ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,257

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE) 

Post#1561 » by wco81 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:29 pm

Nelly made it work at times with Bol in the middle of those Run TMC teams.

But they couldn't score with enough efficiency to make up for being beat up in the boards.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE) 

Post#1562 » by Money_ » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:26 am

Mylie10 wrote:I think Jordan is better than Lebron just based on sheer will. He was the epitomy of clutch. He wanted it more than Ledron does. I know its hard to quantify a statement like that, but Jordan was the greatest competitor I've ever seen, other than when Tiger Woods was at his prime.

Agreed. Jordan could just take over games by sheer will. No one has come even close to his level.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#1563 » by old rem » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:34 pm

Money_ wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:I think Jordan is better than Lebron just based on sheer will. He was the epitomy of clutch. He wanted it more than Ledron does. I know its hard to quantify a statement like that, but Jordan was the greatest competitor I've ever seen, other than when Tiger Woods was at his prime.

Agreed. Jordan could just take over games by sheer will. No one has come even close to his level.

magic could..often did. In earlier times....Wilt and Oscar were VERY able to take over.
CENSORED... No comment.
Money_
Rookie

Post#1564 » by Money_ » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:45 pm

old rem wrote:
Money_ wrote:

magic could..often did. In earlier times....Wilt and Oscar were VERY able to take over.

No doubt those guys could take over games too. I meant no one has come close since Jordan. My absolute statement comes from getting annoyed by the Lebron/Jordan comparisons. When Lebron gets 6 rings, maybe we can start the comparison.. He's a great player, just not at the point where we can start comparing him to Jordan.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#1565 » by cdubbz » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:57 am

Money_ wrote:
old rem wrote:
Money_ wrote:

No doubt those guys could take over games too. I meant no one has come close since Jordan. My absolute statement comes from getting annoyed by the Lebron/Jordan comparisons. When Lebron gets 6 rings, maybe we can start the comparison.. He's a great player, just not at the point where we can start comparing him to Jordan.

There's so many different categories that Bron can get compared to Jordan. If we're comparing them as winners than yeah. Lebron cannot be compared to Jordan. If we're talking to greatness in the league and skill then I think Lebron can definitely be compared to MJ.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#1566 » by Onus » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:49 pm

Lebron is the Wilt Chamberlain of Small Forwards. He's got all the physical talent in the world but mentally he doesn't have it. He's a quitter, when things get tough.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Money_
Rookie

Post#1567 » by Money_ » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:39 am

Two more rings for Lebron and we can begin the conversation. He is dominant physically but I have not seen him carry a team and truly gel with his players the way Jordan did with Pippin and Rodman and the way he utilized the talents on Chicago's not so deep bench. Plus, Lebron has never fully accepted being coached in the NBA. To me that's a big problem, and something that will keep him from attaining Jordan like greatness.
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#1568 » by sjballer03 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:57 am

Money_ wrote:Two more rings for Lebron and we can begin the conversation. He is dominant physically but I have not seen him carry a team and truly gel with his players the way Jordan did with Pippin and Rodman and the way he utilized the talents on Chicago's not so deep bench. Plus, Lebron has never fully accepted being coached in the NBA. To me that's a big problem, and something that will keep him from attaining Jordan like greatness.

To be fair, LeBron has a very high bball IQ. But I do believe he needs to tone it down a few notches and let his coaches coach. Plus he needs to stop playing super agent and GM. He's trying to wear way too many hats.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#1569 » by lars_rosenberg » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:10 pm

sjballer03 wrote:
Money_ wrote:Two more rings for Lebron and we can begin the conversation. He is dominant physically but I have not seen him carry a team and truly gel with his players the way Jordan did with Pippin and Rodman and the way he utilized the talents on Chicago's not so deep bench. Plus, Lebron has never fully accepted being coached in the NBA. To me that's a big problem, and something that will keep him from attaining Jordan like greatness.

To be fair, LeBron has a very high bball IQ. But I do believe he needs to tone it down a few notches and let his coaches coach. Plus he needs to stop playing super agent and GM. He's trying to wear way too many hats.

True, but... would you trust the Cavaliers? Lol.
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#1570 » by sjballer03 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:27 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:
sjballer03 wrote:

True, but... would you trust the Cavaliers? Lol.

