ImageImageImageImageImage

Still available Free Agent Big Men (Not an accurate list)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Re: Still available Free Agent Big Men (Not an accurate list 

Post#61 » by turk3d » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:29 pm

JO, where are you dude? Ready to come home? lol
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
LeonGenesis
Sixth Man
And1: 344

Post#62 » by LeonGenesis » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:14 pm

JO can be found at Mark Jackson's church in Southern CA every weekend. :lol:

turk3d wrote:JO, where are you dude? Ready to come home? lol
turk3d
RealGM

Post#63 » by turk3d » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:41 pm

LeonGenesis wrote:JO can be found at Mark Jackson's church in Southern CA every weekend. :lol:

Well that's better than McDonalds or Burger King if he's intending to play again. He'd only have to miss on Sundays. :)
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#64 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:13 am

Blatche signed in China...... If I'm the Warriors, I'm really trying to talk to Brand or Okafor (who says he wants to wait until he's fully healthy to sign anywhere..... so he probably wants more than the minimum). Aside from that, I suspect we're going to be talking to young guys with little or no NBA experience.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#65 » by hamncheese » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:48 pm

Brand re-signed with Atlanta.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#66 » by ChuckDurn » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:12 am

hamncheese wrote:Brand re-signed with Atlanta.

Yep, my bad..... I missed that one.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#67 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:53 am

ugh, we couldn't have thrown a couple mil at Blatche?
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#68 » by ChuckDurn » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:37 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:ugh, we couldn't have thrown a couple mil at Blatche?

By being well over the cap, and having used the MLE on Livingston (and the bi-annual exception on O'Neal last year), all we can offer is minimum deals.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#69 » by RoyalMajesty » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:23 pm

I say let's take a gamble on a former 1st round pick Meyers Leonard from the Portland Trail Blazers. It worked out well for the Orlando Magic who took the gamble on Nikola Vucevic from the Philadelphia 76ers and it worked out well for the Phoenix Suns who took the gamble on Miles Plumlee from the Indiana Pacers. Both are former 1st round picks and both were picked outside the top 10. Also, there's been a really good amount of solid centers as of late that were drafted not as high in the 1st round such as Mason Plumlee who did a great job for the Brooklyn Nets after Brook Lopez was injured again, Steven Adams did a solid job for a rookie on a championship contending Thunder team, can't forget the rookie Gorgui Dieng who looks like he can be the answer for the TImberwolves as the defensive center for that team for many years to come, and Tyler Zeller can provide some solid minutes when given. I truly believe Meyers Leonard is worth a gamble because the Portland Trail Blazers already have Robin Lopez as the starting center and Chris Kaman as the backup center so he won't be playing much with those two ahead of him at center.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#70 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:32 am

RoyalMajesty wrote:I say let's take a gamble on a former 1st round pick Meyers Leonard from the Portland Trail Blazers. It worked out well for the Orlando Magic who took the gamble on Nikola Vucevic from the Philadelphia 76ers and it worked out well for the Phoenix Suns who took the gamble on Miles Plumlee from the Indiana Pacers. Both are former 1st round picks and both were picked outside the top 10. Also, there's been a really good amount of solid centers as of late that were drafted not as high in the 1st round such as Mason Plumlee who did a great job for the Brooklyn Nets after Brook Lopez was injured again, Steven Adams did a solid job for a rookie on a championship contending Thunder team, can't forget the rookie Gorgui Dieng who looks like he can be the answer for the TImberwolves as the defensive center for that team for many years to come, and Tyler Zeller can provide some solid minutes when given. I truly believe Meyers Leonard is worth a gamble because the Portland Trail Blazers already have Robin Lopez as the starting center and Chris Kaman as the backup center so he won't be playing much with those two ahead of him at center.

