510448052297932800[/tweet]

Also this was from a few days ago. You aren't doing beep tests if you have a sore ankle or sore ribs.

Return to Golden State Warriors