Well, if you put it that way... :lol:
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#1571 » by shazam_guy » Tue Sep 1, 2015 6:31 pm

I remember Kareem routinely pulling rebounds as they bounced above the backboard. Nobody else even within a foot of him. I remember when he could score at will even double and triple-teamed. By the time he got to LA, he was mostly past his prime, not to mention he wasn't called on to do as much, and he folded himself happily into a superior team game. Still a great, great player, but at UCLA and Milwaukee he was like a god.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#1572 » by shazam_guy » Tue Sep 1, 2015 6:35 pm

And before you dismiss Wilt, remember he didn't just score a hundred points once. He averaged OVER 50 PPG one year, and also had years and years averaging over 20 rebounds pg. Even his last year, in LA, he averaged 18 or 19 rebounds. That sh*t will never happen again.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#1573 » by Left*My*Heart » Fri Sep 4, 2015 1:49 pm

Onus wrote:Lebron is the Wilt Chamberlain of Small Forwards. He's got all the physical talent in the world but mentally he doesn't have it. He's a quitter, when things get tough.

I think both players are guilty of taking too much on and not involving their teammates. That goes down to a trust issue and a mindset that they have to do it all. I don't recall Wilt quiting, he played hard all the time, I just think being too selfish hurt him. Lebron quit against us in a game they might have won had everyone played hard. When your leader walks off the floor with his head down and his demeanor is one of defeat, hard to come back from that.

You would have never seen Jordan walk off the floor like that, with minutes still left on the clock. Hell a second could be left on the clock and he is going to still be in the game. He would be urging his teammates and the fire would burn brighter than ever.

That is what you have to love about our team. I don't know of anyone who is a quitter and if someone puts their head down, there are numerous other guys to prop them back up.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#1574 » by Onus » Fri Sep 4, 2015 11:12 pm

shazam_guy wrote:And before you dismiss Wilt, remember he didn't just score a hundred points once. He averaged OVER 50 PPG one year, and also had years and years averaging over 20 rebounds pg. Even his last year, in LA, he averaged 18 or 19 rebounds. That sh*t will never happen again.

I didn't get to watch Wilt, but when Shaq says MDE he's nowhere close to what Wilt did as MDE
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
old rem
RealGM

Post#1575 » by old rem » Sat Sep 5, 2015 6:47 am

Left*My*Heart wrote:
Onus wrote:Lebron is the Wilt Chamberlain of Small Forwards. He's got all the physical talent in the world but mentally he doesn't have it. He's a quitter, when things get tough.

I think both players are guilty of taking too much on and not involving their teammates. That goes down to a trust issue and a mindset that they have to do it all. I don't recall Wilt quiting, he played hard all the time, I just think being too selfish hurt him. Lebron quit against us in a game they might have won had everyone played hard. When your leader walks off the floor with his head down and his demeanor is one of defeat, hard to come back from that.

You would have never seen Jordan walk off the floor like that, with minutes still left on the clock. Hell a second could be left on the clock and he is going to still be in the game. He would be urging his teammates and the fire would burn brighter than ever.

That is what you have to love about our team. I don't know of anyone who is a quitter and if someone puts their head down, there are numerous other guys to prop them back up.
Wilt......was a freak . Aside from the score rebound stuff.. he had a year where he played EVERY MINUTE...EVERY freakin minute.. never hurt..tired,fouled out......NOBODY ever will match that.

As for LeBron.. he is no quitter.. but there comes a time when..you are used up. When the opponent(GSW) is just stronger...deeper..better. LeBron.. right now.. is a super talent. He is on a mission to win it ALL for the home town. Don't underestimate it. He won't dupliciate some of Wilts feats...and nobody will.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#1576 » by old rem » Sat Sep 5, 2015 7:07 am

shazam_guy wrote:I remember Kareem routinely pulling rebounds as they bounced above the backboard. Nobody else even within a foot of him. I remember when he could score at will even double and triple-teamed. By the time he got to LA, he was mostly past his prime, not to mention he wasn't called on to do as much, and he folded himself happily into a superior team game. Still a great, great player, but at UCLA and Milwaukee he was like a god.
Kareem was pretty much in his prime when he went to the Lakers, though at one point he was not very inspired, focused. Magic aside from being..magical.. inspired Kareem and obviously..the combination worked.
CENSORED... No comment.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#1577 » by jason bourne » Mon Nov 2, 2015 6:50 am

Harrison Barnes for Rodney Hood? Nice point forward.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/rodney-hood-duke-nba-draft-2014/
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#1578 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Nov 2, 2015 4:14 pm

I like Hood, but think of him as more of a true SF. He lacks Barnes' length and ability to play PF as well.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#1579 » by Kuya » Wed Nov 4, 2015 7:31 pm

i'd swap Barnes for Gallinari if Denver was interested
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#1580 » by Coxy » Wed Nov 4, 2015 11:25 pm

Kuya wrote:i'd swap Barnes for Gallinari if Denver was interested

They are pretty similar sort of players aren't they. Gal has better handles and can certainly finish better than Barnes, but Barnes is stronger and can play the 4 a little more. Both have great range and seem to promise more than what they deliver.

Danillo has had some injuries. That could be used as a bargaining tool if they started talking about a swap.

Return to Golden State Warriors