There's no indication that Leonard is available (despite the fact that he is third on the depth chart), and you've failed to identify a reasonable trade that might interest Portland in giving him up, despite having raised this exact same point ("we should get Meyers Leonard") in at least 6 previous threads. Rinse, repeat.There's a variety of centers around the league that I'd be interested in, but probably aren't obtainable for what the Warriors would be willing to give up. Until you suggest a trade that both teams might be interested in that could net us Leonard, why bother continuing to mention him?
turk3d
RealGM

Post#71 » by turk3d » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:05 pm

I also doubt Portland is interested in giving us anything (even if they did want to dump Leonard). Although maybe so far not having panned out, he's still got value, being young, a Center and a former #1 pick. No one in our division is giving us anything that could perhaps make us any stronger than we already are. I believe the competition in the West will be even more fierce this season than it was last and every team will be looking for that additional edge, no matter how slight.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#72 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:00 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:I say let's take a gamble on a former 1st round pick Meyers Leonard from the Portland Trail Blazers. It worked out well for the Orlando Magic who took the gamble on Nikola Vucevic from the Philadelphia 76ers and it worked out well for the Phoenix Suns who took the gamble on Miles Plumlee from the Indiana Pacers. Both are former 1st round picks and both were picked outside the top 10. Also, there's been a really good amount of solid centers as of late that were drafted not as high in the 1st round such as Mason Plumlee who did a great job for the Brooklyn Nets after Brook Lopez was injured again, Steven Adams did a solid job for a rookie on a championship contending Thunder team, can't forget the rookie Gorgui Dieng who looks like he can be the answer for the TImberwolves as the defensive center for that team for many years to come, and Tyler Zeller can provide some solid minutes when given. I truly believe Meyers Leonard is worth a gamble because the Portland Trail Blazers already have Robin Lopez as the starting center and Chris Kaman as the backup center so he won't be playing much with those two ahead of him at center.

There's no indication that Leonard is available (despite the fact that he is third on the depth chart), and you've failed to identify a reasonable trade that might interest Portland in giving him up, despite having raised this exact same point ("we should get Meyers Leonard") in at least 6 previous threads. Rinse, repeat.There's a variety of centers around the league that I'd be interested in, but probably aren't obtainable for what the Warriors would be willing to give up. Until you suggest a trade that both teams might be interested in that could net us Leonard, why bother continuing to mention him?

This is the NBA. Unless your name is LeBron or Durant, you are pretty much available. Come on now it's not like he's Dwight Howard or DeMarcus Cousins around here. I'm sure we can make something happen based on the Portland Trail Blazers not seeing the proper development of Meyers Leonard that they wanted for the last 2 seasons. He wasn't even in the rotation last season for crying out loud and the Trail Blazers really needed a backup center for Robin Lopez.

For them to go after a proven, but yet, old and injured center in Chris Kaman as the backup center this offseason speaks volume of how much they believe in Meyers Leonard. It's not about what we can give up for Meyers Leonard, but rather, is there a center that's under the radar and is worth to take a gamble on? The answer is yes and that's Meyers Leonard. He's definitely worth a shot based on his age, his trade value, and the connection between all the drafted centers that were not drafted high in the 1st round as of late, but yet, still produced and impact their respected team (Miles Plumlee, Mason Plumlee, Gorgui Dieng, Nikola Vucevic, Steven Adams, Tyler Zeller).
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#73 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:02 pm

turk3d wrote:I also doubt Portland is interested in giving us anything (even if they did want to dump Leonard). Although maybe so far not having panned out, he's still got value, being young, a Center and a former #1 pick. No one in our division is giving us anything that could perhaps make us any stronger than we already are. I believe the competition in the West will be even more fierce this season than it was last and every team will be looking for that additional edge, no matter how slight.

Kosta Koufos who's young and better than Meyers Leonard and was playing in the playoffs against our very own "We Believe" team was traded for Darrell Arthur who's just as efficient as Marreese Speights, but not a strong rebounder as Marreese Speights and a late 2013 2nd round pick (#55 2nd round pick to be exact). If Kosta Koufos was traded at that price especially for a already established player, I highly doubt the asking price for Meyers Leonard will be that high. Maybe two 2nd round picks or a established player and a 2nd round pick or even a established player can do the trick.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#74 » by turk3d » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:20 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:
turk3d wrote:I also doubt Portland is interested in giving us anything (even if they did want to dump Leonard). Although maybe so far not having panned out, he's still got value, being young, a Center and a former #1 pick. No one in our division is giving us anything that could perhaps make us any stronger than we already are. I believe the competition in the West will be even more fierce this season than it was last and every team will be looking for that additional edge, no matter how slight.

Kosta Koufos who's young and better than Meyers Leonard and was playing in the playoffs against our very own "We Believe" team was traded for Darrell Arthur who's just as efficient as Marreese Speights, but not a strong rebounder as Marreese Speights and a late 2013 2nd round pick (#55 2nd round pick to be exact). If Kosta Koufos was traded at that price especially for a already established player, I highly doubt the asking price for Meyers Leonard will be that high. Maybe two 2nd round picks or a established player and a 2nd round pick or even a established player can do the trick.

I'm afraid we don't have any 2nd round picks RM, I believe Utah has them all. :rolleyes:
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,864

Post#75 » by 510TWSS » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:53 pm

I remember looking at Meyers Leonard last year and he hasn't made much improvement from year 1 to 2. Although to be fair in his rookie season he got a lot of second half playing time. I remember he looked decent against us in a blowout. His 2nd year didn't get as much PT due to Robin Lopez playing well as the starting center as well as having a better overall record. He couldn't see as much time in garbage minutes.

Looking at his game he's pretty much just a hustle player. Not skilled enough on the offensive end yet to be considered a threat. I wasn't overly impressed by his defense either. He's tall but i'm thinking he's not yet gotten the handle yet on that side either. If Portland sent out a league wide message that they're looking to dump him then sure I might inquire about him.

I think if they do trade him though they're looking for an upgrade at back up center or a future 1st. Too rich for my blood if you ask me.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#76 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:02 pm

turk3d wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:

I'm afraid we don't have any 2nd round picks RM, I believe Utah has them all. :rolleyes:

Yes, we are currently out of 2nd round picks due to the Utah Jazz and Denver Nuggets trade to clear the contracts of Andris Biedrins, Richard Jefferson, and Brandon Rush in order to sign Andre Iguodala.

Warriors: C-Meyers Leonard
Trail Blazers: PG-J.J. Barea, SF-Glenn Robinson III, C-Ognjen Kuzmic
Timberwolves: PG-Nemanja Nedovic and SG-Will Barton/SG-Allen Crabbe

^^^^^ Maybe something like this?
turk3d
RealGM

Post#77 » by turk3d » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:18 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:
turk3d wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:

Yes, we are currently out of 2nd round picks due to the Utah Jazz and Denver Nuggets trade to clear the contracts of Andris Biedrins, Richard Jefferson, and Brandon Rush in order to sign Andre Iguodala.

Warriors: C-Meyers Leonard
Trail Blazers: PG-J.J. Barea, SF-Glenn Robinson III, C-Ognjen Kuzmic
Timberwolves: PG-Nemanja Nedovic and SG-Will Barton/SG-Allen Crabbe

^^^^^ Maybe something like this?

Don't know. Unfortunately we're very limited at this point in the possible moves we could make. Pretty much down to the scraps and no one wants scraps, lol.

Ayon just signed with Real Madrid:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... eal-Madrid
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Post#78 » by TrueStoryGSW » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:28 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/514546129955225601[/tweet]
I think its 50/50 whether he retires or signs with us for the vet min.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#79 » by RoyalMajesty » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:13 pm

510TWSS wrote:I remember looking at Meyers Leonard last year and he hasn't made much improvement from year 1 to 2. Although to be fair in his rookie season he got a lot of second half playing time. I remember he looked decent against us in a blowout. His 2nd year didn't get as much PT due to Robin Lopez playing well as the starting center as well as having a better overall record. He couldn't see as much time in garbage minutes.

Looking at his game he's pretty much just a hustle player. Not skilled enough on the offensive end yet to be considered a threat. I wasn't overly impressed by his defense either. He's tall but i'm thinking he's not yet gotten the handle yet on that side either. If Portland sent out a league wide message that they're looking to dump him then sure I might inquire about him.

I think if they do trade him though they're looking for an upgrade at back up center or a future 1st. Too rich for my blood if you ask me.

Well, the Trail Blazers can't be too demanding for a player that can't even get minutes. Two 2nd round picks or a established NBA player should be where the Trail Blazers will be getting for Meyers Leonard if they decide to trade him.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#80 » by turk3d » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:32 pm

Surprised we didn't look at him (didn't know he was out there):

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... th-Hornets

Return to Golden State Warriors